pinnymember
4 posts

Posted:
Try this and tell me if you have seen it before.
Just as things are going smoothly try speeding up, twist your head quickly to the left to duck the poi, bring your left wrist round too sharply causing the chain to wrap around your right wrist whilst getting locked in place by the other poi. Tear frantically at the finger loops while trying not to breathe in the stench of burning flesh...dive to the ground in an attempt to smother the swelling tempest of fire. Rise, flameless, but smokin' to a round of tumultuous applause........and have to smile!
Paul
Think I'll go and have a go at it now.......

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Amazing! A friend of mine did that just last night, except he didn't fall to the ground. Instead, he waited for his safety to put him out.

Then he calls to me, "Hey, Mike! I need your opinion on something." Hoboy...I recognize that tone of voice.

*sigh* "Tell me you don't need a medical opinion...please?"
(pause)
"I need a medical opinion. Does this look like a first or second-degree burn to you?"

Second-degree...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
sounds like one of those, "phantom moves", which you can pull off once when no-one is watching, and then never ever be able to do it again.

GRRRRRR I hate those ones

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
heh, usually when i drop to the ground its cause my poi have connected solidly with my testicles...

and this only seems to happen when people are watching...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Whiffle Squeek:
heh, usually when i drop to the ground its cause my poi have connected solidly with my testicles...

and this only seems to happen when people are watching...

That happened to one of my housemates. He grabbed my pois and decided to see what a bad-ass he was. Wasn't ten seconds when "POW!"

But what I found interesting was his reaction. Most men upon being hit in the balls, just stand there with this horrified look on their faces while they wait for it to start hurting...and then they fall flat over and curl up on the ground.

Drew didn't do this. He hollared and then started running in circles as if he were doing a victory lap before he collapsed and curled up into the fetal position.

I never saw it that way before...very strange.

-Mike

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGinny:
Drew didn't do this. He hollared and then started running in circles as if he were doing a victory lap before he collapsed and curled up into the fetal position.

I never saw it that way before...very strange.

(picks self up off floor from laughing)

That paints the funniest mental picture I have seen in a long time.

Thank you, Mike, you made my day.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Paddy, you weren't there. I guarantee it was even funnier at the time.

There were a good 25 people watching and it was one of those group laughs where people nearly pass out and when they finally regain their breath and settle down, someone else starts giggling again and soon everyone is laughing again.

Must have gone on for a good five minutes while Drew was curled up on the ground trying to make sure the boys were still there.

-Mike

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
This thread contains the word:

"Testicles"

That is the only reason I am bumping it.

Thankyou.

You may now go back to whatever you were doing before you thought anything useful was added to this thread, by me.

smile