lobermayermember
8 posts

Posted:
HI poisers,

i think i've found a new move. now probably u'll laugh!!!
Non-Https Image Link
it's a very easy move and looks quite nice. now the strange thing about it is that as a fairly advanced poiser with some years of experience, i've only just discovered it now by coincidence, while having a conversation with some people, while i was doing some easy moves.

now, ofcourse somebody has done this one before, and maybe even, every beginner nows it, but like i said....it just seems so strange to me, that i only discoverd it now.

so if u all know this one, i'll be terribly embarrased....and plz laugh at me

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

so, this is how it goes:

u need 2 be able 2 do the low turn right and left way around ---> easy peasy!

it is a combination of those both ways. u start doing a low turn (lets say turning your body 2 the left first) but u dont actually turn ur body, but stay still and let the pois continue their normal path as if u would have completed the normal low turn.

as the poi ascend behind you, you take them to the front again along the left side of ur body. now, as they descend again in front of u, immediately do a low turn but 2 the right this time. again, u don't turn ur body around (just move ur hips a bit, to make way 4 the poi, if necessary), now as the go up behind ur body again, u take them 2 the front, but along the right side of ur body this time.

so this make a continouous, easy move with parallell poi, and -i think- looks quite nice!

like i said: plz shoot me, if i'm making a fool aout of myself

Non-Https Image Link

peace and poo!
lukas

And everything I used to be has spiraled into insanity...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I thiiiiink I know what you're talking about but I'm not too sure. Sounds like chasing the moon turns? Same as chasing the sun but next to your hips in stead. They are real nice turns especially when you turn low a bit and then throw in a few chasing the sun turns and then mish mash 'em together combing high and low turning in random directions. They much nicer done in wall plane with really parallel poi...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Sorry, nearly forgot

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Yep, I do this move quite a lot... one of my favorite combos with it is after doing it for a few beats, when they are coming to your right side I do a leg wrap on the right hand poi, quickly spin 90 degrees to my right and pop in to butterfly.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
is this any thing like a watermill?

just kidding....

i love these low turn combo's. reminds me of master jo derry

good flow and plane practice too.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:

just felt lake laughing at you, i do lowturns both ways, without turning but never put them toghether.

i think this is one of thoughs moves eveyone knows is possible but never does coz it seems to simple to look good, but it does.

thanx for pointing out the blatenly obvious that i didnt realize!

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

cyberspinmember
21 posts

Posted:
it's part of the non moving turns and does look amazing, just add some interest it looks real good if you go low to the ground with it and combine it with parralell shoulder reels!

my move the strut!

do a non turning tuck turn and put one foot infront the other like a cat walk model and do that with more tucks and shoulder reels! ( but you have to put your foot one after the other after each tuck or shoulder reel!) it looks realy cool but maybe a bit poserish?!

Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven (John Milton)I am the answer to all questions and cause of all problems!

lobermayermember
8 posts

Posted:
shoulder reels? sorry, i'm german and don't know too many english names. do you mean the high turn (the opposite of the low turn?)

peace and poo!

And everything I used to be has spiraled into insanity...

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
i hate it when you get to experienced to remeber to keep things simple to look good. for example there are many things you can do with a crossover by you simple neglect the simple stuff after a while. i mean simple stuff like turn upon turn upon turn, in various ways, can look very cool.

Power percieved is power achieved.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i like how this move doesn't look too stale when you repeat it gracefully.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

mosesmember
30 posts

Posted:
yes, i'm unfamiliar with shoulder reels as well

..::Spiral Out:Keep Going::..