Forums > Social Chat > how do you cope with the heat?

Login/Join to Participate

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
https://www.jemimadonald.co.uk/TOOHOTCOLOUR2POSTER.jpg

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
"with difficulty" ? Oh, and lots and lots and lots of water - preferably with ice in...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i wear a white tee, and drink loads of fluids....but i sweat like a muppet under a lamp, and hate it, i cant wait till winter comes aorund, cos i dont feel teh cold!

happy days

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quote:
but i sweat like a muppet under a lamp
hmmmm. must have missed that episode.....

quote:
i dont feel teh cold!

is that cos of the 'issues' discussed in the 'poi phenomenom' topic? i also dont feel cold in winter - i put it down to 'internal insulation'

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Take a clue from the people who live in the hottest rejoins of the world. Wear loose, baggy, flowy clothes, use lots of anti-persprent, carry around the A/C, and drink lots of water! Enphisis on water, alcohol, though a fluid, dehydrates you

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
well... when its late at night... like at 04:05 maybe... i know that the milk man has been doing his rounds since 3.30. as a student, its my duty to know when the milk man comes.

just followed him, right on schedule, picked up a couple of pints after he drives out of the street, jump into a couple of allys, and catch him on the next one.

all in a nights work....

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dentrassi:
quote:
i dont feel teh cold!

is that cos of the 'issues' discussed in the 'poi phenomenom' topic? i also dont feel cold in winter - i put it down to 'internal insulation'

do you want a slap, i dont feel the cold, cos walking around at night is not cold, gpo and fdo training with the army in a field for 3days and nights with only one pair of clothes tha are soaked to teh skin and its snowing, tehn its cold.....AND ONLY THEN!

dentrassi....im comming for you, no really i may be cumming to auz soon, so fancy a spin???

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
yay!
we can have a gut competition!!! would love to catch up for a spin. although youd better be careful how you say 'cumming to auz' as some ppl may get the wrong idea.... or the right idea depending upon your target audience.
drop us a PM when you know your schedule is. i spin with the glebe crew on thurday, and whenever else i generally feel like it.

funky, im confused are you saying you keep cool by creeping out in the early hours of the morning and stealing the neighbours' milk?

ray
quote:
Wear loose, baggy, flowy clothes, use lots of anti-persprent
that also describes teenagers at any time of the year

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
at the hottest part of the day, find a pool, get in it and refuse to come out until it starts to cool down again. Remember to use sunblock, and be prepared to deal with confused/angry pool owners.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

funkymonkymember
192 posts

Posted:
"funky, im confused are you saying you keep cool by creeping out in the early hours of the morning and stealing the neighbours' milk?"

nothing nicer then a nice cool bottle of milky goodness half way through the night to chill you out!!!

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
enjoy it!
heat is wonderful and a clear blue sky is the nearest thing to heaven.
but if it does get too hot, swims or showers, liquids (not too cold and with lots of salts in them) and the brilliant too-hot-to-move "siesta" when the sun is at its peak.

oh and lots and lots of ice-cream

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
water hun!!!!
drink it, swim in it, spray it...
tis the only was to feel relief..
take this from a kiwi who is stuck in VERY HOT AND SUNNY queensland australia...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
it was 116 the other day! now thats a hot temale still i have seen far worse. like ray says. loose clothes (gotta get the breeze up your leg )no black, tank tops and water. also it helps to kinda zone out and not think of it. dont zone out to much while your drivin though SCREEEEEEECH.

oh ya avoid confrontations people are just plain nasty in the heat i have noticed. everyones ready to flip.

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Fly to San Francisco. It's about 22 degrees here, quite pleasant really.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
I'm going to have to agree with that one Ow. Dipping my toe in the Pacific cooled me down quite adequately.

Perfect temperature here but I'm presuming you're also on your way to the Nevada desert? It's going to be pretty hot there I reckon. Can't wait!

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

mtx98tibmember
15 posts

Posted:
i am with raymund

quote:
Take a clue from the people who live in the hottest rejoins of the world. Wear loose, baggy, flowy clothes, use lots of anti-persprent, carry around the A/C, and drink lots of water! Enphisis on water, alcohol, though a fluid, dehydrates you

the majority of the summer it has been around like 103 here in kansas. and everyday i have been wearing baggy jeans and a black t-shirt and i have never felt more comfortable.

or i guess i am just proving dentrassi right about being a teenager and dressing like that all the time.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Valura...are you still stuck in OZ? coz it's friggin freezing here in NZ!

(And i usually like the cold)

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
dang people and their cold ressistance! whining about the cold is one thing, but i also tend to enjoy whining about people who enjoy it...brrrr
:puts on thermal blanket:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
When it gets cold, you can always put more layers on.

When it's hot, there's a limit to what you can take off...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance