Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
okay, i was just watching the 'lonely planet' programme on discovery, an the lil traveler guy when to memphis. nehoo they filmed the candle light memorial on the anniversary of Elvis's death. there were more than 8000 people there!all crying and hugging eachother.
so my question is why do people idolise famous individuals?
i would be able to understand it if they knew the person or if the person had helped alot of people,charity, etc. its just always been something that has puzzled me

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

*Jesika*member
2 posts

Posted:
well, elvis was differnt. he went outside of his comfort zone and sang a style of music that white people wouldn't sing (at that point in time). there is also so much media coverage on pop stars and such that the audience eventually feels like they actually know these people as if they were living next door or something. i don't know. he's da king! ha ha.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i love that song "always on my mind"
isnt that an elvi song? in response to the question i dont get it either. if someone does things i enjoy i might miss that aspect of them and it might make me a bit sad when i first hear of it but i definately wouldnt trip out about it especially not years later. i think some people just love drama

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
true true but to still be freakin out about today i think is a bit extreme. i mean we still have his music. you can still enjoy it and benefit from it. its not like these people are used to getting up every day and seeing and speaking with elvis. there just used to his music. i dont know.
good point though

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night