Forums > Social Chat > To Spin or Not to Spin

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
We have all determined that somewhere along the way we are addicted to spinning. Several of us have at least minor parts of addictive personality traits in us, so out of curiousity, if you weren't addicted to spinning, what would you be addicted to and what would you fill your time with?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
der Pele! Sex of course! :Pand godamned juggling. I cant seem to put those little buggars down. good for winter time, when its cold and wet outside (at least, thats what I keep telling myself! smile)Josh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
oooh, nice thought Pele, more hobbies...I'd probably be covered in tattoos, and I'd spend more time maintaining my fishing gear blushWhat's your hidden passion Pele?ade

evenstarmember
36 posts

Posted:
Well, before I found out how passionate I could be about twirling, I was an avid juggler. Actually, only recently (since I began stressing about exams), I've begun to juggle again. Not that I've given up on poi or anything. Probably because for me, I associate juggling more with relaxation and zen, then I do twirling, which I can do to cheer myself up. Actually, I've got about a month of holidays coming up, in which I'm planning to expand my circus skills a bit [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image] A light from the shadows shall spring." TOLKIEN

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
TOLKIEN

daskmember
53 posts

Posted:
Good question Pele grinMy others hobbies:- Juggling diabolo-balls (indoor)- Bodyboarding (on WE)- My girlfriend wink (takes me a lot of time)- Listening to LOUD musikAnyone here in the surfing community ? just want to know if poi is popular among surfers of the world...

o]-[DasK]-[o

evenstarmember
36 posts

Posted:
dask, I bodyboard too smileand my ears are still ringing from standing two feet away from the ceiling-high speakers at Bomfunk MCs..------------------"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring." TOLKIEN

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
TOLKIEN

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
real good question cause truth is I am a quite passionate person and Usually when I love something I become a bit "focused". Other than Poi which takes a lot of my free time (along with trying to learn to juggle, twirl and all related pleasures... smile )I do a lot of aikido and belly dance... that's for physical activities but I am also addicted to traveling whiich is where almost all my salary goes....Other question to those who feel they are addicted and have experienced this addiction before, I am talking mainly sports right now... have you become tired of it after a while ? do you think / fear it could happen with spinning as well ? or do you picture yourselves spinning in 20 /30 years from now ??????shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
I think I will always spin. Even if I hit a threshold of sorts where I just can't seem to improve I think I will still do it for the peace of mind that it brings me. I can have the most awful of days and literally expel it all from my entire body just with a couple of trance tracks and some poi. That, to me, is magic and I don't ever intend on letting it escape me.Outside of poi? I love my video games, specifically rpgs and old school fighting games, swimming or any kind of water sport, billiards, tweaking my car, driving absurdly fast after aforementioned tweaking, and random late-night 6 hour conversations about anything and everything. smile

edlomember
21 posts

Posted:
Addiction to me, sounds like something that takes away life (unnatural) or something that hinders one from living. I would say poi and similar activities are a necessity (like food and water); as opposed to an addiction. I feel alive, growth, connected, bliss etc. when doing the things I love. It's difficult to think about what else I'd be doing. It's like asking where will you be 10, 15, 20 years from now. Only time will tell. Choose your path carefully. Other hobbies include:laughing, golf, snowboarding, playing beats, dancing, Good times, etc...------------------
quote:
Embrace and perpetuate constant change

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm..took time to think on this one Ade. I can think of questions readily but I am not always able to answer my own inquiries. blushI, too am avery passionate person. I am passionate about my writing and performing. If I didn't use spinning, or more specifically fire on the whole, for performing I would probably be doing my Ren comedy shows still. Fire has opened many new venues and possibilities for me to perform in so I would have much more time on my hands.What else am I passionate about/what hobbies would I do if I weren't spinning? Writing, which eats up a large chunk of my time as it is, my other "profession". Hiking. Car, well Whipping Boys truck, racing. Music, drawing, dance and reading whatever I can get into. I am also big talker (go figure rolleyes ) and enjoy staying up late enveloped in good conversation and jokes. Costume designs/sewing. I used to garden too. I miss that but am not home enough to care for them properly anymore. frownI could go on, as I've many passions in my life but communication with my friends is paramount, and I do that with or without performing taking up my time...------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 20 June 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

hafsha1member
35 posts

Posted:
I'd be (and am) addicted to and spend all my time trying to get the most sex and speed (motorcycles, rollercoasters, cars) into my life.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
I've thought about this before. I always feel bad because it's a short list.I'm big into video games and playing with my truck.Since I got a new camera recently I've been into setting up shots and trying new things with it. Pele has been quite gracious in being my model. It also works well for us working on her portfolio.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
hmmm...well, the only thing i can say i'd be addicted to for sure (cuz i already am) is my boyfriend. i'm obsessed. he's perfect and wonderful and everything i need/want him to be. just like poi.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.