ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i was wondering if anyone has used their glow staff and what they thought about it.

https://feraltec.tripod.com/

the pics look fake to me but pretty amazing if they are real .....

bender im looking in your general seeings as your details are the only ones on the worldwide gatherings list

quote:
How these pictures are taken : We use a digital camera with a long exposure capability. The trick is using a long exposure with a flash at the end of it - this way you get to capture the traces of light left by a Light-Stik and when the flash goes off at the end you capture a sharp image of a person twirling it. The flash is very short so the moving body is photografed without bluring .

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
read thy PMs, o twirler of staff!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
they are real, I have played with a few of the staves on several occasions.

The guy that makes them, Ian, a very nice chap

The girl in the first foto, brilliant spinner, totally lovely

Currently on the right side up of the world.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
So, are they worth the cost?

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
that i couldnt say.
I will say, they are a nice peice of equiptment, sturdy, and yes, they do change colour as you spin them.

But i'm always broke and could never afford to spend that much money on a glow toy, even if i really wanted to.

Not the best person to ask, me.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RainbowBRONZE Member
8 posts

Posted:
Hey ! first of all - Flynt , thanks for calling me a nice chap - I think you'r pretty good yourself !

What can I say here , the photos are not fake - they are pretty real.

I think that may-be the high brightness of the light-trails combined with proven photographing technique makes it look to good to be true - so that some may think the pics are not real ... confused

But please keep in mind that these props are intended for showbiz / performance twirling ... they are not cheap flashing toys ! - Feraltec gear is heaps brighter !

It's because these are a pro -equipment (by design) - they look so nice and bright on the photo ... ubbloco

EDITED_BY: Malcolm (1085546518)

Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Wow eek Another blatant plugging. What is the world comeing to? Next thing you know we will all be wearing gasoline shorts on our way to hell. and not because we are naughty! wink

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
i actually got to have a play with one at earthcore last year, if you where to make a slightly heavier one that was 1.5 m then id keen

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?