PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Swag, in this use, is the stuff you can buy at an event. T-shirts, keychains, mousepads, mugs, photo's for an autograph, etc....

What are you more likely to buy in person? Online?Overall What do you prefer?

Thanks and !
P~

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

christofBRONZE Member
53 posts

Posted:
t-shirts if im at a gig.....and i actually have money left over.

roll on radiohead:)

You only see what you are shown

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
In person unless it's from hop ( i know malcom does a good job on Quality control).

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
i would prolly buy tshirts, stickers/pins, or photos for an autograph at an event and anything else online or somewhere else.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Tshirts in Person. Still cautious about handing out credit card details online and not organised enough to do cheques etc.
I do like funky teatowels as presents from travelling friends.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

soldaribusy-tofu!
133 posts

Posted:
Hmm lets see, CDs, T's and pins. I don't know of anyone who's bought a mug at an event... except at the beer festival (who wouldn't buy a mug at a beer fest!). T's and pins are nice cause you can put them on right away and not worry about losing them. CDs are a bit more fragile, but nice to have, and you can get them autographed :-). All these things I prefer to buy on the spot to 'remember the moments'.

there is no better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nothign...at all..im skint...

but anything froma website... as long as they are reputable.. (is that the right word?)

pequeno_fuegoBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
well i likedifferent types of mugs becouse of my sister.
she collect mugs from different ocasins and i like when shy's happy so if iam somewhere where i can buy mug that she dosn'thave i buy it for her
peace and rhythm

peace and rhythm
// Do what you want, let IT be a measure! //

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm not much of a pack-rat, so I rarely buy trinkets and I'm up to my ears in T-shirts, but if I'm going to buy that sort of stuff, I'll do so in person.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
We "give away for a donation" oversized colour postacrds, vinyl stickers, and temporary tattoos after our shows. The tattoos are by far the most popular. We hand out twice as many of the tattoos as either of the other items. Postcards are second most popular, black and white stickers are third.

Definitely go for the tattoos. You can sell the postcards for more, though, because they're bigger and in full colour.

The kids also really dig cheese. Lots of Ash Circle cheese selling these days. We also saved some of the NY Street Boys' sweat, and we're selling that via an online auction. It's up to $400 so far. Check out www.onlineauction.com/UselessCrapYou'llBuyAnyway/famouspeople/NYStreetBoysSweat/

We're going to be breaking into the online selling soon enough. Probably t-shirts/spaghetti tops and maybe notebooks for the back-to-school crowd. I find Cafepress charges a pretty high base price, though. Does anyone know of other online shops that are cheaper?

narf.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I think i'm the only one who actually tried to goto that site... heh

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03