Andymember
1 post

Posted:
hey all,knew to this board, and curious about E, what is it and how you take it? laterAndy

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
"E" is short for "ecstasy", the street name for MDMA. It's usually taken in pill form.You can find much more high-quality information about E at: Erowid's Ecstasy Page. This page has a menu listing Basics, Dose, Effects, FAQs, and various other aspects of the drug, as well as links to other sources of information.If you need information on other drugs, The Erowid Psychoactive Vaults are an excellent source. And for information on rave culture in general, the HyperReal Archive is also recommended.

EyeStormmember
54 posts

Posted:
Never took it, never will. I'm not anti-drug, by any means, that'sjust my own view. I feel people can to make their own choices about such things. Try www.ecstasy.com for info as well as the sites listed above. I was researching it for a school project, and came upon this site. Supposedly E has been know to cause _*permanent*_ personality changes in people who use it, so be wary about it.

((m/)) --==EyeStorm==--

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
i agree with kmactane & EyeStorm with letting you know what it is, but at the same time i think if you don't really know leave it at that and don't try. drugs are bad for you and they only make the scene look bad! wink No harm everyone, i have friend that do it too!

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hi Andy,Welcome to the Home of Poi. smileCan i suggest you visit (in addition to the sites already suggested) www.bluelight.nuIt is a bulletin board very much like this one, with the exception that it focuses on discussion about ecstasy.The issue of drugs and twirling has been discussed on the home of poi a couple of times before. If you're interested in reading about what was said here, you can use the search function to find the thread. You'll find the search link under the post reply button.------------------Let's not revisit this issue again here. If Andy is interested in discussing anything that came up in the altered states thread he can always post there. His reply will bump the thread back to the front page.Finn smile[This message has been edited by Finn (edited 11 June 2001).]

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I have a few rules about E that I share with newbies when they ask; you can follow them or not but suffice it to say I treat it a lot with a lot more caution than other controlled substances.1. Know your exact dosage and source. Buy a testing kit from https://www.dancesafe.org.
The kit isn't expensive at all, it's easy to use, and you don't have to sacrifice an entire pill to test; you can test a tiny shaving or bit from a capsule. And it's good for probably hundreds of tests..you can make a lot of friends by offering to test their pills! smile Any pill bought on the black market, ESPECIALLY mdma can really be anything, and many serious accidents have been the result of dealers selling cheaper psychoactives (such as PMA or DXM) as Ecstacy. Don't buy a pill from an anonymous source, if you can help it; either in a club, on the street, at a festival. As with any risky purchase, ask around for a reputable dealer.2. When you dose, take ONE dose and ONE dose only - 50 mg is definitely a decent dose and is the de facto 'average' for a pill. Don't be greedy and take more than one pill at once, and when you start to come down, take it like a man and come down. Don't boost and party for another four hours. You can take it. It really will be worse for you in the long run if you try to prolong it.3. Don't dose more than once every four to six weeks. Really. Don't shrug this off. If you're only an occasional user of mood-altering substances in general you especially need to be aware that you'll want to use it again, right away. You'll probably be tempted to pop another one a few days after, or the weekend after. DON'T. Let those cravings run their course and subside. Most people experience a "serotonin hangover" or "terrible tuesday" and feel some degree of depression in the ensuing days after a roll. In my opinion, a good roll is worth a day or two of the blues, but you have to understand that they will happen and you'll just have to let them happen. I didn't believe in the power of psychological addiction before I had my first MDMA experience. Be on the safe side here; you only get one brain in this lifetime. Be gentle with it.4. Plan accordingly. If the set and setting aren't right, don't pop that pill. If you've been feeling kind of depressed lately, are having family or relationship troubles, or if you're not in a place where you feel totally safe and secure, DON'T POP THAT PILL. Sorta like sex, it's worth the wait till you're really prepared. Also make sure you're in a place with good friends, have plenty of drinking water around (carry some around with you if you can, and take frequent little sips). If possible, use it with someone else who's used it before, or have a knowledgable person good friend sit with you through the experience. Also plan not to do anything too stressful for the next day or three after the experience. If you have a meeting with your boss the next day, or lunch with your parents, don't roll. TRUST me on this one. Take it easy for the next few days.5. Remember - it's a powerful drug, but it's _just_ a drug. You can have a beautiful and meaningful experience with it, but it's easy to lose sight of the fact that there will be a point at which you come down and everything won't seem quite as magically wonderful. Be careful what you say and to whom, and bear in mind that if they're rolling too they might be as emotional or vulnerable to suggestion as you are, and may say things they wouldn't otherwise say. Enjoy the high but try to keep one foot on the ground; you'll get a lot more psychological work done and get a much more meaningful experience out of the deal.6. Do your homework. Read the sources listed above, including the good AND bad experience reports. If you've never used another substance stronger than, say, caffiene, E is not a bad one to start with, but you need to be aware of the effects it can have on you going into it. It can be very hard on you. Proceed with some degree of trepidation.7. Be aware of the _bad_ reasons to use ecstacy. Boredom. Loneliness. Depression. Social anxiety. Take your time and ask yourself why you're interested, and if you decide to try it, take a good long time to reflect on what you hope to get out of it, who you'll have with you, and where you'll do it.In the current social climate of hysteria surrounding the use of psychoactives, it can be really hard to know who to trust. The guidelines I use above are by no means everything you need to know, but I hope they impart to you some sense of the degree of caution necessary to use wisely. Taking E is no trivial thing; don't treat it casually. Finally, and I know I'm gonna sound like a total hypocrite, I don't recommend taking E if you're still growing physically. Your brain is still growing too, and MDMA can have serious negative and permanent effects on your neurons. This isn't bullshit. Don't mess around with this stuff yet. You have your whole life to experiment and try things out and there are other things you should be doing to find out who you are and where your life is going.HTH,-eitorp

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Brilliant! Waow, whoever you Mister (Miss?) Anonymous Helper, i have to say this is a very accurate, mature and relevant post. I agree on everything you say and would totally support those guidelines. E is kind of like fire: be careful and prepared when you do it, you don't want to get burned.This makes me wonder why it's anonymous because there's really nothing to be ashamed of on this one. But i'll respect that choice...Cheers,Nomad

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
Anonymous Helper--I agree with much of your advice and disagree with other bits, but all in all, I do agree with Nomad that it was a damned good post. Major props especially for the point about dancesafe.org's testing kits. I think those folks are just fabulous.Nomad: perhaps AH is afraid of police attention? I know I had second thoughts before posting under my own name. Then I decided that I'd rather have guts and fight back against the climate of fear that the DEA (and similar groups in other countries) are trying to create.But I certainly can't blame anyone for choosing the other way. I nearly did myself.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
just writin to re-iterate a few points about 'E':- when you take it the first time dont do a full pill.- SIP water, dont drink alcohol (debatable point depending where ya from) - be with people you trust, in a nice friendly environment ( for me this is usually a bubbly trance night. Drum and bass music fucks with my head.)- try to avoid buying on the night from an unreliable source.- take regular breaks if dancing to cool off.i find fresh air does me good aswell.- for comedowns, eat fuck loads of fresh fruit. sleep if you need to but dont over sleep. dont be tempted to drink too much caffine (prolongs and worsens the situation)(personnally i find a reefer or two and a can of beer do wonders, but thats personnal preference. for my first comedown i didnt drink at all, i just slept, it was ok but its easier to fall into seratonin deficit)- relax and enjoy it, often first timers may experience nausia, - cheap your urine when you go to the toilet (a clear piss meens you are hydrated. if your urine is yellowing, chill and sip some more water.)- dont forget, unlike some drugs (alcohol etc), you are 100% in control. its upto you what happens.if your hot, chill.if your paranoid , change the choons, company, decor etc................................hope i could help,but the most important piece of advice i can offer is be sensible and use your common sense.

the streaking wombatmember
10 posts

Posted:
ok...here's my $.02if your interested in taking e, for the first time, or have already tried it, and are going to again, check out this website...https://www.health-pages.com/ht/index.htmlthis vitamim is legal, and relatively cheap..and it's a godsend for anyone that rolls...i personally have banished that depression that comes after the evening of fun....this pill effectively creates seritonin to replace the seritonin the e had released to give you your enlightening experience...if anyone else out there has tried 5-htp, i would be interested if you have had the same experiences i have....i've noticed no negative side-effects, but can attest to the positive side effects on the website....me and my raving friends all have a bottleplur...------------------this fire and i dance among the stars

this fire and i dance among the stars

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hey streaking wombat, i have never used 5-HTP and am curious to hear how you do it. Do you take it the next day or before going to sleep? How much do you take?nomad

