Forums > Social Chat > ..remember that first time?

Login/Join to Participate

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
oh my GOD i just spun fire for the first time. it was absolutely amazing.. and -loud-. lots louder than i'd thought it would be. i did the butterfly, alternating, overhead, mexican wave, figure 8 and 3 beat weave. i was surprised that i was comfortable enough to attempt all these the first time, but i came out unscaved! :)kinda helped that i wet myself down, tho. i smacked the back of my shoulders during the overhead butterfly, that mighta sucked otherwise. my spotter got some great pictures (yeah, not so safe..). ill post them soon, after i go get my victory ice cream :)better than sex, man.-------------------nee

-nee

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
i dont get as sweaty and stinky spinning fire. less hair in my mouth too. bwaha. wink

-nee

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
pics are up now if anyone cares, hit the photos section of notso.phuqed.org for a gander. its funny, the prettiest pictures are actually sloppy mistakes. happen often?-------------------nee

-nee

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
perhaps it's a joke I don't get,,,,, butthat URL didn't work for me.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Gabimember
3 posts

Posted:
That was amazing for your first time. I'm a newbie and have yet to light my chains. I'm going to very soon though I think my pictures will be limited to foward circles. How long have you been practicing and what kind of fuel were you using (inquiring minds would like to know)-Gabi

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Not bad, Courtnee! I'm impressed you were actually able to label the move you were doing in each pic. Often when I look at pics of myself or others, I'm scratching my head wondering "what move was that?" The photos also turned out very well, especially considering that was your bucketman doing the shooting.Yeah, pictures of mistakes often *do* look more interesting, because the fire-trails follow interesting paths. Transitions usually look interesting too, for the same reason. Most regular moves leave you with, well, circles.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

courtneemember
37 posts

Posted:
you guys are so sweet, thank you.. smileflash, you might have inadvertantly placed a 'u' after the q in notso.phuqed.org. lots of people do that.. gabi, ive been spinning since july.. but only really started taking off when i got my practice poi a few weeks ago. before then i only had my (unlit) fire poi, and well.. they hurt when i beaned myself. smile i used ultra pure lamp oil but plan on trying kerosene once i dont feel the need to wet myself down before spinning.adam, some of the pics i did have to look at a little to figure out what i was doing.. but i know very few moves, and usually there were only one or two possibilities. the one labeled as an alternate butterfly may well have been a mexican wave, but i judged from the fact that my right arm wasnt on its way back behind my shoulder.also, i went out again last night and added those pictures, so some are from my first time spinning fire and some are from my second. just to be accurate. smile

-nee

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
courtnee - was able to get to your website!! I was putting www. before it and it didn't like it one bit.all good now though.I was *really* impressed with your make-up. My fire troupe is wanting to start getting into that sort of thing for our performances - make it more theatrical than freestyle. I'm just wondering if you have any resources (or any more fanstatic pics) that you can offer me. If so, please email me. sair_steve@yahoo.commerci beaucoup!flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Funny. The website doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Damn this time travel.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I thought Kyrian would've jumped on this thread. It mentions two of her fave subjects.

Meh