Page:
SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
OK, like our lovely moderator has stated, I have been reading the same topics over and over (Sparkly Poi, glow vs. fire, colored flames, etc.) Not sure if this one has come up yet, but...has anyone ever gotten laid as a direct result of your poi/staff skills? Speaking as the typical guy, I've often heard and felt that good dance skills = good in bed. And I'm positive that there are several peeps on this board who have picked up staff/poi in order to impress a member of the opposite (or same, see I'm PC) sex. I humbly apologize if this has been covered b4, but let's hear some stories of victory...

Fear the evil monkey!

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
When she first started spinning fire Pele was very excited by it. And being her "whipping boy" I got to receive the benefits of this. grinSo I guess I didn't get some based on MY poi skills, but rather from HER poi skills.She's going to be really embarrased by this I'm sure. I hope she's not angered by it. *crack* "Sorry my mistress!" [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/shocked.gif">------------------[/image]Pyromorph - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
On your knees Whipping Boy!!!!Nope, not at all, you beat me to it...in fact. And it still does get my engines going, especially trailing, fire eating, breathing but I feel so anit-sexy covered in soot lines from trailing and with Kero breath, you know? That and a real good set leaves me tired ie: 4th of July Whipping Boy. I know there was a thread about getting dates from this, and if the girl says no just bonk her with the poi and drag her home, but none about sex. Should be though as this fire stuff is just damn sexy!!!! winkI like this topic...very randy. smile------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Only had one chick in my bed as a result of fire... thankfully nothning happened winkI definitely have had more attention as a result of fire. I do, actually, disagree with the dance analogy. There are quite a few people out there who can "walk the walk" but get intimidated when the time comes. (UG, BAD PUN.) I won't kiss and tell but I have been in several conversations to the extent of "Really? Because she seems like she would be..." I think that sometimes people have hangups when it comes to true intimacy. My experience has only been with women but I've heard it works both ways.I will, however, sleep with anyone who can show me how to do a 5 beat weave. "Behind the back" and you get the whole night... wink

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
5 beats? heck thats easy!behind the back now, thats the trick winkPere

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
5 beats should be free of charge, it's not that bad. Sign me up for joining in the btb thing though...it's kicking my butt, and the backs of my legs, and the back of my head.... wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
AND...if you think about it Mr. Mo, you had a guy in your bed too! tongue

Pele

Masayamember
6 posts

Posted:
I am now with my lovely boyfriend Pete as a direct result of showing him my skills at poi. He said that he always wanted to learn so I showed him a few things and here we are still together and learning/experiencing new things together still. Awwwwww Well at least it's a story about actually getting laid because of poi although I'm not sure about the title 'bumping uglies.'

xxx Masaya xxx

sandmanmember
65 posts

Posted:
Well this looks like an interesting topic that died a death. I'll just give it a little bump and see what happens shall I? winkIt's certainly true that twirling helps immensely in meeting people. And it's a great way to get to know someone as you instantly have something to talk about, something to share. Plus it's physical, and looks cool of course. No doubt about it, it's the pick-up tool extraordinaire!Of course, I only do it for the spiritual and health benefits. winkSeriously though, it did once help me get to know someone I'd fancied for *years*. And I mean literally YEARS. Someone I'd always found too intimidatingly beautiful to really speak to. One day at a party she saw me spinning some beaming poi to music and bingo! The ice was well and truly broken! A brief but very beautiful relationship followed as a direct result of making that connection. smileThank you poi!

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
Well I haven't lured anyone to my bed (as yet) but i have certainly found myself ready to die for a friend i had known for years when she started doing some staff stuff (technical term).CheersAPBP.S.This is for you Pele's whipping boy
Non-Https Image Link

Good on usGood on us all

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I had missed that topic last summer... I was in Grece at that time spinning fire on the beach...seducing hundreds and hundreds of men at night and then eating them alive...what ? why are you all running away form me like that, why ? winkSeriously, I did meet a whole lot of people through firedancing, got a few compliments,a few weirdos too but never went to bed with anyone as a direct result of that... do you think this is a bad sign ??? winkNYC, I think Bassman knows how to do the 5 beat BTB weave... I am still stuck with the 3 beat one , sorry winkSandman, I think your story is really nice and that reminded me of Kosmik Lunatic ... KL, what are the news with your princess ???oh, but that was love and we are talking sex here... is it just me who thinks one does not go with the other ?prude little hopeless romantic French frog... winkshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
You have to wonder...if someone is only attracted to you because of your talent, do you really want to waste your time? Conversely, spinning definately has it's sex appeal, but that sure wears off quickly if there is nothing behind it. I guess it's a good way to open doors that might not have been opened otherwise, but I think if you are using you talent just to get laid, you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Let's not get too big for our britches OK.

PlyflHartmember
7 posts

Posted:
i disagree with unregistered... i mean i feel for the most part - we become friends and lovers with the ppl that we have the most in common with. Poi is a turn on and if someone comes up to me because of that i don't think there'd be nothing in a realationship if one over occured :P"I'd rather be hated for something i am, than loved for something i'm not" *lixx*

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
That's OK cassandra, I don't need anybody else anymore, I can take care of the 5 beat by myself now. Er... wait, that doesn't sound right... I mean I can do it by myself. I mean... I just use my hands... play with myself.. no... practice alone... AHH! Loveless sex? Sexless love? Far too complicated a topic to post. I think they both have a place. Maybe not my cup of tea, but then again I'm a hopeless romantic as well. Though no one ever called me prude... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I started spinning about 1.5 years ago. In that time period, my romantic situation has improved dramatically. Coincidence?Actually, we perform (on an informal basis) semi-weekly at a local pub here, just for free beer and tips. One huge benifit is that people come up to meet us all the time. Great for the guys - we don't have to use stupid lines at the bar to meet women. Great for the girls because if some guy comes up to hit on them they don't like, she's got several fairly intimidating male friends to hide behind. And if a conversation is going nowhere, you can always duck out of it by saying your turn to spin is coming up and you have to get ready. If you are interested, you can always offer to teach them to spin. You really can't ask for a better setup.I do agree with unregistered to some degree though, in that you have to have something behind the fire and glow once it stops. People are attracted like moths to a flame, but to keep them around once the fuel burns out, you have to be charming too. Of course, they have to be charming as well if I'm going to stay interested.But giving a good performance gives people who might have been otherwise attracted, but perhaps too shy to approach you, a perfectly good excuse to introduce themselves. I've met a LOT more women as a result of spinning. I've also been approached by a lot of gay guys too - sorry, only women need apply! But I'm secure enough in my sexual preference to not be uncomfortable knowing another man is trying to hit on me, so it isn't a problem. And it usually leads to a good conversation regardless.So my answer to the original post is - HELL YES! I'm not going to give specific stories, but it totally helps with the opposite sex (or whatever sex you prefer I suppose). I've met several lovely women as a result of spinning. And regardless of whether or not we got romantic, I enjoy my friendships with all the ones I've kept in contact with - which supports PlyflHart's point in the post above. -v-

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Well, I have it kind of backwards - I never got laid thanks to my twirling abilities, but I did discover twirling because I wanted to get laid. My freshman year in college I had the most massive, paralyzing, bad-poetry-inducing crush on this beautiful senior who had learned fire staff when she studied abroad in Australia. I got to know her through one of my friends, and we hung out sometimes. One night at a party she and her best friend were outside spinning, and I was absolutely dumbstruck by how magnificent/sexy she was. Later on in the night, she let me try out her staff. And that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship... with fire. The girl graduated, and I never saw her again.*sigh* [This message has been edited by alleykat (edited 24 October 2001).]

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
the only way i could sex from poi is if I smakced my wife in the head with a glowstick and knocked her clean out...She thinks its cute, but not too terribly imnpressed"S"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Funny, that's not what she told me.[KIDDING! JOKE! OUCH! OK, let me go! C'mon dude, it was a joke! C'mon dude.. Akk! I... can't... breathe... AGGGGHHHHhhhkkkkthhh! Thud.]kidding.just kidding.(sheepish smile)(insert joke about my mom here)(insert joke about my lack of current girlfriend here)I love you superman!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

wulffmember
79 posts

Posted:
hmm.. actually yes and no.. i was twirling glowsticks and got asked by one of the audience to make out ... and it led from there but poi wasn't the only thing involved in it going anywhere, but it was a big factor as I probally wouldn't have attracted her attention otherwise....... well anyways.. I have definately met more people thanks to twirling... we'll see how it goes from here.wulff

wulff

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've been chatted up by 5 different women in the last month (and they're just the pretty ones i'm admitting to) solely on the strength of my staff spinning.If only they'd told me this at school! Could've saved myself 10 yrs of misery and heartache..... wink------------------C@ntus

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yesm it's true. Sometimes relationships blossom from something as simple as a common interest. But there are also many times wehn people are attracted to someone they have nothing in common with. All I am saying is there is the possibility of becoming dependent on your twirling skill to meer someone and this could result in a lot of meaningless sex with a lot of meaningless faces. If that is what you are looking for, good luck. And, if not, "it takes a lot more than fancy flying.""I'd rather be hated for something I am than loved for something I'm not"PlyflHart-I'm sure there is much more to love about you than your twirling.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I only said they chatted me up. I never said I slept with any of them.I only sleep with people that I'm in love with and with whom I have a deep understanding and trust. Which is why I haven't slept with anyone for over a year.Them's my rules and i'm sticking to them tongue(at least for now - who knows what'll happen tomorrow?)------------------C@ntus

Meh

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
fire does give an initial attraction, but its the person behind th efire that actually keeps them interested, or in this case gets them in bed. not that i know from experience... any ways,sometimes i also find people are intimidated by seeing me spin and will not approach me. that sucks, so i make sure to introduce my self to everyone i see after i spin.i am a fire slut...

anyone got a light?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
PozeeI'm intimidated by simply seeing you post. Never mind seeing you spin.... wink grin tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh

crispyxmember
53 posts

Posted:
I've been seeing a lot more action since I began doing fire both because of it exciting the girls watching and because I get more frisky after performing and I'm more likely to come on to them.

How is it ever possible to feel safe and secure in a world in which everyone dies?

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I would have to say that I, myself have been, in the past, turned on by sexy fire dancers. And then slept with them and then gone out with them. However.. having learnt myself now, I don't find it particularly out-of-the-ordinary-magnetizing if I see an attractive guy spinning fire. Unless he's awesome at it.. but then, I don't find it overwhelmingly appealing until I've spoken to him for quite a while before hand. Well.. I'd have to know them anyway. Perhaps in my younger and more foolish days it would have been different but some kind of wisdom has kicked in since then. So yes, I refuse to sleep with people because they are simply attracted to my fire spinning. I find amazing martial arts guys much insta-sexy than fire now... perhaps because I believe there's more skill involved in general... more maneuverability (sp?) if you know what I mean? Not meaning to sound too kerazee wink of course...Either that or a master sushi chef... that makes me sushi all day.. getting off track..[This message has been edited by splat (edited 24 October 2001).]

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
I have never experianced this. Granted that the whole time in my spinning career I have been in a sucessful and loving relationship. But I haven't really, that I can remember had anyone approach me after twirling or anything like that. I get more guys approaching me when I am just chilling out at a party or pub, then after I have twirled. I actually think they may find me more intimidating after they have seen me twirl then before. Although granted, I am nearly always spinning with Josh, so its unlikely that I get approached by guys.Well thats my 2 bobs worth smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
There is a huge difference between flirting, sex and love....not to mention all the gradients in between. Fire can open the door to flirting, which can lead to one of the other two, or luckily both. I don't think any relationship based solely on fire would ever work Unregistered, and I don't think it was really suggested. Personality is key in all things interpersonal.But if you are out for raw, unadulterated sex...I think glo/fire performing is a safe bet on getting it.Anyway, how about stalkers? Have any of you had stalkers because of your fire?Last faire I had one member of cast who seemed to ignore the fact that Whipping Boy was there, and I had a few guests who followed me around or propositioned me. It was eerie. Hey NYC....you mentioned the 5 beat but you never said whether or not the offer was still out there for someone to teach you btb.Maybe you and pozee can hook up, he can teach you behind your back while wrapping it up and you can experiment with staff trailing??? shocked tongue(just kidding...no really...no need to light those up guys...back, back I say!!) grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"Unadulterated", maybe. But "raw" just hurts the next day. Sorry Pele, the offer's expired. I haven't tried behind the back stuff yet, I'm still in my "learning wraps" phase but someday I'll get it.I do agree with you Pele, that Flirting, Sex and Love are quite different. The first one I dish for free, the later two require an in-depth, multi-tiered interview process.Send resume, references and $20 application fee to "NYC" care of HOP.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I can't realy say that its the only reason a girl would be EXTREAMLY atracted to a ruffin like myself, but I can tell you that some girls totaly think fire twirling is like SEXY.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i'm in on the backwards thing.. sort of...

*tiptoes aroudn and looks for boys listening to said story* coast clear.

ok, well, i was at this party. and this guy was really cute. really really cute. i don't hit on guys at parties taht often. but he was cute. and then, i was told to come outside and see "firedancing" I was very confused... it was soooo cool.... and it's the cute guy who's doing it.... so, i figure, topic of conversation, right? so i went up and talked to him afterwards but i was feeling sort of unworthy at that point, plus i figured a million girls have prolly done this, and now it look slike i just went "ooh, you spin fire" and well i was totally impressed but still. anyhow, shortly thereafter i saw a *cuter* (well, meybe not, but more my type y'know) guy and i thought to myself, self, if you get shy now and don't talk to this guy ur going to be very unhappy. and he was less intimidating cause he hadn't just been playing with fire...
i later foudn out that he spins too, but that's not relevant, or maybe it is, cause i never would have discovered this otherwise... why am i babling like this?
and just about flirting too really. 'tis fun though.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Page: