Forums > Social Chat > Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

Has anyone ever thought of making a "poiers" music album? A collection of music that's GREAT to poi to? What music would you put on it?

My favourite music..

I'll start it off with 'Bony Incus (the man with no name mix)', by Eat Static. What music would other people put on it?

Happy (rythmical) Swinging,

Tim

Music Music Music

Music to spin to, Tell us your favourite music to dance to

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Cool, what shall we say £15 for everything?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
Durbs: Yeah, it's definitely worht it, but it's not something you would expect from a trance Cd- it's more like psychodelic chill. Still good for twirling, but not a very hard-core one. Go for it!

Sol

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Trance is gooood grin

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I fell asleep on the lounge next to my pooter listening to Shpongle, I woke up a couple hours later half way through Divine Moments of Truth - that voice freaked me out!Sun Project - Out of my Brain has a special place in my heart smile For some reason one night I was listening to it and the music brought lyrics into my head that went:"Oh no, I - I am porcupine"over and over... yeah, that was a good night grin

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Bouncing Bass by OS1. One the greatest tunes ever written in my opinion (but i have strange tastes).In fact anything by OS1 is well received in my house.... Not available in the shops. You have to get it from mp3.com but i'm unsure of the exact address. You can find a link to it if you visit OS1's website @ www.osweb.co.uk "I'll prove that I'm the greatest soundman of all time and I'm starting right now!"------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
That Os1 was pretty good, a little too techno for my taste, but decent none the less. Check out the new Wumpscut album, I think it's called "wreath of barbs", Neph or Syn23 would know for shure, but it's a great CD for people with a trancy style of fire dancing.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Solmember
33 posts

Posted:
I still get suprised every time it turns out that people already know Shpongle- I've just discovered it recently and was totally blown away. Weird that I haven't heard it before, though. Maybe it's not that well known in Uk yet.

Sol

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should come up to sheffield and come clubbing with me then Sol. I think you'd be surprised.

Meh

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
BEST two songs i've found for spinning"pistolero" by juno reactor (preferably the man with no name remix, you can find it here https://www.millevolte.com/Juno%20Reactor%20-%20Pistolero%20(Man%20With%20No%20
Name%20remix).mp3)"Come to daddy (pappy remix)" by prodigy, remixed by aphex twin, funky drum and bass allow for freaky breaks and turns if you time it right found here https://tiiite.b16a.com/MP3/cky2k_AphexTwin-Come2daddy.mp3)now
the last one is a MUST FIND because someone must be able to find it, cause i've only found it once and it's no longer available - it's by PANACEA and it's called "return to motion sickness" which is A PERFECT title for ANYTHING spinning related - i like to do yo yo to it, but hey, poi is just as good!------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~[This message has been edited by Psylentz (edited 01 January 2002).][This message has been edited by Psylentz (edited 01 January 2002).]

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
I love the Dogmanaut song - did you hear the version they did for the Lamacq session? V.funny!*s*

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Yo, Psylentz, that song was actually pretty easy to find. I haven't listened to it yet cuz i haven't had time after i downloaded it, but i got it from audiogalaxy no hassles. Also Kazaa was good for itPeace out------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yeah I found that song quite easily on audiogalaxy too. And the Juno Reactor one also. Alhough I suspect I already have it some place in my vast record collection.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

HeliumDreamermember
39 posts

Posted:
And what would you say dominates this 'vast record collection'? Is it all dance & trance or are there some secret pop tracks and other embarrasing tunes hidden away in there too?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have a spice Girls single. But it's a rare limited release cd. Never been played. Might be worth something one day. Or it'll make a good frisbee. Either way.....Nothing I'm embarrassed about though. Techno, Trance, D&B, Industrial, Punk, Ska, Traditional irish, contemporary folk, neo-folk punk ( tongue), Hip Hop, Break beat, Acid Jazz, Muppets/dinosaurs/fraggle rock. Some Disney stuff too.The usual kind of record colection. Fairly normal really wink tongue grin------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

I am Schwabemember
25 posts

Posted:
err...I hope those are some good tracks..I now have about 30 quened up for dl, all from this thread...lol on a 56kIm going to add a suggestion to the potFantasy- Acid Breeze...that song...is...amazing...I was flwoing with my eyes closed to it in my bedroom in the middle fo the night, captivatingsadly, I cant find any more by the author (fantasy) to dl on kazza...all the shti that comes up fromt that search is the final fantasy soundtrackanywaysLates and good beats to all dum dum dumerr *shoots himself*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
OK I'm downloading Acid Breeze by Fantasy. I found loads of their tracks on audiogalaxy BTW.Pistolero by juno reactor - Quite good. Need a few more listens before I can decide if i'm hooked or not though.Wasn't impressed with Panacea. Only heard the one track (the return to motion sickness one). It's kind of pop jungle. Not really my cup of tea. But that's only my opinion.Haven't got the prodigy one yet. And it's not in my record collection - which is odd as I have nearly all their back catalogue.Out of My Head by SUN Project. Bendy I love you. I've been after this track for so long but had no idea what it was called. I also, on a whim, got Chapachoolka by them. And that kicks some serious bottom too.Oh and that Dogmonaut song. Which is somewhat akin to quite alot of tracks I have already. A modern twist on mid 90's crustie music. Ah, those were the days......[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 03 January 2002).]

Meh

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ahhhhh - aren't the old ones the best!"I was lying in bed with the wife the other night - well I was lying to her and she was lying to me".... Might make that my signature.If people are after ambient stuff then download and Placebo b-side. "What?!" i hear you cry in dis-belief - "that gender bending neo-goth post modern rock trio?" (Possibly).I absoloutley love all their music and believe it or not they do some VERY good ambient stuff. Especially "Ion" which is stupendous or "Hug Bubble" (Original or Brad Wood remix).Mind you - I'm very biased...------------------https://welcome.to/thehugbubble The Mug Shot Gallery MSN Poi Community Words to memerise, words hypnotise, words make my mouth exercise.

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Well in my opinion, it is hard to go wrong with Sun Project - and before I was aware of this fact, I missed them at Earthcore frownIf you want more, try Zwork, Under Control and 380 Volts - I just love the guitar.I know what it is like to want a song and have no clue what it is called. I heard one on New Years Eve and was staring up at the sky, there was something in the song that made me feel like I was flying!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
OK I've a new suggestion for you :Trancespotter by HallucinogenI've had this for a while but not really heard it til tonight. Took my spinning in strange new direction.....

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I just got that one Cantus - nice smile3 more for people to try out:New Order - Blue Monday seems to lend itself to twirling rather nicely. Must be something about the solid drumming in it - that intro rocks!Moby - Machete is one I haven't heard many times but everytime I do hear it I always think "oooh, I like that"Sufaris - Wipeout - try it out and I swear if you truly FEEL this song, you'll be absolutely stuffed by the end of the 2:37. Nice for some fast, energetic action.

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
Genius by Pitchshifter is a very good song to go mental with your poi to!!!!!Also most tunes by The Prodigy are good as well as most trance / Hard HouseAlso i make !!!Trance!!! which is available for free d/l My homepage also includes a picture of me doin fire poi which is quite nice!!!------------------www.fire4hire.co.uk - in constructionwww.ampcast.com/djmdma

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
i posted this on another thread - but OH FORTUNA by apotheosis is WONDERFULoh yah - and see if you can find the rammstein remix of aqua's BARBIE GIRL

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ok Psylentz if you like Oh Fortuna then you may also like:Heaven is Oblivion by UltraviolenceDawn by UltraviolenceGotterdammerung by Johnny ViolentHeaven is oblivion is one of my favouritest ever tunes.You might find they're a little too grumpy for a delicate little soul like you though. I put them in order of nastiness (fluffiest first)

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
I have a few more, not necessarily for twirling, but just to share some good music with y'all smileVarious styles, something for everyone, "Ah garronteee".Sosa - Accelerator(Taucher remix) -> techno/trance, wicked build up grinNightClub - French Kiss (DJ Scot Project remix) -> similar to above, but better even bigger build up!Depeche Mode - Useless (Kruder & Dorfmeister remix) -> mellow remix of classic 80'sGarbage - Milk (Massive Attack remix) -> ultra-dub version of cool songJefferson Airplane - White Rabbit -> trippy 70s(?), very niceAlan Parsons Project - The Raven -> "Whoa, his guitar is talking!"Mampy Swift - Jaws -> My fav drum and bass tuneRhapsody - Dawn of Victory -> Get this and surprise yourself!Etta James - At Last -> jazz one of my favourite all time songsFractal Glider - Chasing Ganesha -> saved the best for last. Goa.------------------Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!

mushroom willmember
3 posts

Posted:
surely banco de gaia deserves a mention if just for fantastic tunes!?

hmm....good thing ya don't have loads a work to be doin!!!!
it's all about burnin and bouncin!

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I seem to sense a theme of violence in cantus's selected tunes*backs into a corner and hides for fear of a violent fraggle*

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
*Agrees with PHL9te about Roni Size track*What about Echo+Bounce by Propellerheads (or is that just me??)

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Cantus
quote:
If it's crap I fear i shall have to cut your feet off....
Aargh! You haven't been watchin a Japanese film called Audition by any chance? Oh god, you've reminded me of it now, I'll be stuck with that image for ages!

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
With all this cool dance, trance, techno, ambient etc music being tossed around I just had to let you all know about one of my favorite sites. I d-load a ton of music from www.epitonic.comI like it because all the music is free and legal. I like the fact that I know I'm not ripping off the artist. (In fact, I've ordered CD's solely because I first discovered them on epitonic thus supporting both the artist and the small independent record stores that carry their CDs)Tons of techno, tons of trance. Check out Carl Cox, Jondi & Spesh, ABA Structure, Solvent, and Hammers of Misfortune.Hope you like it.Also, I'm really into a new CD called "Tala Matrix" by Tabla Beat Science. It's essentially Bill Frisell producing Zakir Hussain who plays tabla. Awesome stuff. It's not on epitonic but believe me, it's worth just going out and getting it.[Dru is still pearched on his doorstep like a stone gargoyle waiting for his Poi to arrive from NZ.]

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
OK, I've tracked down the link to that Wumpscut song: www.dismantled.org/input.shtmlIt's a remix, but pretty close to the original ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Page: ...