Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
ok im sorry if this has already been coverd wich im shure it has, but i used the search and i didnt find much on it that was helpfull. basicaly what im wondering about this is, is this move possible or am i reading other posts that briefly mention it wrong??? if it is posible would someone please explane how to do it cuz im lost.

one more thing, i do not understand this fountain thing either but am very interested to learn it. if any one can elaborate on the subject that would be great.

thanx a lot

*runs around the room and gives out hand fulls of PLUR*

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
okay, first ya learn backwards weave btb.
then ya learn forwards weave btb.

now start goin forwards btb and as your hands cross from say the right to the left, turn to your right (back towards the poi) and carry on into backwards weave btb.

sorted. then ya learn it 5 beat instead (not that i can yet!)

fountains? don't ask. i think its sort of forwards 3-beat to backwards 3-beat with a windmill taking you back again into forwards 3-beat. all in the wall plane mind.

according to recent reports, glass is gonna clear up this whole fountain debate when he next gets his 'big post' hat on. until then just be confused like the rest of us.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
or maybe i completely misread your post!

weave to btb weave - wehn i do it i split the poi (ie. one on either side of your body) for a beat - it looks fine i think and is pretty damn neat.

the fountain comments still stand.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
as far as i'm concerned the upper fountain is a transition - one beat of forwards weave (the right beat), then the left beat of forwards as one beat of the windmill then the next beat as the left hand beat of backwards weave, then back again. The lower fountain just being the transition between fourwards/backwards weave - right beat of forwards weave into left beat of forwards weave (which is also the right beat of backwards weave, into the left beat of backwards weave, then back. You can keep going round in circles too, not back and forth round 180 degrees, but you get pretty dizzy

Everyone with broadband loves pictures, here's a piccy of me doing what i think is upper fountain. If it's not, i wanna know the name cause it's pretty nifty.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
a fountain is what club swings cal a full fountain.
this was brought up in a post during the week.
wall plain move.... weaves have to be at 90 degrees to the sides of you to get the wall plain. you can take a forwads weave to a reverse weave without turning your body then flow up to a windmill, right but before taking a weave to the windmill you do a weave above your shoulders too then the windmill then another weave above your other shoulder then back to a weave at waist hight.
kinda weaves at five points to make a full fountain. you can also do a weave infront of you too to make it 6 points but thats then technical.
hard to explain in words you need video or some one that can do it to show you.
happy playing

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sage does that weave in front on col2, looks like a lower half of a 4 beat corkscrew, but waist wrap style.

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
ya i dont really understand in words like at all. over weave to windmill to right left straigt weave. kinda thing i dont get it. cant really visualize it at all. i need someone to poi with damn it.

thanx for trying
the pop

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Is there an efficent way to go from in front weaves to btb weaves without breaking for a beat?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC:
Is there an efficent way to go from in front weaves to btb weaves without breaking for a beat?
You can go from a forward weave to a forward btb weave fairly easily, hmmm, I don't think I miss a beat at all when I do that. As far as my forward btb weave is concerning, I'm still not sure I'm doing it right. I can't see if I have all the rotations or not, I try to do more but I may be stumbling into 5 beat territory. The joys of learning all by yourself