Forums > Social Chat > Amazing sound, beautiful flow. Glowsticks will never be the same

Login/Join to Participate

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
Just thought I'd share with everyone that I finally lit up night before last for the first time. (Thanks Malcolm for the beaming poi, and double thanks for quick delivery of the fire poi!)I hadn't ever seen anyone spin fire, so this was my first time inside the ring, or even watching it live. It was so amazing, definately far beyond my expectations. The group of us who have been spinning glowsticks for the past few months all got together, so it was a group of about 10 of us watching to begin with, but before long we had the neighbors out of their houses watching. It's so great. Three months of practicing every waking moment to the point I was almost sick of spinning paid off as soon as the crashing waves of the fire spinning began their flow around me. All the regular moves were twice as stunning, and a whole genre of moves integrates itself in as you spin. Things like tapping the two heads together in the middle of a low wave or high brought out a burst of flame. And even simple wraps are amazing to watch as they make an undescribable sort of explosion on your arm as they finish the wrap. The night went off without any mishaps beyond Adam popping himself on the top of the head, luckily not even leaving noticable melted hair. That and during a reverse horizontal butterfly over my head catching and popping me on the back of the head leaving me looking a tad bare. Hair grows back though, and I'd have been happy to lose more just to enjoy such a rush again.I want to say thank you for all the insight all of you here at the HOP have given over the past couple of months. And to say to all the fellow glowstick champions, if you haven't spun fire yet, that it is a new realm of possibilities. So go for it. Happy twirling,Tiki

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Tiki! Congratulations!!! grin grinHooray!-protie

Lamarmember
53 posts

Posted:
Where is Dville, GA? I live out by the Mall of Georgia, so if it is anywhere near by maybe I can come out and spin w/ you some time. I would *love* to toy w/ fire... one of my goals this summer is to keep at the sticks & poi enough to be close to error free on most of my main moves so that I could pick up a set of fire poi and not have disasterous consequences. smile

fireflymember
52 posts

Posted:
yeahhhhhhhh!welcome to the fire club!!!!!!!!keep the fire burning.-firefly-

frank bentzin

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Holy shit dude I too lit up for the first time this weekend at nelson's ledges. Tiki I couldn't have posted a better first timers note but dude you left out the best part of it... All the ppl cheerin everytime you light em up. I was so addicted to the flames I spun all day from the time I woke up till I pasted out with a fuel inducded headache. I got to meet up with this other dude that was there doin torches. He lit them up during Tommy Chongs encore performance and I guess Tommy didn't like it taking the attention off his show. frown Out of the like 20 times I lit them up during the day I stalled over my head and into my back leavin some nice soot marks. And I was movin down a gravel path while doin a ciruclar weave in the same direction, came around on the third spin and lost my bearings and barely touched the back of my neck didn't even leave soot marks that time. I've been spinning glowsticks for 2 months and I doubt I'll ever buy another glowstick smile However it was nice to get really wasted and wander around a huge campground spinning as I went.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I have also recently spun fire for the first time w/ Pele and the Martian. It is really quite fantastic------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I am purchasing some fire poi and imma start spinning them as soon as i can. i have been doing glowsticks for 2 years. is it really that cool?

Tikimember
44 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the congrats Protozoa and Firefly smile Rave_ninja: Yes they really are that cool. It's like a whole world seperate from just spinning glowsticks.N8: Gratz on lighting up! grinKnagi: That part completely slipped my mind when writing it up. It is a really nice feeling to have strangers come up to you and just talk to you and give you props. Lamar: I'm about 20 minutes west of Atlanta. Email me or something about finding some way we could all hook up. -Tiki

1. CAUTION: Knife is very sharp. Keep out of children
2. A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
3. Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
Man: Well, you're a man of the world, squire.Squire: Yes...Man: I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh....Squire: What do you mean?Man: Well, I mean like,....you've SLEPT, with a lady....Squire: Yes....Man: What's it like?(sorry, couldn't resist!)mikeyB