Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
hello all,

The other thread just got a bit too long with 100 posts of organisation to wade through. Here is the official whats going to happen notification thingy:

Staff and Poi in the Park London
18th May
Clapham Common
Near the bandstand on the lovely glade like area.
From about 3ish till after dark, then a big crowd are going to the liquid whatdayacallit party

bring if you can:
toys, cake, fud, paraffin, blankets, marmite, smiles and trees.

Heres the details:
SPIP London Flyer

With thanks to DOM, Carrey, Kat, Ewan, PK, Cassandra, Lisa, Davy Cantus and everyone who's cotributed time and enthusiasm to making to happen.

its going to be a bloody good day
see you there
glass

(:WhoohOO-sPleedEndyflOp!! LALalalalA-TEE-Hee!!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
hhmmmmm.......still twiddling thumbs hoping for the all clear to come.

*Wanders off to hope some more, praying desperately that 'all things will be ok in the end' thingy is true.*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
I am coming down on the 18th, hopefully will be bringing my daughter and a few friends. Can't wait for the 18th and to learn some new moves.

Are we nearly there yet?

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Do we have any idea of how many people are turning up? Or is 'Loads and Loads' probably as accurate an answer as we're going to get?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Lovely to hear that so many people are promising to turn up! I know a lot of you can't wait to be too shy to say hello to each other! Maybe we should all wear name badges

We have no idea how many people are turning up, such is the anture of the event. The weather is a big factor. Looks like it'll be a bit cloudy, not too warm, but no rain, according to this site. No wind would be nice for flag spinning!

When the idea was originally put together I thought maybe a couple of dozen peeps would come along. How with most UK HoP'ers attending, and numerous random London poi people coming along lots of different numbers get kicked about. People will come and go randomly during the day, making the crowd dynamic. I reckon probably an average of say 30, maybe 50, people at a time. 100 is probably optimistic, but would be truly amazing!

Anyone else care to guess?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
I reckon there will be 1,2,3,4,5, ooh i always forget what comes after 5. I reckon there will be
"loads and loads".

If its a muchsunnily lowwindily kindaday I reckon we might have more than Dom reckons we might have.

floatyflufflyflyingpoismiles
Glass

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yeah, loads and loads of lovely peeps

Odissimember
14 posts

Posted:
Helllo chickens..

At events like this I always get an irrational urge to bulk buy/bring humous and pitta... any objections??

Oooh, by the way, I'm SURE I saw you from a distance Dom... on saturday... I WOULD have run up and said hello... but, ummm, it WAS cannabis day... and I wasn't quite in full working order...

Safe breadbins,

EMILY xx

Squeak, moo.And what IS so funny about peace love and understanding??

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Kato, PK and NoonaLaura, great to spin with you last night at spittlefields market. wicked

I arrived at the skate and met a few oldies including an ex and manypeeps who I haven't seen for at least a year. And four of the juggling performing groove London crowd who I didn't know would be ther.

But then get to the party and theres a couple of poiers there, and I'm watching, just checking em out and Thinking “hang on a minute, that, shes got style, good. And he’s got really clean timing and circles, a lot of hours went into them circles”.
Then the dude PK shows up behind me and introduces kato and laura. A Sheffieldtastic invasion.
Sorry that I couldn't stay later for drink, but I really had to get sleep. early morning.

Kato Loved the stuff about swinging on wrists and learning every handle. And working up and down the x beat weaves. Reminds me that haven’t done any of that kinda poi experimenting since September. I'm having a think to try to remember some crazy shit for the 18 for a big London/Sheffield trick swap.

Very weird night for me, It was like my past present and future happening all in one place and one time. An exgirlfriend, old friends, old enemys, (all that I handn't seen for a year), old me’s, new me, and some kind of weird signposts pointing to the future all under one roof. And I wasn’t even tripping.
W.S.H. weird S*&* happens.

Almost on topic....
Homous and pitta. mmmmmmm

Groovy
Drew
_________ok, so there was only one typo I was trying not to make and i made it in the first line, duh. having a dum day

[ 10 May 2002, 03:52: Message edited by: glass ]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Odissi, thought I saw you too, but wasn't sure. Had a lovely, random day there, very nice! Shall you be gracing Kensal Rise with your presence tonight?

Bring humous and pitta, I'm sure nobody has any major humous objections!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey man i was wicked to see you too. We had such a good time following the skate on the bus, have never seen so many skaters at any one time. Even though the event went pear shaped from the start it eventually got closed down due to health and safty and the coppers around midnight for some reason but the night finished with some fire by laura and kato and some extreme (kato arm singeing) fire breathing from myself. Was an enjoyable event to do, might only have had travel and hotel payed for but was not gonna turn down a trip to london. think i spent too much down in camdon but what the hell, got next weekend to shop some more! hehe.
right i'm off to bag my aerotechs up and hand them back, and maybe get them back so i can do a show with out them breaking just before going on stage... erm. hope i can have them back before 18th. there was me gonna film my col footage too. back to the drawing board.

OH any one doing anything on the 17th? we are coming down a day early so we can play hard all weekend!! yay

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
absolutely splendid to meet you Sir Glass fellow rollerblader extraordinaire...twas delightful.

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
ahhh this is so unfair, i really want to come on the 18th and just cant, bloody a levels. you guys are going to have so much fun you know that!

please tell me theres going to be something on after the 25th june!, it would be the most amazing way to symbolise the end of exams , , ,for all students lol

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
After the 25th? Yes, it's called Glastonbury!

There will always be poi events and parties, and we'll let you know when they are. After the stress of exams you're going to need some heavy spinning and partying and it'll be there!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
What will we do if it is spilling from the high heavens. Rain would definitely put a damper on our fun planned day?

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
Hey ppl,

So looking forward to meeting you guys. My sis is coming along with me hopefully. Come rain or shine wild horses would have a job keeping me away.

See you all soon
e*

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Ahah
the old rain question.
Onely:
Its not going to rain cos I sold Doms soul to the devil to make sure that it dodn't and
twoly: I'm just working on a couple of rain plans.
Talking to one of the squats, but that would be 40people max max.
Or alternatively under the westway at royal oak is a place that I used to go to play street hockey and its free, a bit urban wasteland, but good for fire.
Treely: Oh don't worry about it, it'll all turn out alright in the end, I don't know how but it always does.

Lots of gloves
glass

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

laughs and runs away:::

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:

ROFL
grrrr, I'll get you pesky kids.

sneaks off to have a shave.

No one told me it was wind up glass day, first DFQ, now PK, whats going on

you monkey

Drew

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
haha i was sat watching the footage of the skate, and i sudenly spotted you there in the crowd, thought it would be amusing to do soming with the pic.
wasnt ment to be a pic on glass day, just a lighter note for the thread.
any way was so good to see you again mate.
8 days to go and counting.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
As to the rain issue, are Londoners water soluble?

Meh

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
dunno about Londoners, but I can tell you French frogs are water soluble ....

Glass, don't shave that beard, 'tis lovely But take your hands off of your pocket, that is not very polite

PK, I'll be in London on the 17th allready , maybe some of us can hook up even just for a drink or something ?
how about you, bro ?
Dom's my boss so i need to ask him what he thinks of it (what do you think, Master ? )

7 days and counting

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey look Thistle is coming. That saves me emailing her....

Meh

4,224 posts

Posted:
THistle is coming too ? with her kid ?
YAY, that is great news

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
hey cass, we will be in london early on the 17th to get some shopping done and do a lil sight seeing maybe, meeting up would be kewl, i think we are planning to hit a club that night too. not to sure yet, but we will want to do soming that i'm sure of.

oh beware of dodgy emails floating around i was sent a virus last night it was attached to a page from aerotechprojects website email to me for some reason, after looking at it i couldnt do any thing with my puter.
the email addy was a false one it had 3 letters then .e (abc.e) but i cant remember the letters, so just becareful.

4,224 posts

Posted:
PK, could you gimme your celle phone number ? we can try and meet friday
who's coming down with you ?

4,224 posts

Posted:
the website Dom mentioned earlier, as well as a few others predict... eeer ... rain ....
or at least "scattered showers" what exactly do they mean ?

I know weather forecast are not reliable a week away from one date, so I guess, we' better wait for, say... thursday...

shine on
smiles and SUNSHINE to you all
cassandra

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Rain forcast eh...typical

We should probably have gone ahead in April which was a scorcher of a month.

Anyhow, rain or shine - looking forward to meeting some of u folks at last.

See u Sat

Kat
BTW
Ill be the one in the leather pants trying to spin and hold a brolly at the same time!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Hey Cassandra, just thought I'd answer your question to PK! Me and Kato and Spiky Rich and PK are driving down on Friday.

It will be lovely to meet you.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i called dom this evening for a lil chat regarding a few matters of necesity and fun for the weekend. dom now asures me that he will come in drag and scare all the rain away!!
just kidding anyway..
yeah as laura mentions we will be there way before your train arrives and we are gonna head to camdon to do some shopping and i need to pick up a costume for performing, maybe seen it during saturday if i can be arsed.
i am so looking forward to it. Dom has my number cass so you can call me once you get there.
as for any one else that may need to contact me you can reach me on 07798 828323 no prank calls though as i've had enough of crap.
some one decided to send me a virus friday night and from the internet poi comunity, they didnt get very far but could have done so if they were clever enough. watch for emails with and address like "abc.e" do not open attachments they contain a virus. the leters were not abc but i cant remember. but it did end with .e .
tempest knows about this virus too so i'm sure i am not the only one that has become familiar with it so far this past week.
I dont think tempest will be making an appearance due to financial reasons and a few personal ones at that too, what a shame but i'm sure we can all get a big fire circle going once dusk for him to sit back and view on some tape.
guys i will see you all at the weekend.
cass, dom i will see you guys friday.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's probably the same thing that screwed over my computer the other week. I'm just about getting it all back together now. Luckily I didn't lose as much as mr Pk did (sorry dude). It's a nasty thing.

Spiral had a virus in February too. They're evil blighters.

Meh

Page: