Forums > Social Chat > Any firebreathers out there?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
Original Pyro
Total posts: 26
Posted:Any of use fire breathers or fire eaters cos I wanna meet those kind of people for synchronised fire action. I've tried busking and if u do it right u can earn a serious amount of money, simply cos ure risking serious injury. What an opportunity...!

Take the power back

Delete Topic

bluecat
bluecat

geek, level 1
Total posts: 5300
Posted:

'you just cant walk around the city playing with fire'

or similar...

won't be going there then.

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:quote:Originally posted by bluecat:

'you just cant walk around the city playing with fire'

He was in his backyard, though it said he lived in a trailer so if it were in a trailer park, wouldn't playing unsafely with fire there be akin to a tornado and how they always seem to love wiping out trailer parks?

Anyway, this story illustrated a few things. How not to go about fire breathing. What fuel not to use. How not to deal with the authorities. And that evidentally this man didn't make oddles of money fire breathing.
It's alot of what not to do's but hey...at least it can be learned from!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

bluecat
bluecat

geek, level 1
Posted:was just quoting the police detective......

Delete

Dentrassi
Dentrassi

ZORT!
Total posts: 3044
Posted:lighter fluid??!!! what an absolute nob!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Delete

Pele
Pele

the henna lady
Total posts: 6193
Posted:Bluecat...I know I was joking and agreeing with you sweetie!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Delete

Magnus
Total posts: 279
Posted:99.9% I said... and it's probably more like 99.999%

99.9% would mean that 1 in 1000 fire breathers have an accident, and by that I mean more than a mildly singed eyebrow or fringe. Let's define it as something that's worth going to hospital for, or something that you HAVE to go to hospital for.

In which case I bet it's far less than 1 in 1000, but you're right, I don't have any figures, and at the end of the day it's about doing what you feel comfortable with.

Magnus... pay it forward

Delete

bluecat
bluecat

geek, level 1
Posted:i know

Delete

Pyrolific
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
Total posts: 3288
Posted:Yeah well, 80% of statistics are made up on the spot...

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Delete

dj_goose
dj_goose

Sunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
Total posts: 157
Posted:I have to disagree that less then 1 in a thousand breathes never end up having accidents. It is so many more then that. Go to any fruit farm, anywhere in Australia, though i imagine that it is a global thing, and ask about firebreathing, and nearly every single person has ended up in hospital for some reason. I think you are looking at this through those rosie coloured glasses.....

To look at it in another way...say there ae 5000 current members of HOP, you ae saying that less then 5 have had accidents with fire breathing

WHATEVER.......

I personally don't know more then a about 100 breathers but a good 40% of them have had accidents on the spot let alone anything that comes 10 or 20 years down the track

cheers

an annoyed goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Delete

Charles
Charles

Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
Total posts: 3989
Posted:Sorry Magnus, i knwo people seem to be ganging up on you, and I really need to say the following.

I don't believe for a second that the figures you are talking about have come from anywhere except your own imagination.

THERE IS NO DEFINITIVE STATISTICS ON ANY TYPE OF FIREPERFORMING.

These figures simply do not exist.

For my onw personal statistics, of the 6 people I know of in Auckland who considered themselves firebreathers, 4 of them have seriously hurt themselves.

1 lit his face and clothing on fire and now has permanent scars
2 suffered blowbacks (more than once) that have burned their faces superficially and painfully.
1 set a house on fire (albiet only for a minute or so, but it scared the sh*t out of everyone else. And later nearly dies in a hospital overseas in a seperate incident.

I also used to firebreath, but gave up as soon as my wife accepted my marriage proposal.

Now, as, with my own personal statistics, there are the four people I mentioned, 8 people from newspapers and some links such as Pele's above, Pele, Dangerboy, and another I have heard of who does not want to be named.

That comes to 15 people who have had serious injury (2 deaths in that lot) that I am aware of.

For your figure of 99.999 to be true, ONLY using the accidents I am aware of, there would have to be out of a group of 15,0000 firebreathers.

I think it is safe to say that i might know of only 1/10th (a very low estimate in my opinion) of the firebreathing accidents in the world

So the true figure, would really have to be an absolute minimum of 150,000 firebreathers.

I don't believe for a second there are that many firebreathers in the world. And, remembering that these figures have been under-estimated by a huge proportion to avoid exaggeration.

[ 29. August 2003, 12:28: Message edited by: Charles ]

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Delete

Page: 12