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
My experience is that 5-HTP is a pre-loader. That is, your have it (God this takes me back a while) I think several hours before popping your pure mdma pill (ha!, good luck finding one of those each time). Its a precursor for building seratonin I believe - that and some other chemical develops into seratonin. Thus giving you more of a seratonin 'build up' and thus creating a stronger and more exhilirating experience.I have not heard of someone using it afterwards. Seratonin is not simply manufactured left right and centre just cause you pop a 5-HTP pill. There is a limit to what it does to everyone and that varies from person to person. After e-ing, your seratonin levels are extremely low (thus depression results over the next few days to a week) Not only that - other chemicals that are required for you to feel normal are also drained. Also, your receptors are whacked and chemicals go in and out of doors they normally wouldn't in your brain.Again this varies from person to person. We all have different seratonin levels that let us keep calm and happy - once it drops we aren't as calm and happy as when our levels of seratonin are normal. While I have heard Prozac effective in reducing the damaging effects of ecstasy (it blocks the malfunctioning receptors to an extent) - I would by no means recommend this. I have had annoying side effects from it as well.Playing with your brain is more dangerous than playing with fire. Permanent damage on lab rats brains has been found after dosing them regularly with reasonably high levels of ecstasy. Again it would vary person to person... how do you know its okay for you until you screw up...Simply speaking - 5-HTP does certainly not magically restore your brain with the chemicals it needs to function normally. (although wouldn't it be a good marketing scam for those already selling ecstasy?). And by good I mean bad, you know what I mean. ------------------The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I had a very interesting conversation with Nomad, who informed me that to most people "X" and "E" are the same thing...only here, well at least where the people I know get it from "E" is obviously ecstasy and "X" is ecstasy extra...it is laced with PCP. This just struck a cord in me to make sure you all know what you are getting or asking for where you are.Party well all...------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Pele, they mix E and PCP where you live? Ew! Heavy empathogenic drug mixed with a strong dissociative..bleh! Not my cocktail of choice, but to each their own I guess..Not that I've ever been a big fan of dissociatives in general..especially PCP, which granted I've never used but sounds pretty scary.Thanks for the mad props, Nomad.-eitorp

the streaking wombatmember
10 posts

Posted:
the chemistry as i understand it is the mdma releases seritonin in your brain, and this creates the rolling...so if you have a seritonin pill six hour before, you body will build have more seritonin built up to release...this is one use of seritoninmy suggestion, though, was to use 5-htp to help with seritonin depletion...this is what causes depression after rolling...to do this, simply take it before going to sleep the night of rolling....and i only suggest one pill...i don't think taking more will be of much effect...even when i'm not rolling, i will take 5-htp before going to bed...i've found that it can help me get into deep sleep a lot faster, and i can get a full nights rest in 4-5 hours...handy when i need to get stuff done...from my intro psychology class, our discussion on seritonin was pretty informative too...your brain maintains a certain level of seritonin...it gets low, you get depressed...if it stays really low, it will start having other side...like sleeping problems, overeating (related to depression?), among other things...don't have my books with me, so i won't try to get thorough...but seritonin is our brain's happiness chemical...that's why you'll never see a pissed of roller...they are described as 'e-tards' in my circle of friends...though i don't know if that fits into the thread on raver terms....the advice i've heard from the scene is to take one 5-htp six hours before rolling...this gives a build up of seritonin and will result in a stronger rolling experience...though, be carefull...it's not a good idea to go amplifying your experience before you know how strong your experience is going to be to begin with...you hardly ever know what the mdma in your pill is cut with untill you take it...and sometimes you don't even know then, if you don't pay attention to your body....when you take e, the odds are it's cut with some other drug, so there, your already on two different drugs...a third that amplifys one of these drugs is not always a good idea...the first time i heard about it, my friend who introduced it to me took some before rolling on a camping trip we were on...she is small, ~100 lbs...so drugs tend to affect her a lot more than a big guy like me...she ended up rolling harder than she ever had, and ended up hyper-ventillating during the experience because it was so intense as far as prozac goes, when seritonin is released between brain receptors, it is normally reabsorbed slowly...prozac stops this re-absorption, so the level of seritonin goes up in receptor sites...this fixes depression at the chemical level....but i would'nt consider this while rolling...seems like a harsh thing to do to your brain...release all it's seritonin, and then not let it get reabsorbed...i don't know of the medical repercussions, but i prefer to let my brain function on it's own to some degree...be informed...that's my best advice...do your research from reliable sources, and i encourage you to check-up on the information i've given you as well....i would'nt tell you anything false, but i have'nt been anywhere near thorough...i just switched into the psychology major, and have'nt had too much brain chemistry so far...and as for spat's advice, i agree...5htp is'nt some magical pill to fix you once you've rolled...there's a lot more involved..but i take vitamin c when i get sick, multivitamins to stay healthy, and 5htp when i feel appropriate...use your body's chemistry to your benifit...that's the whole notion behind modern medicine

this fire and i dance among the stars