Page:
BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
At first I thought I was just having an off day....then it was an off week, but now I'm just feeling odd!!!

I can't put my finger on what's wrong with me!

Right now life is going really well, in fact it's going better than well because some of my dreams seem to be coming true. I'm moving to a new Palace with Princess Hels at the weekend I've got Lord Tom coming to stay next week and I'm heading to Australia in Jan/Feb

But all these good things haven't taken away the empty feeling I have inside I feel confused and frustrated.
I'm not normally a down kind of person.

Perhaps I need some kind of pick me up? But what???

Has / is anyone else going / been though a period like this?

Do you have any advise for a lost BamBam that desperate to stop feeling like this ?

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Wibblemember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi BamBam

I met you for the first time yesterday and I thought you were GREAT. Thank you so much for your help with come cool new moves and even making yourself sick dizzy demonstrating the 5-beat for me (wow - human poi! )

Really sorry to hear you've been feeling sad and a bit detatched. Hope this doesn't sound to weird coming form an (almost) complete stranger, but I've been there too, big time . If you need a chat with someone who knows what you're going through, but still an outsider in your life (new perspective maybe on stuff you're too close too, that kind of thing)...

I find doing anything that releases a fast hit of seratonin works well in the short term (chocolate, sex, poi, laughter, even a good hard cry), but in the long run nothing beats loving people that love you back . That's what connects us together, otherwise everyone would feel like they're behind glass all the time.

I really hope your mood picks up soon.

Damnationmember
4 posts

Posted:
bams i don't even know u, but it sounds like london blues, the cities so fast it can sometimes feel disconnected or like theres never anytime for all the important shit we need 2 sort out (personal conclusions only) there's loads of peeps looking out 4 ya and why not take up offer of that trip to scotland, and even if u emotions/perspectives don't change at least u get away and have a good time.

hope things improve cause it sounds like u truely deserve a brake man.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Bammer... pls check your pms darling!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
BUMP
im worried about you

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
hey bammers, i personally sugest the following:

get off the pill or any hormonal anti-pregency thingy
(me and gf just hada huge arguement a week ago and now shes off them shes bak to her normal self! YAY! results are that quick!)

sit on the top floor of any bus, and pull faces at all who look up at you

visit rathergood.com

spin

write a poem

relax, stop stressing bout the house and get some mushroom tea down you, find hels, chain her to the sofa and watch a george clooney movie.

beat up a punchbag

come find me for a BIG hug

take care babe

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dyke Boy (formerly Lesbian Lover):
relax, stop stressing bout the house and get some mushroom tea down you, find hels, chain her to the sofa and watch a george clooney movie
I would love to have a girly night, in the new palace with you babe. Pink wine, soppy films and a chance to have a really good natter. Sounds perfect to me!

How does one night next week grab you?

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Kiwi Gmember
3 posts

Posted:
I've had a similar thing just lately, I had a simple list of things I was going to do and achieve and after I achieved the first few I felt flat. I think it was because they came too easy, I had set myself goals that were well within my comfort level and didn't test me at all what I needed was to set myself higher/harder goals. if moving and organising a holiday were big goals and they seemed easy to reach perhaps it forms part of your trouble too.

I recomended pushing your boundries a little further, add something to the Australia goal like 'I will Ride a Camel at sunset on Cable Beach in Broome', or 'I will dive the great barrier reef' but also start planning your next big thing after that before you get there, otherwise you'll get all you want and may still feel flat.

The only way to keep growing as a person is to push the boundries of your comfort zone.

b.t.w Kava is a very popular drink in Fiji also, they use it in a lot of ceremonies and rituals. Its well worth having a night on the stuff with a bunch of mates if you get the chance, any good herbalist should be able to sort you out.

Hope theres something useful here for you BamBam.
G

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Aye, it's an odd one.

I think I may be going through a similar period as well: lots of really wicked stuff going on (painting, meeting all the HOP people, painting me old ambulance Glow-In-The-Dark) and when I'm involved in that I get really excited and happy, but when it stops, like in the evening, I sometimes feel real flat and uninvolved. And sometimes when it's all going on, I sort of feel "well, this is cool," but I'm not as into it as I should be.

Hm. Do those symptoms seem similar to yours? Perhaps we just need a big quest that takes up all of our time, or a cause to struggle for or something. Or maybe not. I'm going to prescribe myself a beer and a smoke. Care to join me?

[ 08. November 2003, 12:04: Message edited by: joe_sixsteps ]

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

twirlywhirlyfiregirlie (nancy)member
78 posts

Posted:
lisa i love you that is all u know i do call me

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have just the thing: OK, everyone reading this who lives within an hour's traveling distance of Bammers or who sees her on a somewhat regular basis owes her one nice, long hug. Back and foot massages get you extra brownie points.

Might not fix the problem, but it can't hurt...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
good thinking...

wheres the baby lotion.....

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

IcarusGOLD Member
165 posts

Posted:
I actually logged on tonight cause i was having a shite day myself and was having one of those Can't Work Anything Through in my Mind, nights. This was even more disturbing cause i thought i was getting over a low period. A time in life when you sort of feel numb and tired, or just detached from others and the world. confused
I spent about two years locked in the bedroom of a share house, seeing no one and only leaving to go to the toilet or to acquire the drugs i spent my days experimenting with... no more details, but it got messy. ubbrollsmile rolleyes
Generally i am a very happy energetic person, so one of the reasons today's mood upset me so much is cause i am always conscious of the possibility of 'relapse'. My current mood definitely has a cause (dealing with the sickness of a v good friend), but it is even harder when the flat feeling seems to have no cause. Generally I think it actually does. If it isn’t, as [Nx?] says, just caused from using up all of your serotonin, which generally takes me anywhere from 1-5 weeks to recover from, then I think you need to look for a cause.
I really do think that there is a lot more going on in our own minds then we realize unless we actively try to reach it. Cliché, but you may need to talk to someone. I defiantly recommend relaxing and just letting it out, almost unconsciously. There are a lot of free services, or just write it down, or say it aloud if you really don’t wont to see anyone. This actually works almost as well. Even if you are just feeling flat, if it has taken up more then a month of your life, then you have to actively fix it! For the first few weeks when I am feeling crap I spend a lot of time listening to massive attack and thievery corporation, meditating, lying under the biggest tree I can find, and strolling around trying to connect with the world again rather then solely living with my own thoughts (and of course spinning!). ‘People watch’. Much as I hate the thoughtlessness of people, I love the vulnerability and humanity of individual people, particularly if they don’t know you are watching them. Sit in a mall or on public transport (I am normal, I promise! ubbloco ubbangel ).
I am sort of assuming that you will have righted yourself by now, since you would have commenced your hols. And I don’t know you (although if you are in Oz and visiting North Queensland…) so sorry if I sound pretensious. Sounds like you have an amazing group of friends, spend time with them and I am sure you will find your way out. Hopefully time and seeing how many people here love and care for you, has helped you get back some equilibrium.
If it help, people all around the world have been sending you happy thoughts! biggrin

wave hug hug hug hug beerchug kiss

... simplify ...

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
1) Sorry I missed this post the first time. Bad Me!

2) Do keep in mind that this post is 4 months old. Are you still feeling this way Ms. Bam? I hope this thread has become obsolete. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Okay i thought i'd bump this thread up cause im feeling well a bit odd myself.

Life is a bit like groundhog day i guess.
And it's majorly depressing me
Im asking myself who am i
Feeling well forgotton
Not going anything i want i havn't had a fire toy play for 6 months
Work is driving me up the wall and im feeling like im not getting anywhere.

Im feeling like theres no change in my life ever

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Lillie Frognot a stranger
558 posts

Posted:
Big hugs, loads of them.
hug hug hug hug hug

Some rollsmile things
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

And some happy bouncy things
bounce bounce2 bounce

Hope you feel better soon.
Life's a bitch, but it don't last forever.

Eat when you're hungry
Sleep where it's dry
No one is ever what they seem
Gabriel King - The Wild Road

bairie fenlord high king of swingers *(now defunct)**(but will rise again ! !)*
165 posts

Posted:
OI Bammage ! I know how old this thread is and that you probably won't see it for a while, but from the other side of the world I'd just like `to say that you rock girly girl !
From meeting you at the viaduct with the knoxious one (he still owes me 50 quid for teaching you that move in record time !) to crying my eyes out as I said good bye for now to you and the coleman, I have to come to the conclusion that you are ace, loving, bueatifull, wonderfull and a top person in general.
DO NOT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND YOU DOWN !
WORK LESS ! WORRY LESS ! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF !
I know you bam and you can do anything in the realms of imagination, sod this depression malarky and have it baby as hard and in exactly the way you want !
I wish I could be there to give you a hug, I suppose you'll just have to have one of these e hug thingys !!!!!!! HUG!!!!!!!
Ruby Rose sends all her love and laughs at you because she thinks your funny ! (hey she's only four months old!)
drop me a pm when you get this suga.
xxxxx
da bairie fen !

fly fairies, fly high, fly wide and take no prisoners !!!!!!

Page: