King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
just went to see his gig in madrid and thought I should come back and start the "manu chao is my idol thread".
yay!

mama was queen of the mambo...

lalalala

knackered and off to bed!
byeee
Ben

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yep I saw him 'bout 2 weeks ago and it was craaaazy. I'd seldom seen so much energy at a gig before. Everyone was going balistic. Kinda dissappointed I don't have any spanish though cause I'd say it'd be even cooler if I'd known what he was singing about.

Twas mad the way it'd go from reggae, to mad screaming crazy guitary type stuff and the way all the lights'd go out and you'd think it's over and them boooom explosion again

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

fairy girlmember
14 posts

Posted:
Fantastic!!
I saw Manu Chao at Glasto last year and was totally blown away by him!! Was the Sunday afternoon I think, right after the world cup final, and it was beautiful sunshine. Danced for hours, I didn't think he was ever going to stop lol!!
Would defo recommend to anyone to see him live as it's such a wicked experience!!

dont dream it.....be it!

Flower fairyBRONZE Member
98 posts

Posted:
OOOOOHH

You guys are sooooo lucky!!!!!

Manu Chao Rocks!!!!!!

some people take a walk in the rain and others just get wet

Smiling is infectious. Please pass this on.

pequeno_fuegoBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
yeah you're very lucky to see him "live"!!!
i've got only cd but..
today isn't the end of the world, so i'm waiting for him in my world area:))))

in the meantime ... and

peace and rhythm
// Do what you want, let IT be a measure! //

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
yep, saw manu at the brixton academy just over a year ago.

its a very different experience live than on the cd's (as it should be with good music). i thought it was strangely more punky

i understand the french & english - the other day i got a friend of mine to translate some of the spanish & portugese - much of it is quite sad.
its great to have big issues talked about in acsessible fun manners (hold on - i did a massive theatre project on that!!)

rock on manu chao

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Hmm, I was surprised when I heard the french bit in King of the bongo, it seemed a little depressing and out of place..

P*L*U*R

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
common mistake my friend, the "sad bit" is actually a different song, but the way the album is mixed and the exact same "ping" beat thing make people believe its the same song!

im such a geek.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
quote:
im such a geek.

nah, you are the King of Bongo. And if you are anything like the song that makes you lovely fun funky and very sexy.

*revisits Manu Chao in her housemate's music collection*

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...