Forums > Social Chat > Beating a Horse I Thought was Dead: Fire Breathing

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
In the past month I have been contacted by the friends/relations of no less than 4 people who have tried fire breathing and had it go awry.

This scares me. I remember when accidents were once every now and then, and now...they seem to come out like mosquito's during the summer months.

I am not going to tell anyone not to fire breathe as that would be hypocritical.
However...do not just "decide" to do it and try, which is one of the common excuses. That is sheer stupidity at work. This is extremely dangerous. This is a life and death activity, even for those who go into this practiced and aware. This is also not medically well documented and so hospitals, especially small ones, have issues figuring this stuff out.
So if you simply feel the urge to try it, please think again, and if you decide you absolutely *must* firebreathe....take the time to learn to do it carefully and do it as safely as possible, understanding that you do risk your health and well being **every time** you do it. Your life is worth much more than a stupid fireball.

Healthy breathing to all!

PS...and for those who emailed me on behalf of a loved one, please know that I applaud your concern and desire to help, and will in anyway I can help you out!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Newspaper torches and absenth!

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Don't even go there PWB ...that was really scary!
*shudders thinking about it*

Pele

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I wish that you could come and help me out Pele!! Im still having problems with those young guys at burleigh...I am now ignoring them but they are getting physically threatening towards me even when I havent spoken to them...its like they are baiting me...
If you havent seen the thread its called "burleigh idiots" Burleigh idiots

[ 13. August 2003, 12:05: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
pele i did it last sunday, and i know how luck......VERY lucky i was to come away from it for my first and last time only feeling an upset stomec and no other side affects, i read your article and otheron the net and have now puit it behind me!

belive me i aint ever doing it again!

i was so lucky
later days

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hey val,
i you want, im coming up to brissy for an engo road trip. ill bring 20 engineering students up so we can beat them up! no.... that wont work....theyll all be too drunk....no, but seriously, im up there for a week and would love to catch up for a twirl.

been breathing for about one and a half years. ill give it up when i finish uni. no injurys or singed hairs yet - im fairly paranoid about doing it - only ever for a show, and even then sometimes ive cancelled when i havent felt completely comfortable.
im happy to give you a few tips if you want mech when you come to oz, but its up to you.

toodooloo!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
den thats apreciated, but i have got enough respect for life that i know when its tellin me to have a frre one and let it go, and snuday was deffo life telling me that now i had done it dont do it again!

lifes to short for me to take risks like that, plus clair (best mate punched me soooooooo hard in the cheek that i was kocked to the floor when she found out!)so i dont want to get knocked out AGAIN!

Step (el-nombrie)

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
thanks Den...
I will take you up on it

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele, it would not be hypocritical of you to tell someone that they shouldnt breath fire. Your experiances are testimony in themselves.

It would be like, you out at night walking along a deserted road, you pass someone going the other way and they say, "Hey dont go that way 'cause I just fell off a cliff and had to climb back up!"

Thats not hypocritical, thats being a good person!

I really want to learn how to firebreath, but I am honestly scared $hitless of it.

Pele's experiances have tought me so much and so do her warnings.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for understanding why I put this up.
Ray..it would be hypocritical of me because I intend to do it again. 4 years with no accident, and it is the thing I was best at. I am just waiting until I can be sure I am fully healed. I know what I did wrong and do not intend to do so again. I also know where the medics went wrong, and do not intend to allow that to happen again.

However, I have to say...I know I am stupid. I know it is a stupid act. I do not condone or encourage anyone else to ever do such a stupid, risky thing.

Valura, I just read the link and will post my response there.

Hugs and love to all!

Pele