Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Wraps apon wraps apon wraps

Login/Join to Participate

Zillamember
3 posts

Posted:
how cool are wraps really? i have been spinning glow sticks for a year and a half and i always improve everytime i pick them up. i can wrap forearms either with the swing heading upwards or with the swing goin down both arms, swinging my arms behind the back to wrap the opposite side, my ancles with a kick or with a toe tap to the back and around my ancles, my latest two moves i combine the foward kick with a heel kick with the opposite foot on the rebound this can be continued and made into a spining move 180 or twice fluently to do a 360. the next leg wraps are kind of my way of a crazy legs bboy move with glow sticks. swinging each in opposite directions wrap about mid shin both at the same timethen cross your arms across your body you got to be squating and counter wrap the other side this can be made as stylish as you want the more steps you put in with your feet but the basic motion of the glowsticks remains the same not too difficult but it adds some style and the fancier your feet the more intricate wrapping you can do

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I only really wrap as a transition between butterflies and weaves. I'm not mad about them to be honest, I think they're pretty easy too many of 'em breaks the flow a bit too much. Each to they're own though...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
ah yes, been doin those wraps for a while, cross the arms, but I wrap behind each knee when I do it, it provides a more horizontal plane..to each his own tho eh..One that's up on the playlists for me too is a bfly wrap, r bicep n left leg, also a stall from f bfly that comes behind n wraps both on the right ankle

[ 03. April 2003, 00:31: Message edited by: musashii ]

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

1,148 posts

Posted:
also, dunno which bboy move you're talkin about, but here's an idea for a liqwid combo wrap..go into a btl bfly from f bly, and let the chains start to wrap..then pull the move where your lower half of your torso turns around first, then your upper half..Should unwrap the poi back out into reverse bfly..need a pair of poi around here to try this out

Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

Zillamember
3 posts

Posted:
crazy legs is the hand and legs in crab possition and you basically spin and run around yourself if you're balanced enough to do it with out your hands you can incorporate the poi i dunno about fire but at least for clubbin.

1,148 posts

Posted:
u mean the six step?? prolly not, but I dunno what the crab position es

Ars Pyronomica

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
i have yet ANOTHER new wrap for everybody basically when spinning butterflies (any direction)with one circle in front and one behind wrap around triceps both at the SAME TIME so both poi change direction you can bounce from one way to the other keeping your arms rigid looks like a robot.. or not:)

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
My favorite wrap is one I've dubbed the "Hannibal Lecter Wrap" Right poi comes over the right shoulder, under the left armpit and onto your chest. Named so because:
1. It's crazy and psychpathic
2. If you mess it up you'll either eat the head of your poi or wish you were wearing the face muzzle to take the blow.

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

tenticleenthusiast
275 posts

Posted:
My favorite wrap at the moment is to lift up my left leg and wrap the left poi on my foot, and the right poi under my left leg and up onto my left shoulder... looks like a yin-yang symbol when done with electroglos (two different colours...)
Or instead of letting the left poi wrap on my foot, don't wrap it at all, let the right one wrap on your left shoulder, stand on the other leg, cross both poi over and wrap the left poi under you leg onto your right shoulder.
Or, twist your hands to go into a 5bt fwd weave, and instead of crossing over, wrap the last beat on you bicep, unwrap your hands (from what turns out to be the first beat of a 5bt butterfly weave) and just before you'd pass the 5bt butterfly over, wrap the same poi on your bicep again, and then finish off in a normal 5bt. Or pass the butterfly over and turn 180 degrees, and wrap the other poi instead, and you still come out into a fwd 5bt...

Wraps is fun.

--Ben

iopmember
35 posts

Posted:
you have just described a knot!

well i found all these wraps where i can do round house style kicks and put one poi further forward than the other and wrap them both of my leg

or

lets say its the left leg your wrapping around(from forward butter) wrap the left poi on the left leg and the right poi over your right arm

then you get another wrap

i think i'll call them ninja wraps

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you!

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
Dude, i love that "Hannibal Lecter Wrap" but i prefer the btb b-fly one where they cross up and go over your sholders (opposite) and just sit on your chest, (split sec) before u pull them off.

The 9+bt btb reverse weave wraps are insane. Especially if u pull them out then into bth and then hyperloop bth.

I also love the 5 bt btb reverse weave wrap when they come out rightside and over your right arm swing down & hit your inside arm before bouncing back out.

Thoses ninja wraps are pretty cool if u can reverse weave btl (between the legs) while doing a spining kick and then wrap.

Its all just smoke and mirrors