DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Star studded california lineups....

He said he'd be back

Speaks for itself...anyone got an opinion on this one?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
First thought, only in California.
Second thought, only in America would someone who can barely speak American be in contention for an office...and he will probably win.

However, because I am feeling strangely contrary today (lack of sleep methinks), in Latin America many of their political (non-military) leaders are heralded artists...writers, painters, etc. They are national treasures, not gossip rag fodder. So from the artist perspective, then I think it is a step in the right direction, though not who I would pick at all.

Then again, Pro Wrestler Jessie Venture did a pretty good job with his stint in political office I understand...so why the hell not? Performance industry is mostly politics and business anyway, and who better than a cheesy actor to smile at the media and unbelievably say stupid things like "While I tried it, I did not inhale." or "We will hunt them down like the wild animals they are." (and those are Presidential quotes! )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Fire Monkeymember
176 posts

Posted:
Not really a gym more a converted floor of a house, and appearently they tought him english too.

Every ones a monkey!
Yes even you!

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hey, does'nt he even become president in a few years,
ono wait, that was just a film, phew

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
can we please stop the character bashing people, just because they are celebs does not mean they cant care about stuff, and may have a trait that makes them better,

i bet when you walk down the street and tell a total stranger that you can do poi they dont know what you mena until they give you a chance to show them!?

give arnie a chance!

later days

Step (el-nombrie)

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
On an empathic level, I agree with Mechhead.

However, thats the price of fame in some careers. Any adult who chose that career path in the 40 years or so knew exactly what would happen to their life. With the money, and the fame, comes all the rest of it.

If you don't want the rest of it, don't take the money or fame...

And somehow, choosing a political career kinda means he's not to shy of the limelight huh?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
*reading back over thread* Methinks Mechhead is a bit overly defensive. Where is there character bashing going around? He is a cheesy actor and I was bashing our Presidents past and present!
*wonder how long the FBI file is on me after all the bashing I have done online*

And, anyone who has ever seen/read anything about Arnie knows he is a savvy businessman. He is one of the many who did well with their money in Hollywood.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I just said "While I tried it, I did not inhale" in my best Arnie voice.....brilliant.

Ronald Regan was an actor (although b class me thinks). You can't give anyone a hard time for giving Arnie a hard time, c'mon look at him. Having said that everyone loves him (or should I think....he's hilarious) and I'm sure he'd tell you himself he wants or needs nobody's sympathy....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Pele:
Where is there character bashing going around?

there....ther is the bashing, you are taking a person on their public face, i am always against talking about what celebs are doing,because i doint know them in their private home, they could be teh total oposite!

He is a cheesy actor and I was bashing our Presidents past and present!

its ok the file on you is too big to lift or even open so they wont put anything in it anymore

Step (el-nombrie)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
I agree with Mechhead. I guess if you're at the top some people just wanna take ya down a level.
There are a few people on HoP have migrated from another country to make another start in life, meself being one.
Arnie represents just how far you can achieve, and let's not pretend it didn't take a lifetime of hard work and perseverance. Just for that he's a hero of mine!
he came from a humble background, 14 and skinny in Austria, a district of Australia. Only in Europe.
i 4 1 am a huge arnie fan! so ...COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!

btw have you dudes heard the commentary track fro the collector's addition of the first Conan? it's _hilarious_!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
Yay for the american dream

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
arnie i read what he wants to do a he has alot of clarity, he stands for equality we wants gay people to have the right to get married a few education changes we seems like he truley wants to make a diffrence,
well what other reasons would he want to do it for.
according from the tabloids he has made close to 60 films most of which the min he gets is 20 mil not including his roylities i think its safe to say hes worth a billion at least SO HES NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY, he does not agree with violence .
well it seems to me why not he has got to better than most the red necks over there any ways.
VOTE ARNIE I WOULD

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
heh if the slim possibility that he ever becomes US pres is realised, who are we gonna get to play the US president in action films thereafter?!
I wonder what the secret service think about protecting John Matrix from Commando, 24/7?

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

borismcnorrisprofessional pedant
137 posts

Posted:
did anyone else see the ace documentary about arnie on tv last night? superb. he used to live in london you know.

Latest new from pedants corner : He won't ever become president cos you have to be born American to become president (unless they change the law of course).

A warrior always returns to the fray. He never does so out of stubbornness, but because he has noticed a change in the weather - Paulo Coelho

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
P, you said that he could
quote:
barely speak American
surely that was a touch harsh - let alone untrue - He has a strong accent.....

Sorry go back to your chat.

Meh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i always wondered why a terminator - who could imitate any voice, spoke in a strong austrian accent....maybe its just more intimidating??

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
i don't know what to think about that, it might be really good or really bad, i hope it gets really good...

i like the way he approaches it, with humour and stuff, i just love two things he has said(or i heard he had). i can't quote, coz i don't remember exact words, but one was about how he owned a lot of money, so nobody could "buy" him, and the other one was about that he was such a bad actor, he wouldn't be able to lie to the people without them noticing

well, we'll see what happens...
hehe TO BE CONTINUED...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda