Forums > Social Chat > Today I saw Ash Circle.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
AchluophobiaBRONZE Member
Magical Sock Dancer
255 posts

Posted:
This would be the second time I've seen fire Poi in real life, and for the second time I was blown away by it. Stuff like that is why I keep spinning.

I got to talk to Loki too. he asked if I went to home of poi.

The rope torch and contact fire were really cool too.

...phobos...member
56 posts

Posted:
yo-ho! Its me, otherwise known as Phobos..i cnat get into my other account so i had to make this one. Im also up for the whole 'waterfront spin thingy' if thats going to be put together. Ash Circle has really inspired Dawn, Rosie and I to be the best (and safest!) we can be so I think i public show-off with other spinners is in order...

Speaking of ash circle, I had no idea that so many people were influenced by those cool-cats. Im not surprised, but still.....thats wicked!
I guess thats all i gotsta say. Im off to print off some new moves to learn. Gotta bone up on my skills!
See ya!

man, it makes you wanna shoot them in the face and beat them with baseball bats, doesnt it?

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
I've got two REALLY awesome pictures of Ivan fire breathing! I didn't even know I could take such a good picture O.o I don't have extended film though so the pictures of Loki/Rick are not that good (stuuupid camera).

Me and Blaze/Jade are going downtown again on Tuseday (I think)... Everyone is invited! Unless of course the weather realizes that its been the same for four days straight ^^;

~Cerberus~+Something simple+

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
hey any room in this gathering of poi people for a lonley boy and his rope torch?

some will understand. -buddah

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
sooooo we came in third for the peoples choice awards ( still better than a kick in the head )

that means we wont be around next halifax buskerfest ah well such is life

you guys don't know how happy i am to see that you all have the proper safety gear and whatnot

showing responsibility is a good way to become credible in the eyes of the majority

( plus if the local fire community behaves we'll never have a problem performing in halifax )

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
but...but...but you didn't win last year and you still came back!

P*L*U*R

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
but your still staying in halifax right? this IS your home...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
yes halifax is my home

we are not gonna leave .. just perform in someplace else during buskerfest

how could we leave halifax what with all the great performers soon to be around

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
What do you mean you're not coming back?! *sighs* That means you have to come out to perform in Calgary during the Stampede, 'kay? 'Else I'll have to move to Halifax... Which, in itself, isn't such a bad prospect, seeing as there's so many spinners out there... Anyway, thought I'd express my regrets that you only came in third- I was TOTALLY looking forward to flying back to Halifax for Buskerfest. Which I still might do. But will be saddened by your un-presence.

... right.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
great to hear ivan... any chance of a "return of amber" show?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
Ivan,rick will you guys be preforming around home during the buskers???¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
we're really not too sure where we'll be during that time chance are good we'll be else where unfortunately but no worries we'll be around after all ( as i have said before ) this is our home ...

hehehe

coming soon to a town near you ASH CIRCLE !!!!

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
About the Amber question, we might do a street show sometime when Amber's down to visit, but as far as Amber rejoining the troupe, it looks doubtful. Still, she says she misses performing. I doubt she's found her lifelong calling just yet (Environment Canada not quite fulfilling her all the way).

Ash Circle's next thing will be about 1:45pm at Parade Square for Breakfast Television (airing on Saturday), and then Saturday night, probably parade square.

floo.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
is this 1:45pm on friday? i'd assume if its for Breakfast Television and its airing on saturday it'd have to be proformed on friday.. .lemme know, i wanna check it out... perhaps get a few pictures. I'll try to be at the friday night show.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Ummm... Breakfast television doesn't air on saturdays...

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Yeah, it's airing on Monday. Oops.

This is a callout to all you cats. We're doing a show or two on Parade Square Saturday night (Oct. 4), probably our last chance to do street before it gets too cold and we get too busy with the Vaudeville shows and Singapore and whatnot. Afterward, everyone could gather and have a spin. Could be fun.

Anyone with drums, it would be great to have them there. I'd love to do some spinning to live drums again.

Poi circle anyone? Continuous fire, one circle of people, live drums. Tell me what you think.

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
I like I like!!

Um... tomorrow... hmm... Nooo! I think I may be babysitting.... I'll see what I can do T.T Especially since I HATE babysitting with a passion BEYONG belief... Noooo!

If I do get to go... I don't have any drums, sorry! But now I want to go SOOOO bad!

*bawls*

Oh, and Rick, have you checked out the Hallowe'en in Halifax string? It'd be awesome if you guys wanted to join, if it gets off the ground. We still don't know where it's gonna be, unfortuantely.

[ 04. October 2003, 09:33: Message edited by: Bobo DCL ]

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Aww, i'd love to have us all spinning, uno problemo however. My kevlar didn't come in, so i am without fire wicks. And another problem... theres a shortage of Smokeless Odorless Lamp Oil in HRM. I'll try my luck tomorrow morning though. And perhaps if i get a chance i'll make a set of Towel Wicks... if i can figure out how.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
ok, so now i am without an old towel, and was going to use a coat hanger due to lack of good wire/mesh. So everything is working against me... i'll be there with my camera though... perhaps someone has an extra pair of wicks they could lend me :puppy eyed look: :pout:

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Hey, DD, I have some wire... *cough* Actually its Bobo's wire that she has wanted back for the last while... oops... you didn't see that! But anyways, you could probably borrow some of it when your kevlar shows up. Til then, if I show up tomorrow then you could borrow my poi when I'm not spinning. As for lamp oil... there is no way to not sound like a wad for saying this... try WalMart ^^ Thats where Blaze and I get ours... though some don't like it because its a bit more smokey then others *shrugs* I'm used to it and when I'm spinning I don't notice much anyways.

Ok, I don't know about drums Loki but I could attempt to drum on some trash cans for you! ... but I would suggest a pair of ear plugs as I've never tried drumming in my life ^^
By the by, what time would you be doing your preformances on saturday night(aka tomorrow)?

~Cerberus~+Something simple+

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Thanks Cerberus, but the wire was going to be to make a pair of towel wicks tonight. I'm almost completely ready for when my kevlar comes in.
I went out and bought enough copper pipe to make 2 small wicks and 2 double wicks. I've got 6feet of kevlar coming in, 1ft for each cylinder, and i'm going to do the Towel core thing, and i've got some Kevlar Thread coming in aswell, i'm going to experiment with that a little. But yes, i get off work tomorrow at 5, i've got a little work i've got to do in the morning aswell, and i'll drop into a few stores to check for fuel. After work i'll pick up my bag from home and head over to parade square. Though i'd love to know the time it starts.

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I'M SO THERE! I've been itching for a good spin lately and having everyone there would be spectacular! DarkDevil, I'm sure you could use the wicks of mine you used last time since I can't use two sets at once.
Also, my sister and I have been to many hysterix circles and stuff like that so I'm sure I could scratch up a hand drum or two, though don't expect any expertise...

P*L*U*R

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
it was a good show other then that idiot on the bike, i wanted to spin but the police showed up just after the show and informed us there iss a fire ban in the hrm presently
other note; darkdevil when we gonna work on our rope dart skills, cuz your the only other person around here who other then rick who does rope dart if we could do some sort of routine that in volve both of our torches at the same time that would be awsome.yay!!!!!!!!!!

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
It would be, your gonna have to show me some tricks though, all i know are basic foot pops, that shoulder wrap thing, shoulder wrap to neck wrap, and what i'll call a Elbow Pop... But yea.. we should... i also wanna get a pouch for Coffee Mate for when i get into Rope Torch so i can do fireballs while spinning...

exsulisnewbie
1 post

Posted:
things change eh?

it's three years later .. and ash circle ... performing again at the halifax buskerfest..... but it's different.. and the fan club is different.. grown a little in age and shrunk a little in size... and though it is hard to believe we topped the NYsB show ... it just kept getting better.. who knows where it will stop?

oh thats right.. i do .

think i'll form a liz and rosie fan club...

-ivan

new name... same ivan ... yes.. that ivan

Page: