Page: ...
theyellowbrickroadmember
12 posts

Posted:
Does anyone else find that watching someone of the opposite sex twirling poi (very well) and dancing incredibly erotic?

Being male i can confirm that even my friends who don't spin usually have a open jaw when a female spins!

But, i've found that most of my female friends find watching a man twirl a staff more erotic! (so natually i have just started to learn staff)

Any thoughts (apart from that)

EaT MorE BanAnAs, DrinK MoRe CIder, HaVe LESS sLEEp

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
im bi...im happy either way! but then again im normally too busy dissecting the moves and transistions to think about it.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:

I think that you should have a bit more respect to the art of fire dancing. I wouldn't feel as comfortable spinning fire if I knew perverted men were oggling at me. It should be something EGO FREE where you can fly on the wings of freedom and not use it as a lusty tool for sexual attraction. I am outraged, and I think that secret sexual fantasies such as that should be kept to the individual and their romantic partner... cos I know now I am going to be alot more concious of how others are interperating my dancing. I am shocked to think that people that are in the fire scene would be disrespecting the element of fire to such a drastic extent.

MaskNmember
14 posts

Posted:
yes, my gf and i twirl with each other so it doesn't take long for us to get over it

--MaskN--

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
My knees have always turned to jelly when I watch some boys spin staff/double staff (staff struck some might say)

I did some poi gazing at Dom, Cole and Rob the other day though ohhh I love my life.

Corrr bring on the dancin boys

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I know that when me and Mr5 got together - he'd seen loads of people fire dance, as he put it, as he lives in Brighton and all.. - I got the impression that he thought it all a little erm gay (stupid and naff for want of better words) so I was a little nervous about spinning in front of him for the first time.. needless to say when I had finished I came back to where he was standing.. I didn't really know him that well back then - but now I know what that look in his eye meant.. tee hee hee.. shame we were camping in the middle of a field - I have a feeling that I wouldn't have had too much sleep that night if we were somewhere else

of course nowadays I'm a good 'wife' and don't perve over staffers AT ALL!!

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
my ex twirls staff....and when i used to watch him twirl...he was the hottest thing on the face of the earth! (not that he wasnt anyway! but his twirling just accentuated it)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Hey Fire Dancing Fairy, take it easy.

I get hit on by guys all the time after I spin in public - and I'm a guy (a heterosexual one at that). If it doesn't bother me (even when they scare off the female admirers), or make me self concious when I spin, I don't think it should bother you so much either. Just relax. It' not like you have to participate in their fantasies or anything. There is nothing wrong with people finding the way you move appealing. Go with it, not against it. It doesn't disrespect the fire for people to find the way you manipulate it to be enthralling.

For my part, I love watching women spin. It brings out their inherent grace of form, which I find very appealing. There is nothing perverted in that. It's all very natural and captivating, just like the flames. The two together are shear joy to behold.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Poi done well is god damn sexy. I’m lucky to know some really good poi-ers. So yeah when I watch the likes of Dom, Bluecat, Glass, Cole, Moohaahaa etc poi their ass off it really is quite “easy on the eye” *sigh* I hope y’all don’t mind us watching ya like that?

But for me, I love it even more when you’re watching someone and they don’t realise they’re being watched cos they’re so wrapped up in what they’re doing especially when they have a cheeky little grin on their face cos they love it so much.

eer I think I’ve said too much!

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by fire dancing fairy:

I think that you should have a bit more respect to the art of fire dancing. ...it should be something EGO FREE

ooh.... dummies at dawn! I think Fire Dancing Fairy needs a Fairy Chill Pill.

Does this mean (Fire Dancing Fairy) you haven't looked at anyone, ever, doing anything at all, and thought that it was/looked sexy? And what the hell does it have to do with EGO? I just hope nobody hits on you when you're 'enjoying the beautiful art of drinking a beer or standing inline in the shop' or you'll never pull!!

