Page:
StayBeautifulmember
7 posts

Posted:
Anyone else getting theirs tomorrow? Eeek, its so scary that Im feeling nervous already!!!!

Deny your culture of consumptionThis is a culture of destruction

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:
Jemma - were you waiting for results too? How did you get on?

Congrats to Jon! Bet it's a relief huh!

Also just want to say a huge congrats to Fluffy Napalm Fairy!!!

Hope you all have a great night tonight celebrating

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

SmallBoys Evil Twin Brothermember
55 posts

Posted:
Hooo****inRay for all the nippers that got their results today.....anyone that passed can now take another 3 years of pissing it up against a wall and anyone that didn't now has to start their careers.

On the up side for anyone that now considers themselves a failure, is that if you pull your fingers out you'll have 3 years experience by the time all the students join the real world.....and if you do it right you'll be on 30 grand a year when they're doing bar jobs (Worked for me - xxx)

(I did miss out on 3 years worth of abusing my kidneys and shagging everything with a pulse though......(nope actually that's a lie)....)

I don't rebel against the system, I created it for the misery of others.

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
Yipee for all! except those who aint yipeein, in which case instead.

But mostly yipee!

Congrats, specially to jon and fingers crossed for the place at kent man!

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
Mines a triple aftershock...
unlucky, you got better grades than i did. Of course, alevels are getting easier, i'd have gotten at least 10 As if i'd taken them this year

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Hells Baby

Well done Jon! yippeeeeeeee!!!

For anyone who's interested I got much better than I expected - I wanted BBB - I got AAB So I got into the Uni I wanted and all is good with the world......mucho happy drunken fairy

And I know that in a few years they won't matter but right now they do and I'm going to celebrate this to the full - I've worked bloody hard for two years and am soooo happy that it's been rewarded. I even got 100% on two of my art units which has blown me away - I'm more happy with that achievement than I am with the overall grades

Letters don't matter - as long as they set you on the path to where you want to go next. So happy yours have done the same for you Jon

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
hells: still waiting on my result the uni has applied for a merit

evilboy: stop frightening us students !

fnf: yippeeeeeeeeee congrats are u going to uni then? if so what and where?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Congrats, Jon poke back! And congrats to everyone else who's got the results they wanted.

Jemima: I do think it's a bit unfair to suggest that those who get good results at A-Level don't have a life. When I did them 8 years ago, I possibly didn't have a life (hey, I'm not sure I do now), but it's not fair to be reminded of the fact.

Magnus: I was at cambridge too, I'll remind you (at the same time as you), and of course, you all want to know what degree result Magnus got... :-P

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
matthiew i can see where you are coming from but it is important to try and have a blance of work and play. it was meant as a light hearted joke really

i know what its like to worry too much about working hard and forgetting to spend quality time with friends. That is definatly one of THE biggest regrets in my life. Shyness is not something to sing and dance about ya know

sorry ramble over my bad

shake hands

[ 15. August 2003, 12:54: Message edited by: jemmamimajemima (smallgirl) ]

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Jem: sorry. :-)

quote:
Shyness is not something to sing and dance about ya know
can I sigquote that?

For what it's worth, I agree with you about the balance, and I have to say that I don't feel that I worked that hard for my A-Levels (certainly not compared to degree exams which were horrendous), I just happen to have been lucky, I guess.

I do keep wondering if having a physics degree helps doing poi, I think it does, a bit, at least, but anyway, now it's my turn to ramble, it seems.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
phew

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

StayBeautifulmember
7 posts

Posted:
I got 3 c's. Pleased with geography, but disapointed with double art, but hey, thats what happens when u dont have a eacher and you teach yourself for a year. I was aiming for A's I got a's in AS last year. But I guess its kinda gd for having done it with no support.

Deny your culture of consumptionThis is a culture of destruction

Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
yeah we got left to our own devices for a level art, only thing we got taught was to trace photos and colour them in. If we wanted to go 3d our teacher used to give us a really black look. I was the only one in the class to revolt and get the clay out, and i was the only person to get an A in the end

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Page: