Forums > Social Chat > memories, arguments, NYC CHARLES PELE and 40 minute burns

Login/Join to Participate

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Oh my GOD! Talk about a walk down memory lane...Hey , anyone who wasn't around in 2001, go to the first page and start reading this.

Super duper historical fantasy angry charles and NYC slice of primordial Home of Poi

It's hilarious...you get to see NYC and I almost at each others throats, Pele trying to calm us both down, mad mad mad mathematical mayhem and crazy conversions.

Oh yeah, and then this thing about how to get a 40 minute burn, which no-one else seems to have tried.

This is such a great thread, and it's even got me making tons and tonnes of mistakes and having to admit that later on.

Ahhhhhh, memories.

PS, I don't think i was a moderator at this stage, but it says so anyway???

PPS I know it's in technical, but after rereading it, I really think it deserves to be in social now from an historical point

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Charles? Does this mean we all get to call you Crackhead?

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Only if you have read the entire thread and can argue points about my sily behaviour in it...Care to have a go?

(Secretly hopes NYC doesnt read this )

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
LOL! I hope you have in fact stayed away from his city?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey, it mentions me!!! *has a warm fuzzy buzz*

I forgot the juggler japes n jibes. Haven't mentioned cigar boxes lately either have i?

Or that one wheeled contraption malarky.

*can't help thinking he's going to be killed when he steps foot in Auckland next June*

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I read the entire thread. I even read every word of Pele's posts. And I never usually do that cos she writes too many words....

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
no cos, imsure is you did then charles gets to smack you really hard in the head!?

charles - you were really cooking on that thread but younever said how much you made on the busking trip that started the thread....details....details....details!

Step (el-nombrie)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
That was back when I was smart. I remember that... week.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
Patrick, C@ntus, Mechhead, and NYC (of course NYC!)

Patrick...you have a habit of saying the wrong name at the wrong time, it's nice to see you asking for a change (and no, you don't have permission)

I haven't "stayed away from New York City" although I havent been there either, but defenitely have not been avoiding it.

C@ntus - I can't garauntee your safety when you set foot in Auckland, but I promise to try and protect you!

Mechhead, just let me go through my accounts for back then...(rustle rustle rustle) Ahh, here we go...NZ$620 (plus a bit more coz I bought some food and drinks with some of the take)

Out of that, there is a $6 cab fare, $2 a litre fuel costs, $15 for drycleaning my costume, and 40% tax off that...so what does the Nett total turn into???

NYC...you were always smart, especially when calling me a "crackhead" LOL...

I'd also like to add that was the beginning of my performance career with fire, and I was pretty much doing staff for the whole time (-minus a few minutes for food+drink).

Nowadays, I do a lot more talking and a lot less spinning, as it's easier on the fuel budget, and isn't as likely to make my arms and legs hurt for a week afterwards...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
quote:
Mr. Cracky von Crackcrack
I think this should go under your name

BTW, what is busking? From what Ive gathered, youre getting payed for spinning. Im guessing youre performing on the street and getting money from passers by? Or are you doing shows? Or getting hired for private shows?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
quote:
BTW, what is busking
Royal, Busking is street performing, requires a license in most parts. Do a show on the street and pass a hat around for contributions.

Hee hee, enjoyed the linked thread! Cracked indeed!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Anyone know if you need a license in the US? And if so, how would I go about getting one?

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thanks charles, that makes me belive again!

NYC i take it you are back in NYC now....if you PM me an address ill send you the vid i am putting together, you feature twice....yes that more than once!

oh what will it do to your ego?

Step (el-nombrie)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Royal, depends on the city what the requirements are. Many require a permit. You have to talk to someone in city hall to find out. I know in some cities they are now holding auditions in the spring and handing out assigned pitches (spots on the street), and if you busk there without a permit or on someone else's pitch you get fined.

Usually to acquire a busking permit requires insurance and a filing fee for the permit application. The fees I have seen range from $15 to $50, depending on the local.

What a blast from the past. Funny how things swap though. Now I am the more ummmm...assertive one and Charles is the more diplomatic one methinks. LOL I was such a new mod then.

Much hugs and many kind regards. Here's to more years of memory making and merriment!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And I was annoying apparently....

Meh

CharlesBRONZE Member
3,989 posts

Posted:
You weren't annoying C@ntus...you were mirthful and mischievious...

Royal...That was a very good night, but don't forget, I've had a lot of bad nights as well...sometiems breaking even, sometimes spending more on fuel and expenses than i get in the hat, ESPECIALLY if it starts to rain...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Thats ok. The money would just be a bonus. Id love to perform for people on the street anyway.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me