• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Do you still remember . . .

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 85
Posted:. . . standing in the warm sand of a beautiful beach somewhere in Thailand. Smacking yourself the whole time and . . . The 3 beat weave . . . or standing in a park, at night, practicing alone and smacking yourself even more. Not knowing why you do all this to yourself. And the BHB 3 beat, not knowing that only 10 minutes were seperating me from the 5 beat BHB . . . things you will never forget in your life. The I GOT IT feeling. Priceless. When and where ?!?

Or just the first time you saw a good fire spinner and the feeling you had; that some kind of virus infected you (same beach in my case - the I MUST LEARN THIS feeling)

time to share some memories . . .

Total posts: 60
Posted:i remember walking out over a lonly beach with the sound of the waves beating on the snad and the distant sound of music from the bars filtering down as the rithum of the bass just flowed over me as i was able to just continually spin with fire for the first time with no mistakes and no thought of anything else but the spin, everything was sharply focused but nothing was at the same time, its a feeling i try to acheive every time i spin now.

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:i thought this was a thread about the spice girls...

Great balls of fire
Total posts: 643
Posted:There's bits i'll always remember - not first seeing poi at glasto - but when i started to learn

it was when i first managed a proper butterfly - and helplessly yelped and dropped the poi in shock at quite how trippy all that fabric rushing around me was my brain still going "but but but but it MUST collide!" nope it just keeps on going and going

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6207
Posted:i rember that felling too, on a beach spinnig and watching a sun set with my friends!

true happyness

Step (el-nombrie)

Total posts: 2109
Posted:Practicing the butterfly alone in my living room for hours, wearing nothing but boxers. My mom walks in the room for a second to see what Im doing and all of a sudden I get it. BAM, swift tap to the nuts. A memorable moment for my mom at least...

Ah, the good ol days

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.