i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Ok, so its my neat little name for it anyway... I saw it at the end of one of those Chicago Glowstick videos, but I can't figure out the right hand position for the transition. Basically, I'm trying to go from a reverse weave, turning 90 degrees right into a kinda-windmill and then do an air-wrap right behind my head (Ergo: flaming halo). I suppose right OVER my head may work too, but I'm afraid of smacking myself in the head... more than... I do now.

ANYWAY, anyone have some tips? Right now I am bringing my right hand up from the second beat on the left side right onto my right shoulder, and my left hand up to the left shoulder and standing up / 90 degrees to the plain of motion. Sometimes the strings hit, sometimes they don't, sometimes they are all wonky, and I have done this move TWICE but still havn't zoned in on the motion I'm missing...

Little help?

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Dude we were talikng bout btb/ bth hyperloops and airwraps but noone was interested. This 1 is actually pretty simple compaired to some Arashi was talking about.
Sounds like you are nearly there, i do a 3bt bth windmill and on the 3rd bt the string wind up bth and then unwind. Airwraps are simple compaired to hyperloops. If u can get that 1, there is a simila 1 thats more btb but use's the same movements as above.
Actually, your problem is the planes, u need to angle the chains a little so they connect, otherwise you should have it.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Yeah I think I've started to figure this move out... I go from a reverse weave into it (from the outbeat on the right side I move my hand up to my right shoulder if that makes sense). I can sorta do it above my head... little bit more practice and some more flexability and I should be able to get it behind my head. Right now I'm just working on doing it front of a mirror and figuring out the right hand positions to get the timing right so the strings hit in the same place (my right one has a tendancy to hit more down toward the poi head).

Cool lookin move though! Just hurts learning it... I keep slamming them into the side of my head (especially in the ear for some reason ). I think that I am missing the outbeat from the move (as I am with many of the air wraps I'm trying to learn), so my strings either get tangled, or go wild when they hit and nail me in the head...

I will persevere and learn this move in... Mmmm... two weeks I'd say.