Glablo Panmember
4 posts

Posted:
Just a quick question about butterflies. Wait, don't leave! Ok normal forward b-fly, left hand "leading" or on the bottom. The variation of this is to do it split time. But, what would you call it if you started with your left hand "leading" and slowly went to split time and on to your right hand leading. And on to the left. And on to the right...? The idea is that the poi never settle into a state of opposition(normal bfly or split time). I know this is NOT a difficult move. I just thought there should be a name for it as a distinct variation of bfly. Any ideas???

thanks for taking the time to read this.

Al safar zafarvoyaging is victory

Glablo Panmember
4 posts

Posted:
I should have mentioned that I call this concept " circular timing ". It also applies to figure 8's(cross overs?) In that you can start with both poi on one side, left leading (in synch or 0 degrees apart). Then slowly transition to figure 8's(180 degrees apart). On to right hand leading, both poi on same side(again 0 degrees apart).

Glablo Panmember
4 posts

Posted:
And further more, this concept links "chasing the sun" to the "windmill" as distinct phases of the same move. It applies to many other moves as well.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
can't answer your question sorry dude... But I didn't want you to feel ignored. so HI!

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
In same time its "thread the needle" (TTN). In split time i guess its just "split time thread the needle"