Page:
onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Drug Free Spinning.

Over the years I've noticed that a lot of people associate spinning with drugs and clubbing; recently I've had a few discussions with spinners who, like me, don't take drugs or go to clubs.

They have said pretty much the same thing, that a lot of the spinners they encounter seem to assume that they're into drugs and clubs.

I wanted to post this thread to open up some kind of discussion on 'clean spinning', primarily so spinners who are drug free, or thinking of becoming so can be made aware that there are plenty of us out there who don't feel the need to take drugs.

When you're young or a student, as many who are attracted to poi are, it's very easy to find yourself in an environment where drug taking is seen as the norm and where to be clean is associated with being dull, unadventurous, fearful or boring.

Drugs are, by their nature, far easier to get into than to get out of, not just because of the addictive nature of the substances, but also because of the social groups that become based around the aquisition and consumption of the substances.

From experience I know that drug taking is like a maze with very few exits; even when you know that you no longer want to be inside it, it can take years of searching until you find your way out.

Here I'm talking about all drugs, including tobacco.

I wanted to raise this subject in the hope that those of us who are ex/non drug takers can post their opinions and offer hope to others who are in a dilema.

I have tried to not put down drug users in this post because I don't want it to turn into a pro/cons of drug taking thread; Malcolm has made it quite clear that he doesn't want illegal drugs promoted on this site.

So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.

Similarly, if you despise drugs, please don't post opinions that are likely to incite pro druggists to respond.

However, if you are an ex drug taker who has, like me, discovered that a life without drugs is not only bearable, but infinitly richer than a life with them, or if you are someone who hates what you are putting into your body but feel that you can't escape; then feel free to post your experiences/advice.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
this has been discussed before.......no wait, it's the old thread, and i've already posted smile. Difference now is that now i only drink (not much either), and hardly ever do any fire spinning anyway!

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Wow, this is an old thread (started by me).

Why's it been bumped, and why's it in 'chat' (I don't start threads in 'chat') smile

Written by: kaza

Hmmm. I'm pretty new to this forum and I havn;t as of yet seen a single thread that I think glorifies drug use, or says "wow that was exciting" because of something the poster had taken.

You won't have, times have changed since the days when this thread was posted- in the past there was not only open promotion of drug use, but also (IMO) an element of verbal 'bullying' towards those who suggested that it wasn't the case that the majority of spinners used drugs, or that there were many bad aspects to drug use.

----------

In those days the drug posts generally got out of hand, and admin were also having to delete (for legal reasons) some posts which were promoting drugs.

Written by: quiet

'So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.'

let me check: you want free, informed discussion of [specifically] drug-free spinning. not spinning in general, but particularly spinning without drugs....

...well . . . without wanting to sound cynical, I'm not convinced that 'drug-free' spinning, as a subject of discussion, makes much sense without discussion of what 'drugged-up' spinning is. you need to know what's special about the subject you're talking about.

You were a bit selective with that quote- here's what I actually posted-

Written by: onewheeldave

I have tried to not put down drug users in this post because I don't want it to turn into a pro/cons of drug taking thread; Malcolm has made it quite clear that he doesn't want illegal drugs promoted on this site.

So, if you are of the opinion that drugs are good, please don't ruin this thread by posting pro drug arguments.

Similarly, if you despise drugs, please don't post opinions that are likely to incite pro druggists to respond.

You'll note that I ask people not to promote drug use (for the reasons above), AND also ask those against drugs to not incite the pro-drug crowd with intolerant/inciting posts.

This is because I wanted a discussion, not a flame-war that would have got deleted.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
OWD said
Written by:

In those days the drug posts generally got out of hand, and admin were also having to delete (for legal reasons) some posts which were promoting drugs.

Arrr, that would explain my observation that most of the drug related topics seem to be started by anti-drug crusaders wink I will also suggest that while drugs related issues were occasionally discussed in the past, I think it would be misleading to suggest drugs were ever openly promoted in this forum; and that’s not negotiable.

Just so people know they are not alone, a melbourne shuffle dance site (clept.net) also promotes “clean dancing” in the high-octane rave and party scene.

cheers smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

quietanalytic
503 posts

Posted:
personally, i think someone could make it clear that neither I, nor my colleagues, nor any other member of HoP, consumes illegal substances

especially not at meets

e

ture na sig

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
I think I'm tripally implicated in this as I'm a student, an art student and I spin.

statistically I would probably work out as a heavey user! But I'm not!

spinning fire is such a dangerous activity that I never do it under the influence of anything.

I hardly drink anyway, or smoke, personally i get bored and fustrated under the influence as you can't just switch it off but I don't judge anyone who does, thats their personal choice-I agree though that just like when your drunk or whatever you think you're the best dancer in the world when you really look terrible (or is that just me?!) applies to spinning poi.

I think that if your willing to let go or all your self-conciousness and forget everything else around you then you can truly get into your spinning. Taking drugs just gives you a different perspective.

My personal opinion- and it is down to every individual, is that if you can let go and spin in the real, unaltered world, then that truly is spinning.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: Stone

.............. I will also suggest that while drugs related issues were occasionally discussed in the past, I think it would be misleading to suggest drugs were ever openly promoted in this forum; and that’s not negotiable.

I feel that that depends on what's meant by 'promotion'. To me 'promotion' isn't always (or even mainly) in the form of obvious encouragement or marketing; it can be much more subtle.

Malcolm did had to come in on several occasions and say that there was a problem on HOP with posts that, at least in the eyes of the law, could be seen as promoting drug use; and asking that people refrained from such posting

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
' What we're talking about with this thread is something that is totally free, will last the rest of your life, has no bad side effects and produce better and longer lasting highs than any chemical; it should be no surprise if those who have experienced it are going to get enthusiastic. '

What, you mean ceratonin? That's still a chemical, it's just produced in your brain instead of from an external source.

Wow, this thread is heavy! I don't want to leave my opinion here, there are already too many disagreements over the finer points, plus I can't figure out what you're all debating any more! I just wanted to point out that the 'natural high' is also caused by different chemicals in the brain, some of which are stimulated by drug use and others which are inhibited. ubbrollsmile

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
What drug makes one bump two year old threads unnanounced?

wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Written by: The Tea Fairy

What, you mean ceratonin? That's still a chemical, it's just produced in your brain instead of from an external source.

Again, to give my quote in its original context, which was in reply to this-

Written by: Originally posted by frostypaw

It does sound all rather evangelical

I replied-

Written by: onewheeldave

I wouldn't say that it's evangelical as that is a religious term. However if you're refering to a joyous spreading of news then maybe so, and it's no bad thing.

After all, people who take pills regularly are prone to get excited at the prospect of some new variation that they believe will give them an evenings pleasure at the cost of £15, a comedown of unpredictable character and the risk of a bad trip.

What we're talking about with this thread is something that is totally free, will last the rest of your life, has no bad side effects and produce better and longer lasting highs than any chemical; it should be no surprise if those who have experienced it are going to get enthusiastic.

So, no, I was not referring to seratonin (one of the chemicals in the brain which, if deficient, can cause depression).

What I was getting at was an alternative to using drugs to manage mood, that alternative being to not use drugs, but other methods instead.

And I was pointing out that those who had personally experienced the considerable negative aspects of habitual drug use, may, once they had moved on to a life without drug use, be almost evangelical, feeling that they have discovered something which could be of great value in helping others to avoid making similar mistakes.

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Delirium_Starmember
73 posts

Posted:
I've never been into drugs and I highly doubt I'll ever get into them, but I must admit I tend to spin better whilst a little drunk, Some people think better whilst a little intoxicated. It helps me loosen up and not feel so paranoid that people are watching and laughing everytime I hit myself. However I doubt I'd be using fire poi at this point just incase I set fire to someone or something. (lol)

+†Delirium_57412†+

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
we should probably bump this now and then don't you think...
me don't drink much, don't do drugs often either, mostly clean living
Overall, I did my best spinning sober. Other than one night when it all just came together, it seems like i just hit myself more, and am uncoordinated.
When I go out and spin, I may have a few drinks, but I don't do fire and I make sure I have space. I don't need to hit someone.
People seem to think I'm rolling or have cocaine...never weed...I love being able to say nope just me. (Though is it a good thing that they think you are doing drugs...does that mean that you are really uncoordinated... smile )
fire spinning under any influence I would say is bad...

btw good thread OWD

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
"Drugs are bad. Mkay..."

Er, no. Some drugs are bad. Where would we be without painkillers, anaesthetics and antidepressants.

I respect others who've done drugs, can admit it, and give a valid and informed opinion on the subject a lot more than the nay sayers who paint things black and white without any experience to base their opinions on (accounts of what happened to other people miss a lot out). I spent a lot of time becoming as informed as possible before I ever took drugs, and am firmly in the 'harm reduction' camp (with the easiest form of harm reduction being not taking anything).

The huge majority of street drugs are bad, simply because of economics. Producing pharmaceutical grade drugs is a lot more expensive than street drugs, because you need to produce a pure product. The way (chemical) drugs are made you have to wash out a lot of the byproducts of production to get a pure product, and doing that you wash away a lot of what you've made. Street drugs have a lot of byproducts left in them, which is what causes bad trips and horrible come downs a lot of the time. One of the main causes is what are called optical isomers, where the same molecule has two forms that are mirror images. All biologicaly natural chemicals and neurochemicals only fall into one 'handedness' and the other form usually has bad effects on biological systems that aren't equipped to handle/metabolise them. One of the prime examples is LSD, where one form gives you a trip, and the other gives you a splitting headache and nausea or can make you feel unwell enough to contribute to a bad trip in smaller amounts. Processing drugs to get just one form is just another step that reduces a drug manufacturers yield, and costs more.

There are drug makers who do it to give people a good high, but they're extremely rare and hard to find given the nature of the product, and they usually end up in the gutter because the other makers don't like the idea, and aren't nice people at all.

On top of the economic reasons for street drugs being bad there's the good old 'what goes up, must come down' side to things. If your brain spends a night on a pill being pushed to produce serotonin at a huge rate, then when the drugs wear off the bits of your brain that did all that work are going to have a union meeting and go on strike. One night buzzing, full of energy, and socially uninhibited, the whole of the rest of the week being depressed, knackered, and grumpy.

Then on top of that downside, you've got the 'more is better' idea. Simple response to that, 'No it isn't'. Just because you've taken a bit of something and it seems to be good, doesn't mean that more of it is going to make you feel better. Unfortunately after having taken any kind of drug, people seem to lack the intelligence to realise this, and procede to take amounts that their metabolism can't handle. There won't be any more up. There will be a whole lot more down.

Alcohol is a strange one, because of the way it is metabolised. In small amounts one of the chemicals it metabolises into is an upper (reduces social inhibition, raises mood, loosens muscles and makes movement more flowing). If you take more, then your body can't metabolise it fast enough, and this 'up' effect gets drowned out by the down effect, and you end up uncoordinated, incoherent, and unpleasant to be around. Drinking the right amount to stay in the up state isn't easy, especially when you're doing something else/people keep buying you drinks.

Some drugs I decided never to try, because I'd seen what they do to friends/people around me (stimulants like coke, crack and speed, opiates like heroin).

Some drugs I tried but gave up because the benefits never came close to outweighing the downsides (pills/acid. Not knowing what you're getting/feeling burnt out for ages after), and those places I'd take them I could have a good enough time straight (I'd be the guy on the dancefloor all night going absolutely crazy, but smokers drove me out of clubs, and despite not coughing up so much crap, I can't dance like that any more, as dancing every weekend kept me fit. I'm looking forward to the smoking ban, and getting more exercise so I can get back on the dancefloor again).

Nearly all the other drugs, I've had to give up anyway, as exposure to chemicals in the workplace messed up my neurochemistry. I can't take painkillers like paracetamol, or antidepressants that would have helped me a lot in the last couple of years. Not even coffee. I can still drink alcohol, but only the equivalent of two pints of beer. The third will cause an immediate crippling hangover, so I have to keep on top of how much I've been drinking. I've got pretty good at staying in the sweet spot between sober and 'up', just because the headache I get when I go over to 'down' is so unpleasant. I'll ocassionally practice poi while in this state, inspired by drunken boxing martial arts forms. It's highly entertaining to do, but you end up with a fair few bruises (think Jackie Chan in Drunken Master).

I find it funny how people say that they never take drugs and spin fire. Since when was inhaling vapourised petrochemicals 'not taking drugs' biggrin

I don't spin fire much any more because the effects of the paraffin are so much stronger now (and never after drinking, no matter how small an amount, as any alcohol mixed with paraffin fumes knocks me flat out).

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
This is a subject close to my heart. I really love spinning, I'm so glad I found it, it's brought me a lot of joy and expanded my horizons and led me to meet a few really cool people. I am, however, very uncomfortable around drugs and/or drug users (I don't think I'm phobic, but it's not far off). I know this is my own problem and I'm becoming more open-minded, but it came close to putting me off spinning. All of the most enjoyable moments in my life have been sober, one of my happiest moments was stopping my anti-depressants confident that I no longer needed them as a crutch...

Drinking leaves me feeling incomptent and incapacitated, and I've always been too scared to try other drugs, I don't see this changing any time soon, though it certainly felt at one point as though I might've picked the wrong hobby to have with a mindset such as mine...

Can anyone else relate to this?

3,556 posts

Posted:
I can, and this is what I would say...You shouldn't be scared because you are unfamiliar, you should make this decision because you have educated yourself and you don't want to put your mind and body through all that
Not knowing eventually leads to curiosity, which may lead to trying, and the not knowing is what can get you in trouble
You should decide not to do drugs because of knowledge not out of fear. Knowledge does not mean you have to try stuff. For example, I didn't know much about pills and coke. Tried weed and didn't like it. Got addicted to the first two, avoided the last one. But my friends were kids from the dead tour and they told me about all the stuff you can trip on. They told me about what it does to the brain, they told me all about their trips, they told me about the environment it was taken in. They told me research I could look at, and I definitely decided that those realm of those drugs were not for me. I don't need to try to know. From all the knowledge I gathered, I don't want it.

Be sober. Go have fun. Go laugh at the silly drunks. No one here is ever going to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do.

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
Wow, I've been thinking about this a bit recently, and have severely cut down on the drugs I take. I've now been to a couple of parties and not taken anything and still managed to stay up and dance with the rest of them... I see myself eventually being completely drug free, but I still enjoy getting high at parties/festivals etc.. I understand there are much better ways of getting a natural high that dont leave you feeling like crap.. but i dont really take drugs to get messed up now as I have done before...

And spinning is fine sober when I'm alone but has previously helped when Im a little intoxicated in the presence of other people and at parties to stop me feeling so self conscious. But i think I'm over that now.

But I'm interested, those who stay sober at parties, what if you are wanting to stay up (perhaps for a dj or something) but find your energy isnt keeping you as awake as you'd like? I know power napping always helps but sometimes you wont want to..and a friend of mine does a bit of chakra work to help her, but any other suggestions? peace

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

3,556 posts

Posted:
caffiene caffiene caffiene
drug status is questionable
actually I had a drink called Monster last night and it wired me for a number of hours

Faith

FatGuruSILVER Member
40 posts

Posted:
Monsters are AWESOME! Try the orange ones!

I believe something is only a drug if you treat it like a drug. shrug

"It is far better to know you think than it is to think you know." -FAT-

3,556 posts

Posted:
fine mainstream wise caffiene is not a drug, is a stimulant...it can be considered a drug but mostly the context here is abused prescription drugs or recreational illegal drugs, and alcohol

caffiene imo is a different animal and is not a drug
EDITED_BY: faithinfire (1178737904)

Faith

Mr_JoePart-time genius
59 posts

Posted:
Caffeine is definitely a drug. Drug is not a word that's really subject to local definition. It's not illicit and it's very common, but so is penicillin, which is also definitely a drug.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Caffeine is a drug, as is alcohol and nicotine....

After some setback I'm again smokefree and look forward to he same in alcohol... It just feels nice. I have to admit, that there are only few substances I haven't tried (and of those I have no intention of doing so any time in the near or far future)... I do not recommend or promote drugs, as I am aware that these are only a shortcut. Most of the "states of mind" (or similar) can be inflicted by natural methods (meditation and fasting for say), without the poisoning.

Problem is, that it's not the drug itself, the dose and the way to administer it, but foremost within the personality of the person inflicting it on ones self.

We have lost the traditional way in which drugs have been used and replaced it with ABuse... "recreational intake" - IMHO - is the worst way in which any kind of drug can be taken...

Personally I must say 3 Vodka/Red Bull sometimes left me as the first person coming on and the last person leaving that dance floor - I do not need pills to obtain that and that the intake of certain mind alerting substances has caused a "flow" that was phenomenal.... but that's exactly the point:

Phenomenal! This experience is "not easy" to be repeated (if at all), but the mind tries to grasp and cries for repetition - leading one into abuse and addiction.

Just let me point out that, after months of trying to get one particular move down (cant be bothered with technical terms: one hand is doing pendulums, the other is making a circle... same then on the other side, i.e. I need a poi-dictionary), so after trying to get that for months, it was yesterday that I met !someone! (as in Claus from Austria) in Pra Sumen Park and his "buddhafield" made me do that move instantly... I try to believe in persons and their individual powers, relate to them, rather than to substances...

Next time for EJC, try to come sober (3 days not smoking/ months of abstinence to other mind alerting substances) and you will certainly experience what I'm trying to point at.

wink hug

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
"Most of the "states of mind" (or similar) can be inflicted by natural methods (meditation and fasting for say)"

Boredom and hunger? umm

wink nana tongue

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
I have spun er umm while ''influenced'', and I have spun completely straight. Both very different experiances, and both good for different reasons. I know if I want to learn anything new, I need to be straight, or it'll take me forever to learn. I know that once I have learnt something and can do it, I apply it better when not so straight. I also know that if I have had ANY amount of alchohol that I should not bother unless I'm in the mood for bruises, and if I've had caffein I'll probably get all emotional when my poi tangle.

But thats just me.

ubbrollsmile

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

926 posts

Posted:
caffeine tends not to do it really for me...I guess if Im tired im tired and have to deal with it... but its just easier to take something to keep me up...just some of the other effects are not as fun as they used to be...

I love getting into the flow of dancing and it is easily done and feels great but if the music doesnt appeal to me even if its just one song my energy just toally depletes halfway through...sometimes takes ages just to get back into that frame of mind.... frown and i like to dance!

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

FlamezBRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
I have learnt that you should never drink alcohol before spinning.

Not because you are going to hurt yourself, but because you are going to forget where you have put my poi!!!

Sorry, my bf and his friend lost my poi over the weekend, probably hanging in a tree someware, but the garden looks like a jungle... ubbcrying

"My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely."

"Insanity is my only means of relaxation."

926 posts

Posted:
very true, t2w8x indeed, there is a point when its perfect, but then another activity/conversation/whatever takes over...naturally. Nah I do agree its fun..

Owned by Brenn smile

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
The first time I ever spun fire I was on pills...and considering that had been my first ever spinning experience(With a large staff...I was a majorette when I was 8), I handled it very well. That's not to say that I would do so now, infact...after a good few years of pill popping and nose food...I no longer participate in Drugs, and I have a great time when I go out. Recently I've started spinning again and I just find the more I do it, the more comfortable it feels. But yeah, confidence wise...a lil drink doesn't go a miss!! biggrin

Are you a robot...or an alien?

darkness-beforeGOLD Member
Rock is dead, long live paper and scissors
197 posts

Posted:
Spinning clean? I am a smoker and have to say that this has none of the effects that most other "drugs" have. Nicotene doesn't get you "high" or "mellowed" in the same way other less legal substances do.

I am also an alcoholic. Well, that is that whilst my drinking is not out of control I have come to terms with the fact that you can never be a recovered addict, you simply learn to deal with your problem or you don't. This is often very dependant on the people arround you. The support of your freinds and family.

I don't take chemicals and I avoid prescription medicine unless I'm really suffering. Whilst i may struggle with keeping to the "occasional drink" I would rather deal with this then swear off drink completely. Though some of the times I've been sober and totaly on the wagon have been the best times and expeiriences of my life.

I guess my expeirience is that you are the only person that can control your drug habbit whether its prescription or class A's. If you find a drug addictive then its probbably bad for you in some way or another as most unnatural substances we take are gennerally bad for us in some way. Its just whether or not the drugs bennifits outway the downside. (ie antibiotics) or not (ie my excessive alcohol consumption)

But for those of you that are "clean spinners" fair play to you all I envy your personal strength as people.

Eagles may soar but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines.

Telepath wanted, you know where to apply.

MolochSILVER Member
Shirt-Cocker Extraordinaire
47 posts

Posted:
I just want to ask all the non-drug users and the drug users to get along. And stop trying to evangelize the other party. When one wants to quit using drugs, or to start using drugs, its not hard to find someone "on the other side".

squidBRONZE Member
sanguine
382 posts

Posted:
This thread reminds me of a conversation I had with some friends in Guatemala. The theory was that after you picked up the hang of speaking in Spanish, there came a window in which you would speak more fluidly after having had a drink or two.

You would kind of loose your inhibitions and stop concentrating so hard on the formation of your words, their meanings, their pronunciations.

But as you continued to become more intoxicated, you would start slurring words to the point that even your native language was pretty unintelligible.

Same could be said of spinning. When you are practicing to get the hang of a move or two, you want to be able to focus, concentrate on forming your planes and timing your crossovers, etc. After you have the hang of it, if you find you start making a lot of mistakes simply because of onlooker attention, it may be because you are concentrating TOO hard.

So if you can find a way to "distract" your mind, whether it be through one method or another, you start to loosen up and allow your muscle memory to take a bit more control. Hopefully the result is a renewed smoothness to your spin.

But the more you intake, the sloppier your control will become. Its an inevitable result of allowing your body to become overly distracted from the task at hand.

And like so many above me posted, this is not for Fire. Fire, imo, isn't your friend. Its a beast to be respected and watched. The moment you take your eyes off of it, it is likely to bite you.

"to a man whose only tool is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail." Abraham Maslow

Alex_MarbleSILVER Member
stranger
4 posts

Posted:
i have a friend who we both have been learning poi together at different raves. she does MDMA and i am strictly sober. I have noticed that i am able to figure out tricks aa lot faster then her in those instances. however she has ben able to figure out a lot of stuff faster then me outside of the raves when she drug free so it definitly has an effect on being able to learn tricks.

Page: