Forums > Social Chat > sup guy....could you help me out???..

Login/Join to Participate

LuNcHbOx...(Aka. Nathan)-un-singlemember
536 posts

Posted:
i really like this girl..
and she likes me..
but we met on line..and we still live in the same state but she lives far away...
and i don't want to be an online couple..
but
i think i love her..
and i am so mixed up right now
what do i do!?!?

*cries*

-LuNcHbOx, Aka. Nathan...Give a man to fish, and that man knows where to come for more fish...Teach a man to fish and you have just destroyed your market base...

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
step 1.) kidnap her
step 2.) get big arse ransom pay out
step 3.) use ransom money to escape to a remote pacific island, change identities and live happily ever after!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Have you actually -met- this girl?? 'She' could always be a forty-year-old-man, you know. (I get those lectures all the time from my parents. They think all you poi people are all either computer programming or are out to scam me out of my money... )

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Have you actually met properly yet? (With both of you taking a friend, I damn well hope!)

Or are you mostly communicating through the net...?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
Internet dating has its ups and downs. I'm not ashamed to admit I've met people off the net. I actually had 2 great relationships with guys I met over the net. You just have to be careful though. Definitely get a picture beforehand. Definitely talk with him/her for at least a couple weeks before you meet in person. Don't tell him/her exactly where you live, and meet them somewhere public, NOT at your apt or house. If the person doesn't at all look like their picture, get the hell out asap cuz he/she might be dangerous. Don't make your first meeting a long event; just plan to meet and have coffee or a cheap, quick meal, and then you can either excuse yourself and never see that person again or continue the meeting and ask if he/she wants to go do something else. If you're really scared about it, arrange for a friend to call during the meal and if you don't like the person, you can excuse yourself because of a family emergency. It's an old trick, but hey, if he/she realizes why you used it, all the better, cuz they'll get the hint you're not interested.

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
i say f#@k it!!!

if you think there is something there go for it!!!
but yes take precautions, but dont say "oh! im scared"and not do anything, because then you will always wonder what could have been.

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Jinx...I have to totally disagree with your attitude!

Wondering about it for the rest of your life is much better than being chopped up into pieces, stuffed in a garbage bag and thrown in a river.
quote:
There is no way you can tell for sure that someone, who seems to be so wonderful in a chatroom or on a discussion list, in real life is so wonderful as well and - unfortunately - there are quite a few reports about first dates between people who met on the Internet, that turned into absolute disaster, either emotionally, or physically, or both. That doesn't have to be dramatic. Sometimes it is just a matter of someone telling a few white lies about his/her looks and over-emphasizing his or her positive points while conveniantly hiding the less positive habits. But there are also reports about rape, physical injury and - recently - clever fraud schemes.

Quote from here... Do don't page

Here is also a story about a convicted murderer, who, after being released from prison, courted a girl for three years ebfore they decided to meet.

He had ropes, drugs, Dermol , and a hatchet in his truck when they decided to meet.

Yes, the girl was a minor, but minors simply get more press, there are lots of cases of nutsos out there who don't care how old their victims are.

Psycho net dude

Personally, "wondering" for the rest of my life looks a damn good option in my book!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
Ok, seriously, come on. For one thing, the ONLY reason a 53 year old man would be talking to a 14 year old girl is a BAD reason. (And actually, he was 50 and she was FREAKIN 11 YEARS OLD when they started chatting.) Secondly, they met in an OCCULT chat room. Thirdly, the girl KNEW he had been in prison for murder previously.

This isn't some case of a guy pretending he's an innocent 16 year old kid, talking in a typical chat room and developing an online relationship. This is an extremely f*&ked up and irrelevant instance of a mentally messed up young girl who put herself in a really bad position.

What we're referring to here is mature adults chatting and using personal ads to discuss their interests and possibly meet and start dating in real life. For all the psychos out there on the net, there are 10,000 normal people. As long as you're smart about it, there's little danger in meeting people, except the danger of realizing the person doesn't look nearly as good in real life as they do in pictures.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Warning: girls are bad for you
Just thought I'd mention it

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
quote:
For all the psychos out there on the net, there are 10,000 normal people.
Ok, now i know that figure was made up, off the top of your head. And that's ok, i know what you mean. however, it also gives me a liscence to make up a few figures myself...

Lets say, 5,000 are so normal that they really don't want to meet anyone they gte to know on the net, coz of all the horror stories. (5000 left)

say 1,000 are young children pretending to older, and having 3-4 diffent names. Say, 2000 actual logins (3000 left)

lets say 200 are gay, (assuming you aren't of course) (2800 left)

And 1400 are the sam sex as you (1400 left)

lets say 700 are geogrpahically challenged (live in another country) (700 left)

And 350 aren't really your type... (350 left)

and for 175, you aren't really their type... (175)

100 you never actually meet online becuase they use different chat areas or programs (75 left)

40 are already in relationships outside of the internet (35 left)

15 work different hours to you and aren't online at the same times as you are. (20 left)

Oh and lets not forget that the crazy people tend to have multiple logins like the kids do and have hundreds of people "on the go" at anyone time, lets say, at a guess, 5 logins.

That means that if your figure is correct and my figures are correct, the chance of someone you meet and get to know online is a pyscho should be about 5/20!

thats 1 out of four!

(PS this is half a joke and half serious)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Nove:
They think all you poi people are all either computer programming or are out to scam me out of my money... )
well while it true most of us are geeks in some fireld or others......if you send 5.99 a amonth to me i can start to save it and spend it on a new set of poi!hehehehehehe

if you like her try, if it dont work out the hthe wordl spins on!no stress no hassel!

Step (el-nombrie)

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
i think you should make precautions too meet somewhere public etc, but i have found that their are alot of nice people out there and we should not let paranoia take over, (im kind of dissapointed that hop people have had a bad attitude over this one, ive always seen everyone at hop as being open minded and people loving) you could miss a chance you might never get again. 1 state is not that far i know people that hold relationships over distance
my advice
1- phone first
2- advice her to bring a friend and you do too (you guys will feel more comfortable that way)
3- Have fun
4- be safe

BE HAPPY