Forums > Social Chat > "I'm not in love with you!" (A silly insignificant rant)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I will be the first to admit that this is a silly little insignificant rant but it’s cracked me up so many times that I thought I’d throw it to the board.

{In fact, upon rereading this post I realize that it’s utterly inane. I know I try to usually post quality posts but this one is a bit weak frankly. If you’re really bored at work or stuck sick at home, read on… otherwise spend your time elsewhere. Hey, I’m being honest. }

This has happened many times and lately it seems to be becoming an epidemic. I’ll be sitting somewhere or in a group of friends (and this has actually happened in many different areas of my life) when some woman will walk up to me, pull me aside and give me the speech. Something like “I’m sorry but I’m really not interested” or “I just don’t think I’m ready for a relationship right now” or “I just don’t think it would work out between us”…

But here’s the kicker: It’s always some girl I have ABSOLUTELY NO interest in. I mean if you picked the girl at the party who I’d be the LEAST interested in, she’s the one who’s going to pull me aside and give me the speech.

So then I’m left with a few choices:
1) Politely try to explain that I wasn’t interested in the first place. Strangely, this usually ends up in an argument with her trying to convince me that I actually WAS interested despite what I may or may not have thought. This is extra funny as the girl is both trying to convince me that I am completely in love with her while explaining that she isn’t interested.

I’ve tried this one so many times that I then started giving up and going with option 2.

2) Heck, what do I care. I say something like “oh darn” and move on. It’s a quicker exit and she feels like she got to break up with someone for free. It’s a lie, but it gets me out of the situation faster. I’ve gotten “You’re a really sweet guy and I’m sure you’ll meet someone wonderful who will love you back.” Ug…

But there’s got to be a better way.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I DO flirt. I have lots of close female friends. If one of THEM got mixed signals I’d certainly understand. I even spent lots of time playing with the lovely princesses throughout England and Scotland. If one of the lovelies that I had spent time, stayed with, even had tea with, got the wrong idea or rumors started I’d understand. But it’s always some RANDOMASS girl that I spoke to for like three minutes who I could NEVER be attracted to that’s decided that I’ve fallen helplessly in love with.

I guess in a way it offends me.

A) I’d like to think that I’m mature enough to express my feelings. If I like someone, I know that I’d be competent enough to make those feelings known and act on them. Does Randomass girl really think I’m so timid that I would only talk to her for 3 minutes if I really liked her? Wouldn’t I be trying to get phone numbers or arrange further contacts? Clearly she thinks I’m inept and is pitying me by letting me know of her lack of desire for her.

B) That’s SO egotistical! How full of yourself do you need to be to assume that I’m helplessly in love with you? Bah!

Like I said, it’s never the girls that I’m playfully flirting with. It’s never my friends whom I joke with. I’d UNDERSTAND that. That makes SENSE that they might get their signals crossed. But my high school best friends’ roommates’ ex-girlfriend whom I spoke to for like five minutes (actually true story of my most recent one)?! Gimme a break!

If I was interested in a girl, you’d know. Trust me.

See now I'll bet some of you are thinking "Gee, I'll bet this post is about me"... AHHHHH! The cycle never ends!!!! What was the Carly Simon song? "You're so vain... you probly think this post is about you."

So anyway, if there are any of you out there that I’ve never actually met but who are convinced that I’m madly in love with you... “I’m sorry, but you’re just my type of girl/guy.” And if you’re ever standing around somewhere and here the phrase “I think that guy from New York City has a crush on me”… feel free to giggle.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by lolli:
sorry no. im married, infected with seven unknown desieses, gay, pregnant with lizards and clinically dead

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by lolli:
sorry no. im married, infected with seven unknown desieses, gay, pregnant with lizards and clinically dead
I think I DATED that girl in High School!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
It's alway's worked for me cause i've usually received it from girls that are annoying rude or stuck up .

And i make them feel reel silly with those line's .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
ok so I go away for 10 days on a highly spiritual meditation retreat and come back to that and giggle so much...

First of all... hmmm thank you Lolli for pointing out the part of my post which meant the most to me about making sure friends get no wrong signals.

about matchmaking peeps... I know I did a poor job at EJC but man I was just trying vaguely while working hard on my poi dancing... give me some credit here... I can do a much better airwrap now than before the convention... yes you guys are single but oh well... such is life

I think indeed I have no idea what kind of girls would make you guys melt which in a way is kinda scary Re:NYC I thought I had proper training
But dom drew nyc and all I have tried to matchmake, it is just cause I love you guys so much and I think the girls who will catch your hearts are lucky and better be good to you...
maybe I love you too much and my MAMA thing going on I think 'ain t nobody good enough for ma boys"

From now on I shall refrain from matchmaking not because my abilities are that bad, I have in the past and not so long ago done some great magic to tell you the truth... but because matchmaking is simply wrong....

May you listen to your heart and share love with a beautiful princess when the time is right

And please welcome anyone , even the silly girl full of ego who gives the speech of I am not in love....
with a smile and compassion

MAN... that meditation retrat really was amazing
so much peace and light
shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Lolli > i meant that i am stealing NYC and will lock him in my room, and keep him forever!and NO ONE CAN STOP ME....YOU HEAR ME NO ONE!!!!!*EVIL LAUGH AND THUNDER*

Step (el-nombrie)

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
Hey, NYC, did any random girls in the UK approach you and explain that they're really not in love with you?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
"On the advice of my attorney, I decline to answer."

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by NYC:
"On the advice of my attorney, I decline to answer."
I advise you not to answer. (Says the law student.)

E pluribus unum, baby.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
cass,
quote:
From now on I shall refrain from matchmaking not because my abilities are that bad, I have in the past and not so long ago done some great magic to tell you the truth... but because matchmaking is simply wrong....

but cass, how many successes have you had? some attempted matches dont work sure, thats just life!
but if you have introduced two people who have ended up being soulmates for the rest of their lives, wouldnt that justify the effort?

so many people complain about loneliness and the inability to meet the perfect person - surely we need as many good souls working 'great magic' as possible!

take care all.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Oooo allien concept, alien concept....Well at least you got noticed enough to get a response I suppose.....but I still reckon it's one of your mates running up to these women and saying that you fancy them. (Especially if they've taken this view point without any real provocation)

What is it with girls that think you fancy them just because they're girls?

Hey lady get off the ego train and go buy yo'self a mirror.....

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by SmallBoy:
Hey lady get off the ego train and go buy yo'self a mirror.....
Yo... I'm gonna put that one in my back pocket, just in case. That's a good one. Thanks homie. If I need the big guns I'm bustin' out that quote.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

brainstormaBRONZE Member
old hand
1,184 posts

Posted:
nyc i so know what you mean

i am for ever getting into big deep am meaningful conversations with women about anthing and always get a strainge reaction that the only intrest i have is in the conversation

on sunday morningi was talking to this girl at the earthdance party i was at and getting realy invonved in the conversation when a friend of ours comes over and said to me to stop trying to pick up every girli meet at a party

this had me confused for a little while as to why my friends would think that all i do is go to psy trance partys to pick up radom girls. yes sometimes these conversations get more involved than just the conversation but there was mo premeditated nothion of this to happen

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, and screaming "WOO-HOO What a ride!"

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
In light of recent events I find it necessary after 6 months to, upon consultation with my attorney, preemptively....

BUMP!!!! biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
A story to tell perhaps?

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yeah, I was kinda wondering that myself...

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I'm waiting for the story.......

*chuckles*

Oh, and NYC..... I'm really not interested..... tongue
*supergrin*

Thx for catching that edit btw on my webpage, i thought i got all those!!!!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Oh, and NYC..... I'm really not interested..... tongue
*supergrin*

That's a lie. wink Spoken for-maybe. Unavailable-perhaps. Unattracted-probable. But not even a little bit interested.... now I know you're lying. biggrin

Sorry kids, can't share the story. Just had to keep this closer to the top of the list. In case. You know how we do.

Though there are about 13 people that now think I'm talking about them. Which maybe even is more fun...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
carry around a form letter with you and a pen to put the name in. it could go something like,

dear (name)

i'm sorry you appear to have the wrong end of the stick. I'm not interested in you, have never been interested in you, and, as you aren't interested in me i don't see any future for the two of us.

But cheer up! you got to dump someone for free, and i'm sure you'll eventaully meet someone who really does fancy you, and you have now had ample practice in letting them down gently. Something fo your CV maybe?

well, have a lovely day and i probably won't see you around.

Bye!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
Quote:

That's a lie. Spoken for-maybe.

Yup
Quote:

Unavailable-perhaps.

yup
Quote:

Unattracted-probable.

n/a, as i have not so much as seen a picture of your little hiding hide.
Quote:

But not even a little bit interested.... now I know you're lying.

Except, i've not been interested in any guys lately. Well, i mean, except my current flame *supergrin* its a very weird feeling, but its kinda nice.

hehehe..... i love good relationships.

my life may be strange, but at least i have good friends
shalom

kbug smile

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
SEE! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS! You all got to see it live! OK, I admit THIS time I had one little flirt but usually I don't... still... she's all like "I've got a boyfriend" and "I'm really not interested" and "I'm in a monogomos relationship right now!" SEE?!?! Did you see it actually happen in front of your own eyes!!! Jebus I was just KIDDIN!!!

And you people ask why I have to bump this up?!!! Just by bumping it up, girls are assuming I'm in love with them!

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'M NOOOOOOT IN LOVE WITH YOUUUUU!

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
N.Y.C maybe you just can't win (just like charle brown ) I know what your going threw maybe you should just Be really silly around these girls works for me tongue ubbloco.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Funny, NYC. I have no problem attracting cute girls. They flock to me like flies to honey. I'm their bestest girlfriend, ever! ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
If I had a nickel for every gay guy, and you had a nickel for every cute girl... then we switched! We'd both be rich AND happy!

Actually, cute girls are overrated. If you said SMART girls were flocking to you... then I'd be jealous. Especailly ones that didn't want to have kids. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hey i flocked to mike, and i'm smart and don't want kids biggrin

**giggles**

ok you can now be jealous of him wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK... let's make it SMART and NOT CRAZY. That seems to be the kicker. You're right pounce, cute crazy girls are a dime a dozen... remember? wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
frown

*sniff sniff*

frown

(secretly giggles to herself)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
good god.

i have to say i hate the words "lets just be friends", but i've only had it out of the blue twice. what are you doing to these women dude?

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
That's okay, pounce. I'm smart and I don't want to have kids and if you're crazy, I am too... we can be Lightning fangirls together!

E pluribus unum, baby.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
woo-hoo! i'm in a fan club with regyt! biggrin

**giggles**

Page: