catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
any twirlers/regular fire meetings around cary/clayton, North carolina?... I have to travel there for work for 2 weeks and wondered if there was going to be anyone about?... I looked under the meet others and there seem to be a few from NC, but I dont really know where the cities are around that part of the world......should I take my poi across the pond with me?...cat smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I wuz gonna call "point" but she said she tried meet others and it didn't work...Sorry ma'am, can't help ya... North Carolina's a decently large state though...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Wassup! When and where? That's all I have to say. I might even be able to come and pick you up on a weekend. How's that sound? I've got a couple of friends who spin (like Supafly!) and I think they would be up for the adventure as well. There are going to be some pretty decent parties coming up as well, if you are into that sort of thing. Hit me up on my email- glowshow@hotmail.com and get me the specifics. My schedule is always open to meet new twirlers! grinBring your poi, and any other goodies that you have, and I will guarantee a good time! grin------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Oh, yeah? Does that count as a point??? wink------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Hey, I just checked on Mapquest, and I need to know whether it is Cary or Clayton. Or both. They are on either side of Raleigh, which is our state capital. It is only about 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive. Supa' has a whole mess of twirling friends in Raleigh, and we have been trying to get together and get up that way for a while now, so you seem to be in luck!I am going to email him and direct him to this page. Send me more info, and we'll get this together.------------------I feel more like I do now then I did when I got here.PLUR(RE) ---J---[This message has been edited by glowshow (edited 12 February 2002).]

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
I'm down. Just let me know when and where. Have a safe trip over Catboy and run a search on international traveling with poi to get a better idea on whether or not you should bring your poi with you.

Fear the evil monkey!

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Awe. I love it when poi people get together *sniffle* warms my heart smile

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
will be travelling out on 4th or 5th march, then travelling back around 14th/15th...not 100% where I am going to be staying, but I think its called la quinta hotel or something (dont know where exactly). we have two main plants in cary and clayton and I am working out of clayton. people have mentioned raleigh, so it's prob. around there somewhere... I will find out more and let you all know... amazed about the response! cheers peep's...speak sooncat smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
OK I got it sorted now...I will be staying in LaQuinta Inn at Cary between 5th March and 15th March... any people twirling around there and then, give me a shout...I will be able to check my e-mail, so you can mail me if yoiu need to get in contactb smile

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Hmm...

NC Thread I guess?

OK So I'm Flying out to Raleigh, NC tomorrow till the 8th of April and was wondering if there were any spinners around to have a spin? biggrin

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

mtbeerGOLD Member
ARRRR!
529 posts

Posted:
I don't know any spinners in Raleigh although Supafly might.

There are a bunch of us here in Charlotte but it's a three hour trip to Raleigh and everyone works on different schedules so I'm not sure how many I could round up. If you were here on the 9th there would be a seriously crazy party in Charlotte with a fire spinning afterparty.

"My skin is singed but it heals my heart and with glowing pride I'll wear my scars." -Davey Havok

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
OH! Tempting! biggrin

May have to see about rearanging ticket biggrin

If there's a Charlotte spinning night I could pop over on the plane this weekend possibly?

Hmmm......

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Nope It seems I working this weekend! BAH!

Any spinners here? frown Gonna have to spin on my own)

Sigh!