Forums > Social Chat > Fire Poi on Front page News

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Last Night Cerberus and I were doing poi on the waterfront of Halifax and there must have been 10-20 people taking our pictures and we found out that the Daily News was there, and they got pictures and asked us a few questions! We were on the front page, I couldn't believe it!!! WE were so happy!! Plus the fact that this was our first public performance so, all in all I'd say it was an amazing experience and we are doing it again tomorrow night! Cheers!

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
nice one my son..

ive been top of the front page of our local paper fire breathing..

i loved it..

its a great feeling..

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Good for you that probably means you can expect more people down to watch tonight and all.

Keep on keeping on!

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
congrats! i was in a simalar situation once. and afteri explain you might undrstand why i am happiest for you. i was spinning at a concert one night (unauthorized of course). i liked the band and the music so much i just had to. a photographer saw me and started setting up his camera. i told him to hurry i was almost out and sure enough befor he got one click off i was out. i asked him a few questions and he asked me a few and it ended with both of us appoligizing to each other for what me missed out on. so again congrats to you.

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Your first step to stardom

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
hehehe I love front page news, I got there in Oz and all I did was walk off the plane hahahaha

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Eeeeeyyyyy, fire poi in halifax? Too bad I don't get the newspaper anymore, I would have freaked out and cried or something! So you say you'll be spinning at the water front tomorrow? Mind if I show up to join you folk?
Meh, even if you say "dear god, no" I'll show up and watch.

P*L*U*R

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! THE RAIN!!! I'm SO upset! I usually love when it rains... until now... Doing poi down at the waterfront was the one thought that was keeping me sane in school (which I desperatly despise -.- and then the rain came... it's officially ruined my day...

~Cerberus~+Something simple+

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Is there going to be a, dare I say, "rain date"?
Ohohoho
I tried to get a copy of the paper, but to no avail since it was around 11 pm when I heard about it.

P*L*U*R

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Bah -.-; I wish I could tell you when a 'rain date' would be but I don't know when it is going to stop! If we can, we'll be going tomorrow (Saturday) but if its still pouring by then... um... I have no idea. Stupid Maritimes and its schitzo weather.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
You know what they say, "If you don't like the weather in Halifax, wait five minutes."
Uh, I guess that doesn't really apply to today...*waits 5, gives up and has some chocolate milk*

P*L*U*R

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
We saw the fire poi shot on the cover. Nice job!

Actually, at first glance, I thought it was me. Then I was like, Wait a minute... we've been in Ontario and Quebec for two weeks...

It's a great shot. What move is that? Bicycle?

Cheers,

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

BlazeBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Yah, It is the Bicycle or whatever you wanna call it. We have different names for a lot of things but meh! It was the bicycle ^^ I'm sure Cerberus is very happy a lot of people thought that it was you! ^^;;

You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you are all the same.

Me Like fire... hehe... he he... -, Me at the annual Busker Festival Downtown

134 posts

Posted:
Cerberus and Blaze- When are you going out next? We want to come down and see you guys.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Rick- I don't know if you'll get this in time, but me, cerberus, blaze and others are going down this evening around 7 i believe

P*L*U*R

134 posts

Posted:
We went down at around 9pm but you guys weren't around. Where do you usually spin? For how long?

Ta.

-Rick aka Loki

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
We spin on the little wooden platform right behind the little woods connecting to the "aliant stage".
Since we all had school today, we couldn't stay out too late but I think we left after 9. I guess you just missed us.

P*L*U*R

134 posts

Posted:
pooh.

send us an email when you're going out next, yeah?

heh. this is becoming a private conversation. The mods are going to layeth the smacketh down. I can feel it. Quick, announce something.

-Rick aka Loki

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Me to, i wanna see this, and i never got around to shaking your hand rick, saw your show 3 times, i'm to shy.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Alright, um... yea, school is annoying and makes us go in earlier then we'd like. Blaze and I are going down again on friday (aka tomorrow... but only if you read this post today O.o figure that one out) around 6, and we'll be able to stay out later (Yey!).
Again we'll be at the little wodden stage that Deimos specified (Its also near the big plastic Wave). Anyone who can come is welcome, its always fun to meet more um... poi-ers ^^ Especially ones who can teach us new tricks *wink wink, nudge nudge*
Well, I guess I'll see whoever makes it down tomorrow. Hope you can make it down this time Dawn... by the way, whats your name on here anyways?

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Correction big 'concrete' wave thing... it was bothering me ^^;
Also Blaze wont be able to make it tomorrow.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
FYI: Dawns HoP name is Alumity

P*L*U*R

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
hey i will definatly be there tonite, to spin some rope torch,alway want the chance to meet new people.

some will understand. -buddah

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I showed up at 5, early i know, stayed till 6:15 as i was in a rush to get to the concert... you missed me i suppose. Next time.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
hey it was great spinning with ya'll last nite. had a blast, got to see a new face or two.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Yea, i hope next time i'll have some fire wicks, and some fire experiance. Gotta find some new tricks to...

Djnnmember
79 posts

Posted:
Congrats mate,
always glad to hear great news
and yea scan a pict and post it up

djinn

Alumitymember
30 posts

Posted:
It's so much fun spinning with you guys! I have to come out every time!

there'll be no angels

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Flipmodius and I went down to the waterfront today to spin for his friend as a belated birthday present. Flip had a pretty good crowd for his rope torch and as soon as I lit up someone dropped a toonie in the hat!So nice of them!
I'm a little upset though, since today was the last day I would let myself use my wicks, bits were starting to fall off and they were becoming too dangerous. This means I might have to cut back on spinning with you all until my new kevlar comes in...

P*L*U*R

Alumitymember
30 posts

Posted:
Don't worry too much Deimos, I'll wait with you, I won't light up again with my wicks, I'm just too worried about them.

there'll be no angels

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
okay, okay i won't either. just to be like you alumity. I hope they come soon

Page: