NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I found it interesting that there were no 9/11 posts. I was sort of waiting, not wanting to start one... but I guess I just did.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
whilst indeed interesting.. what did you want people to say? "isn't it awful?" "we must never forget?" something about the state of the world today? everyone knows about it, and whether we like it or not it happened... but then again, so do millions of other atrocities every minute of every hour of every day.... quarter to 9 in the morning the the 11th of september 2001 was just more public then the others....

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
There was this one, although I do agree it seemed to pass relatively quietly here on HOP.
Maybe a reflection that people are moving on (or at least trying to).

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was just curious. And I don't think that a million attrocities happen every minute of every day. In fact, that was the 2nd most americans to be killed in a single day since the formation of the country. It certainly had an effect on other countries around the world. It was the most imortant day in history to anyone under a certain age and has radically changed the world in which many of us live in.

I'm not whining about it, I just thought it was odd.

And the other post was moved to 'war topics'... which is odd for me. I know it's illogical but I don't think of the WTC attack as a political issue. I know it is and was intended to be. It's just a day when a bunch of people from my neighborhood died. Our school put emphasis on 'having a normal day and not mentioning the anniversary.' Even the mayor gave a "get over it and move on" speech to those that lost family members.

I can't quite get passed the 3000 who couldn't get down and the 343 guys going up. But that's just me.

{Again, not whining and understand I'm in the minority}

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Moving on and getting on with life is totally different to forgetting! I am certain that all those who suffered on that terrible day will never be forgotten, I know i will always remember those events!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."