cursemember
3 posts

Posted:
I need more moves, but for glowsticks and help on what is the best length that the string should be in order for you not to get hit.

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
a good length is from about your armpit to your hand.. i prefer shorter though.. for moves you could look around in the lessons, search the forums, or ask someone you know in your area.. if you dont find anything.. just make some moves up smile

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
only moves that i can think of that are specifically for glowsticks, are the ones where you have a glowstick on each end of the string, different colors, and then you wrap and grab the other end, and in effect, change the colors of the glowsticks youre swining, someone in COL2 did it very well, cant remember who, but i had to basically go through it fram by frame to catch the switch, its very good looking...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
wow! i feel important WS. i did not think anyone would notice that. that is one of my favorite to do with glowsticks, but i also love quick wraps, and the one handed butterfly stuff seems to go a long way.if you want to find wraps, look up the definitive list of wraps that we all compiled...

anyone got a light?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I alredy saw that trick here loli never learn it cause its too expensive... i mean bying 4 glows???nah man

Dance like if noone were watching you

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay scrooge...

anyone got a light?

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
i buy my g-sticks bulk, in orders of 2 or 3 dozen from clubthings. here is the addy for their 6 inch sticks, which work very well for me. but never count on a color, because i have ordered green, the invoice has said white, and the sticks are blue. enough ramblin. clik the thingy. https://www.clubthings.com/product296.html

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
hahah pozze come on man!im saving money to go to USA! i wanna travel thats why i dont have lot of money for those kind of stuff;pim thinkin wich state go dunno...what state are you pozze i will like to watch you poing smilewell i maybe need a job:/ i wish i could get a job doing poi jeez that would be the best thing!... but sadly here they wont pay for it:/ i just have done a show i have get in free to nightclubs for doing the show and getting shit free but i wont get money like some ppl there that work that kinda sucks tongue[This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 10 January 2002).]

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
come to pennsylvania.. i feel so lonely here frown

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
yeah i guess i am kind of a scrooge too. i steal mine from work... (looks around to make sure noone reads this)well, if you want to come to california there are always plenty of parties. and maybe i could even get you to do a show with us sometime. my friends that i spin with are very nice and would probably love to have another persone doing fire or glowsticks.definately let me know if you plan on making it out here, we could have some real fun teaching some people stuff. and there are plenty of people here that are willing to learn, especially ladies.back on topic: like i said i love wraps, and those switches that i do, it is kind of cool to do a switch and the one that ends up spinning slam it on the ground to activate it...and this is also done with fire, just bringing it from large to small.

anyone got a light?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Well im planning this trip with some of my friends... we made an account on a bank and putting there money to get all there to USA tho...One of them said california was good for all of us but dunno there are other options they also want... i cant decide by myself is not just my money! hehbut umm im pretty much a photon dancer or glowstick dancer(/me love his turqueise photonsII) smileim not a fire dancer heh, fire is kinda cool but dunno i guess my mom would have a heart attack if she ever watch me doing this with fire lol...I would LOVE to meet ya guys really!! i will see i will tell me california california hahaha to see if i can get there smile Anyhow that will be in 3 years... we got that calculate and eveything tho... well i will say later when we decide where to go where im going and yes i will like to know if the place im going there are poi dancers!!! hell yeah! smile [This message has been edited by NightShade1 (edited 10 January 2002).]

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
hey pozee, i just noticed that you are not that far from me. i live in fresno and trying to find peeps that string out here is like trying to find blood in a rock. i moved ou here from vegas and love the glowstick string shit. as for the colorchanges, it looks tight but few ppl that i've seen try it can't pull it off. i anchor my strings to my hands so no chance of me do that. keepme posted on shows poppin in ur area, maybe i can come down and groove out.

email:
enoch69351@aol.com

as for more glowstick moves curse. i found that if you can learn and master most every stall, wrap, then you can not only incorporate them in your routines but also make a routine out of them. for a new move try doin the butterfly from side to side like a weave. if you want an explanation of it check out signature moves on this site.

[ 09 April 2002, 10:05: Message edited by: casper ]

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
*grins sheepishly*
My first plug. Thanx Casper. You could also check out the thread butterfly stuff.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Stalls and wraps are fun:D Though I'm not terribly skilled at them. I still havn't gotten the rapid arm wraps down, where you just go back and force doing wraps around your arms in quite succesion. But leg wraps are starting to click.

Oh yeah, redragonx, I checked out the link and that would be a cool deal had they not been only 4-5 hour glowsticks:( That would suck for an all night 12 hour party.

breakerBRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
the rapid arm stalls can be a bit of a challenge to nail properly. abit of advice, when trying to get them start slow until you can continue from one into the next without hang-ups and slowly increase ur speed.

"our love withers here and dies
the story had to end in blood"

"You will not feel pain near the end, my dear
Your memory shall remain with me
As I weep upon your grave
My love...

My love..."