Page:
tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
All i want to know is how to do one and wat it should look like please.
Yes i did do a search, yes i got 23 results, no didn't get any of them.
feeling a little bit retarded now.

Could someone please just leave some instructions i would be unbelievably grateful and you will have a lovely *ooh i helped someone today* feeling in their tummy.

Tennis

If i can offer any of my 'tricks' (whatever you want to call them) we can trade?

My cat's breath smells like catfood

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
Yep nikwidd i hear ya. Can tangle the butterfly Outside, inside or "one out one in" (aka inverted).

The outside one can stay out side for as many beats as you like
The inside one can stay inside for as many beats as you like
The inverted one can stay there but i find with socks it all goes wrong, to exit from the inversion you switch which poi is inside and outside.

The inverted one is exactly the same as the 'Butterfly Barrel Roll' (better known as an inverted butterfly) that you've been talking about. I could dig out some video of this if need be.

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Sorry Matt but inverted buterfly the same as buttefly barrell roll? confused Surely a butterfly between the arms is inverted butterfly? Inverted butterfly hyperloop maybe but even that's pushing it giving that you've moved the knot right down into your arms.
I'd go with butterfly thru-wrap as the same thing as barrell roll but not inverted butterfly, it's too misleading a title

oh and sorry for being offtopic ubbangel

Let's relight this forum ubblove

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
butterfly between the arms is inverted aswell, ithink it would be a 0 degree inversion, a barrel roll is a 1st degree inversion.. both for butterflys and weave varients.... or at least thats my understanding of things.

what matt is saying is that the inveretd butterfly hyperloop (the one wheer it bounces between your arms... not sure if you need the inverted term to describe this as i think by defintion hyperloops are invereted tangles (airwraps non inverted ones..) ) is the same as a butterfly barrel roll only with your poi tangled up instead of your arms.

..oo an i might be wrong ubbrollsmile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

Mr_widdeat my face before i eat yours
253 posts

Posted:
 Written by: nickwidd

i been doing the airwrap butterfly, the middle part of this move (the bit infront of you) well on the down beat i move the poi to under my arms and thread them through as if it was an inside butterlfy wrap. I will put a video up of this as soon as my sister gets back from holiday with my camera but just wondering if anyone elce knows what i mean or does this as it feels and looks very coool. cool

got the camera back, heres a video of it, haven't done it much so please please i know its messy but just want you to get the idea of what i'm talking about.... smile

fNiGOLD Member
master of disaster
3,354 posts

Posted:
its actually a reverse bfly airwrap wink

I seem to find it easier than the fwd bfly airwrap but who knows

[edit]

now there's a butterfly hyperloop vid in my gallery... are we satisfied that that's what it is?

(and yes you can keep the butterfly in the middle, I was just lazy tongue )
EDITED_BY: fireNice (1146592954)

kyrian: I've felt your finger connect with me many times
lou kitten: sneaky little meatball..
ezz: please corrupt me more

253 posts

Posted:
yeah i know its the reverse butterfly airwrap but i do it between my arms, not out in front, this is what i was bringing attention to.

LazyAngelGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,895 posts

Posted:
nick- I know the move you mean, sometimes I feel like I'm doing chicken wings with my arms when repeating it wink
have you noticed that when it goes wrong, it can come out in a buzzsaw hypeloop?

Because ActiveAngel sounds like a feminine deodorant

Like sex, I'm much more interesting in real life than online.

'Be the change you want to see in the world around you' - Ghandi

253 posts

Posted:
yeah, i have had that happen loads. i found a way of keeping it going, when its at the botton pull the poi apart quite hard and then just let go lose again right after the top point into it again. but yeah i diudnt think i could do a buzzsaw hyperloop untill i did it by mistake (several times)

infinitemember
110 posts

Posted:
I lkearned a split time version of the butterfly hyperloop, normal butterfly take rt poi and go behind left hip with it TTN style, as rt hand poi is coming out from behind your waist it should be pretty easy to tangle poi in left hand on its down swing, they hyperloop in split ime across in front of you.

nickwidd that was awesome, I will try it forwards as I can do the opposite way cotinously, but i havnt tried to invert it yet, that was tech poi buggery.

EDITED_BY: infinite (1146631725)

dont make peoples heads turn, give them whiplash.

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
 Written by: LazyAngel

nick- I know the move you mean, sometimes I feel like I'm doing chicken wings with my arms when repeating it wink
have you noticed that when it goes wrong, it can come out in a buzzsaw hypeloop?

it should actually come out horizontal buzzsaw hyperloop unless you were making horizontal butterflies to begin with. biggrin in general, you can see the similarities between butterfly and horizontal weaves in counting for the same reasons this works. once you play with it to the Nth degree, it's not too hard to get the reverse of that move and pull any tangle apart as either butterfly or weave in some combination of planes. biggrin

253 posts

Posted:
i been working on the reverse of it this evening and its getting there, i know what i got to do but its not clicked yet. with the orignal one i got it repeating smoothly now. planing on making a video of a full spin on sunday so will have it in there.

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
[quote=matt]
Yep nikwidd i hear ya. Can tangle the butterfly Outside, inside or "one out one in" (aka inverted).

The outside one can stay out side for as many beats as you like
The inside one can stay inside for as many beats as you like
The inverted one can stay there but i find with socks it all goes wrong, to exit from the inversion you switch which poi is inside and outside.

The inverted one is exactly the same as the 'Butterfly Barrel Roll' (better known as an inverted butterfly) that you've been talking about. I could dig out some video of this if need be.

m

Written by: Dunc

Sorry Matt but inverted buterfly the same as buttefly barrell roll? confused Surely a butterfly between the arms is inverted butterfly? Inverted butterfly hyperloop maybe but even that's pushing it giving that you've moved the knot right down into your arms.
I'd go with butterfly thru-wrap as the same thing as barrell roll but not inverted butterfly, it's too misleading a title

oh and sorry for being offtopic ubbangel

Hey Dunc, just gonna clarify a few things. The laguage for this area of moves is pretty bad since most of the moves don't get named but here's as i understand it (i could easily be wrong)

A normal butterfly would be on the OUTSIDE plane
a butterfly between your arms would be on the INSIDE plane
if 1 poi is on the outside plane and 1 poi is on the inside plane, then the butterfly is said to be INVERTED.

Oli is correct is understanding what i mean, but i'm not sure anyone else would see that from the text :lol this stuff is crazy hard to type about.

Essentially the important poi here is, Tangles and Inversions are almost identicle. The only difference is that in the Tangle the twist (nexus) occurs half way along the poi, with an inversion you move the twist up to your arms.

For a butterfly hyperloop you do have to do the inversions. ie for 1 beat the left poi is inside and right poi outside. Then for the next beat the left poi is outside and the right poi inside.

(you can pause with 1 IN 1 OUT and keep it there for a while if you like)

Does that clear it up dunc??? Im' prety sure that terminology is right.

As for the term BARREL ROLL. I'm not entirely sure what this means. I've only heard it in regard to a weave when you (eg spinning forwards) just crossing over to the opposite side, bring the top hand inside first, followed by the other hand, and continue your weave. ie Invert it, unInvert it and carry on. Same as the butterfly i just described.

BTW a thru wrap is very similar to a tangle, the difference is that the twist point (nexus) is 1 poi and 1 body part.

So when you're playing with these moves you transition thru tangles, inversions and thruwraps all the time. It just depends where the nexus is on each poi / arm

Right, back to work, laters,

m

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

burningbreezeSILVER Member
7 posts

Posted:
Wow I should have done the forum thing sooner!

I've been trying to get this move for a week, but every time I enter into the tangle, both poi end up on the same plane and hit each other, any suggestions?

Mr. widd I looked for your video on youtube,and it said it had been removed, any chance you could put it back up?

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
the way I do this butterfly tangle thing, which I'm not sure classifies as a hyperloop, is when the chains cross at the top you let them cross eachother at about the halfway point on the chains. when they hit eachother, cross your arms. it makes 1 and a half rotations before you uncross your arms. if you try, you can keep your arms crossed almost indefinately and keep the butterfly tangle thing going. when done right, instead of the poi movingin a perfect circle, they make more of an oblong shape. like this: 0

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

Page: