Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Well, I thought of this, but haven't tried it yet (I'm ill, and it's raining SO hard outside frown ) Do a 3-beat weave. Right then, the "wheel" bit it travelling from right to left to right to left etc, across your body. Say that it's on your right. As you go to move it to your left, move your body to the right, so that the "wheel" stays in the same place (as viewed by the audience). Then, when you move it back to the right, jump left!The idea is that the pois stay revolving where they are, so it looks kinda like a big spinning wheel, and you jump left to right through it.....any-one get that?Sorry if I haven't made myself clear, but my descriptive skills are somewhat lacking! smile Some-one please try this, and tell me if it works or not smileHappy Swinging,Tim /|\
Non-Https Image Link
psI just thought: this might also work with the side to side butterfly thing....[This message has been edited by Timmy (edited 05 February 2001).]

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hey Tim...well i tried it and it's possible; i don't know how good it looks though since the audience will see someone jumping left and right all the time (you have to change sides quite fast) ; i think it looks better with the 5-beat weave since you have a bit more time to change sides!!! i think it will look good if you don't do it for a long time; perhaps if you have the 'wheel' going and use this trick to pass to the other side and then continue with other moves...get well soon man (i am a bit ill myself now frown),Simos

Timmymember
45 posts

Posted:
Yeah,I just tried it myself actually (the rain stopped, and I'm dosed up on Lemsip smile) You're right Simos, it does work better with a 5 beat weave, but you still feel kinda silly, don't you? winkAnyway, it was just an idea.....Happy (if slightly unwell) swinging,Tim /|\