I'm with VANIZE, you get hit on when your spinning (by ladeez and gents) and it's no problem. In fact what could be more flattering....they feel watching you spin is so beautiful they instantly get a little crush on you How sweet!!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i would like to state here and now after the last time i bought this thread up that

I AM A POI/STAFF/DOUBLES/DIABOLO/ PERVERT!

i love to watch a good spinner male or female spin for thire own enjoyment, with that lil smile on their face like Bam says to let you know they are happy and cought up in teh spin!

i prefer to watch ladys spin but when i see guys like PK, Onewheeldave, and other do it, in perfection, you cant help buy let ur gob hit the floor!

MMMMM sexy poi spinners

Later days guys

ps has anyone seen teh Kym Marsh pop vid in the uk, there is a guy doing diabolo in the background!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I just realised when I first fell in love with poi....it was watching a group of spinners at Glastonbury this year near the Stone Circle quite late in the evening. There was one girl who could wiggle and dance and strut and turn so well I was completely encapsulated!! She outshone her friends (not to put them down...but) and even my girlf thought she was wonderful.

The very next day I bought my first Poi and never looked back.....thanks mostly to the mystery lady with the wiggle that I never got to say hi too...I wonder who she is??

ah, sweet sweet memories

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
Yeah... I can see where you're comming from. But you never know what some people are thinknig, and I guess I've had some experiences in my past that have conditioned me to be concious of men watching me. I don't want to upset anyone... I just want to make people happy. But some people out there just take things too far and can be really creepy. I guess if I posted on this thread a year or so ago I would have happily agreed with the majority of you... but caution is important to me at this stage in my life.

I love dancing... I love moving my body and expressing myself through the beautiful blessing of the female form... I just guess self respect and respect from other people is something I'm contemplating alot about in my life at the moment.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
well, I am truely sory to hear that you ran into a situation that makes you sensitive to situations like that. But please try not to hold that against 50% of the population. Most guys really are good eggs, even if we do have to wipe the drool off our chins when lovelies such as you take the stage.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Custom Bug - what did she look like - it could easily be one of us

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
yep in total agreement!

men doing staff yum yum yum

and i know alot of guys that say girls doing poi is equally as yummy

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Well my memory is a little hazy (ahem) but I think she was short for a girl, (maybe 5'2" or so)and I think curly hair. Had quite a nice butt and a lovely little wiggle in her hips and was probably the only person really 'dancing' with her poi.
There was a group, I remember a tall thin guy who was also pretty good but you have to understand I can recall very little this long after Glasto.

We also saw the same group near the big trees at the top during the afternoon (maybe Sunday?) and thoroughly enjoyed watching/learning.

Does that ring any bells?

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I agree that watching someone of the attracting sex spin is sexy. However, I think it's just an extension of the fact that watching someone attractive do something they love, and do it well, is always sexy - no matter what it is that they do.

E pluribus unum, baby.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
and anyone who unicycles is dead sexy as well.... although i am somewhat biased on the issue....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
quote:

I think that you should have a bit more respect to the art of fire dancing. I wouldn't feel as comfortable spinning fire if I knew perverted men were oggling at me. It should be something EGO FREE where you can fly on the wings of freedom and not use it as a lusty tool for sexual attraction. I am outraged, and I think that secret sexual fantasies such as that should be kept to the individual and their romantic partner... cos I know now I am going to be alot more concious of how others are interperating my dancing. I am shocked to think that people that are in the fire scene would be disrespecting the element of fire to such a drastic extent.

I don't think it's an ogling thing, i think it's a beautiful thing, that you can admire someone's dancing and find it sexy - it's just another way of appreciating ourselves and celebrating our bodies!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
but then what is the difference between an ogle and an admire?
if someone admires you and thinks you are beutiful while you do your hobby then that should surely be ok.
i guess ugly people ogle but nice people admire.
i dont think about it just go dance who cares whos watching.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
I believe that some people are forgetting that erotic does not mean perverted.
Look at it like this:
An erotic painting is something different than a beaver-shot(to put it bluntly).
And a woman doing poi can be pretty amazing.
She can twist her body around the fire, do incredible things with two fireballs on a chain.

THe movement makes you feel warm, she captures you in a trance of fire and beautifull sea-like movements. It all just fits together.
At that moment you realise, woman are devine, fire is divine.... *mumbles away*

But!!!!!
That does not mean that the man who gets fascinated oogles at you!
He thinks you are beutifull without a perverted side thought.
Not all men are beasts you know
Like not all love is sex, remember that.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
fire dancing fairy - Don't assume that just because a guy looks at you and sees you as erotic means that he doesn't respect you and what you're doing. Humans are sexual creatures, and I am thankful for that.

Watching other people dancing and spinning makes me happy, and some people out there are sexy as hell when spinning (right back at ya Bam & Hels!). Although I truly think that I enjoy watching girls spin more than a lot of guys because girls dance and have more of a defined style, and that's what I appreciate most.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Custom Bug - he he he.. sounded a bit like me till the 5" 2' bit (she didn't have red hair did she?)
.. not that I am as good as your description.. that doens't ring any bells.. I was a little erm.. fall over Daisy as it's my birthday at Glastas.. did have my poi out quite alot in the stome circle tho.. but as you remember - there were 100's of us there..

nice maybe one day that girlie will see this post and realise how much you appriciated her..

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
I've had some experiences in my past that have conditioned me to be concious of men watching me. I don't want to upset anyone
Hope everything is better for you now and the assh*le that made you feel like this is gone from your life

Fire Fairy

See some of us can be nice...sometimes!!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix*:
Custom Bug - he he he.. sounded a bit like me till the 5" 2' bit (she didn't have red hair did she?) nice maybe one day that girlie will see this post and realise how much you appriciated her..
I could be wrong about the height thing, I am 6'4" so everyone seems a bit small! But I spent most of my time sitting on my bottom rather intoxicated so she could have been 7 foot tall for all I know! Her hair was dark so could have been red I guess but it all looks the same in my hazy rose tinted memories!!

Were you spinning fire by night or non-fire by day?

I hope she does read this, I'd like to meet her to say thanks and show my appreciation. I've even started to dance while I spin now too

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I love watching people spin, guys and girls! Its so nice to just sit there and watch people manipulate fire. I love it when people watch me, whatever theyre thinking doesnt matter, im creating a reaction in someone and thats all that counts in my opinion. To have someone go away from a performance with that memory is the best feeling.

Fire Dancing Fairy - You must look at guys and think 'wow hes gorgeous' or if theyre spinning, 'wow hes sexy', everyone does! Does that mean you are perverted? Or is it just guys who are?
Not really very fair...

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i like watching females spin...cos all their inney and outey bits `wiggle' and i like it when that happens...

then again...i am just an over-horny 18 year old...constantly on freshers week...

hhmmmmmm...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Ahh yes, there was this one young woman. She was increadible to begin with... even in baggy cammies she looked hot(I have only seen three women in my 3+ years in the Corps that looked good in cammies). Then I saw her spin and I just about fell over! She had a perfect body, her eyes reflected the flames like mirrors. I dunno I think women look hot especially when illuminated by firelight.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
i add my seal of approval to the sexy bit about spinning- and how are you not going to respect someone twirling two balls of flame around their head!!!

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

KristieEBmember
108 posts

Posted:
mmmmm
oh my oh my oh my yes

people are sexy when they spin (or do anything to express themselves). body movement, the fireglow, concentration, skill, the flow, and yes that little smile ... dead sexy.

dead, dead sexy.

and i say that in the most respectful, admiring, trying-to-keep-my-tongue-off-the-floor way

spinning with someone you are attracted to is quite a dangerous thing ... can lead to all kinds of nice places.

edited to add the fireglow part

Page: ...