Forums > Social Chat > New topic / followup posts slowdown...

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ok everyone, I know we are all finding it hard to settle into the new arrangements, but we just have to put the shakeup behind us and Get on with the Job(tm).There is information to be shared, we all know it, but for some reason, topic and post output has been down since the move.Now I dont need to remind you of the consequences of board neglect, I think we all know that all *too* well <*cough*>...hmmmYes.So I'd like to see an increase in relevant postings, or I'll have to start taking disciplinary action. For starters I'll introduce a weekly Josh's favourite recipe Thread(tm). None of us would like that now would we?---------c'mon folks! I'm trying here!Josh

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh,How do I do the three beat weave?MWOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!MWOOHAHAHAHAHAH!!MWOOHAHA!!HAHA!Tee Hee.heh grin grin grin grin grin grin grinOh and what's a good recipe for Nasi Goreng? tongue

Jeff Duncanmember
140 posts

Posted:
im more intrested in good haggis makeing recipieswhile i learn the 3 beat weave!!ha ha ha ha...... wait, that wasnt very funny.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Nasi goreng?I'm glad you asked!--------------------------------------Josh's Nasi Goreng (noodles with Egg)ingredients1 egg1 packet fresh egg noodles1 dstspn sweet chilli sauce1 dstspn dark soy sauce1/2 chopped celery stick1/2 chopped carrot (ie long thin bits)2 finely chopped cloves of garlic1/2 chopped onion1 dstspn chopped peanuts.1 teaspoon sesame oilsprig of corriander MethodFry the egg and set asidefry the onion and garlic til golden, add noodles, and soy. Stir periodically over a medium heat, add water if they get too dry. Once the noodles are nearly done, add celery and nuts. Stir through some sesame oil. add chopped corriander.Whack it in a bowl when done, cover with fried Egg and pour sweet chilli sauce over.if its a mess, its cuz I wrote this recipe off the top of my head smileJoshPS and if you want to eat it with chopsticks (for authenticity) its better to fry the egg both sides, then slice into ribbons.[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 14 June 2001).]

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
ooh sounds yummy.how about coconut stir fry1 cup grated japanese or butternut pumpkin/squash1 chopped red pepper/capsicum1 small head of cauliflower in florets1 onion chopped(any other vegeatables you want)1 cup vegetable stock (low salt)1 small can coconut cream1 tsp corriander1 tsp cuminsweet chili sauce to tastestir fry with a little oil the onion and cumin...add other vegetables (except the pumpkin) and stir fry til tender. toss pumpkin in for about 30 seconds, then add corriander, coconut milk and stock, and sweet chili sauce to taste. mix it up, cover, let simmer for 10 minutes. server over rice. smileyou know it is damn impossible to find sweet chili sauce in the states? I had to get a friend from sydney to mail it to me. so if you want to start an importing business you can send sweet chili sauce and those handy little cans of flavored tuna. smile or we need more specialty asian stores around. we have not yet discovered sweet chili sauce as the worlds most useful condiment.and next when i figure it out..recipe for Chicken on Fire, Crepes on Fire, and Bananas on Fire...anyone else with flaming food recipes?

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
I want a recipe of the week, to help me get over the split, and to munch on, while I write the FAQ!-PSM sXe------------------"One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind."-Alphonse Bertillon

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pere!That sounds truly delicious!I agree on the sweet chilli thing - there is no finer condiment.I was introduced to the beauty of pumpkin in stirfry earlier this week - yummo! I'll have to get another one, so I can try your recipe. I reckon our kitchen cupboards would be stacked with similar stuff smileJosh

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
ok, back to reality for a sec...I think things slowed down for a bit when Malcom switched servers. In addition, the alteration of the groups may have served to confuse people. Also, I have noticed some tecnical problems with the new site location. Often, I will click on pages and they will never return. Clicking stop, and then following the line will bring them up immediately. This indicates that there is a problem with the web server, which I have been meaning to mention...So, those problems may have been enough to cover the recent drop in traffic...But, these things are also cyclical. Traffic goes up and down in a chaotic way as people migrate into and out of the BBS. I think there were a lot of people who joined just about the time I did (maybe two months ago) who may have worked out a lot of what they need to say. Then again, maybe I'm just all fu><0r3d up.... ;-)-p.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My Pizza recipe is the best!Open the phone book.Find the number for Pizza-LaDial it.Order the pizza you desire40 minutes later..Open the doorPay the pizza delivery boyServe with TabascoI actually can cook but I live alone and it's not much fun cooking for one. Occasionally when I am craving a thai curry I call some friends round and feed them.Pere I want to try your stir-fry receipe. Sounds delish!------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
Ok. Fine. I give in. Given that many fire peeps seem to like spicy food, here is a "recipe" for a Habenaro Hiccup, a sushi delight created by my friend Bruce Woody:Cut one habenaro pepper in half and remove the seeds (or leave them in if you are really hard core) toast lightly in hot oven to caramalize some of the sugars. Place one pepper half in a gunkan-style sushi base, add tuna, cream cheese, and top with shaved scallion. Eat in one bite, and chew thoroughly!The heat from the pepper, the coolness of the cream cheese, the flavor of fish and rice. Mmmmmm, oh so wonderful! Most sushi bars will make one of these for you if you bring in some habenaro peppers and explain how to make them.-p.