flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
(I recently saw a thread on another BB with this subject and thought we could use it here.) Ok - lets see how many HOPers have had experiences of supernatuaral/spiritual entities or experienced and seen inexplicable occurences. I guess I'll start this, but please this is a serious discussion and I would like people to feel encouraged to share their experiences so any crap *will* be deleted. mwahahahahahaaa.I own a 'vortex'. This vortex sucks objects out of this dimension and returns them to me at a later date. This vortex is attached to me, rather than being attached to a place - it has even followed me around the world. I have many examples of the vortex 'borrowing' things but one of the most outstanding occurances was in my final year of highschool. My boyfriend had a really nice signet ring that he'd owned for years and years and, being in puppy love at the time, I begged him to let me wear it for a while. The ring was too big for me, fitting very loosely around my middle finger and even my thumb, but because I "wanted to remember my love at every waking moment" (vomit!) I insisted on wearing it to school every day. After about 3 weeks of me wearing this ring I came home from school one day and realised that it wasn't on my finger. I completely flipped out, knowing the sentimental value the ring held for my man. I called him up, in tears, and informed him that I had lost his ring, probably at school. He was disappointed, but being the angel he was (and still is), he pleaded with me to not feel so bad.The next day at school, my friends and I spent every spare moment searching through the grass etc around our usual hang outs. nothing. I even had the teachers send out an announcement that the ring was missing and to keep an eye out for it. nothing. I turned my school bags, lockers, bedroom and living rooms upside down. nothing.Weeks passed and still nothing. It was over - the ring was gone. frown I felt very guilty about it and thought about the ring often. One day (a Saturday) about 6 weeks after I lost the ring, I was studying in my bedroom. I needed something else from my school bag so went to it and - wait for it - the ring was sitting ON TOP of my school bag! There's no way it came from anywhere that I hadn't thoroughly searched already and to be sitting on top of my bag that I had already gotten stuff out of earlier in the day is baffling. I confronted my parents about it - they didn't take it and give it back to me just to spin me out; they aren't that trippy.That's my first real recollection of the vortex. I have many more examples for the sceptics and anyone who knows me understands that if I want something, I won't stop till I got it - i.e if something is lost in my house, I will search until it has been found. when it mysteriously reappears on my coffee table a week later....go figure.I also have experiences with a ghost, but more on that later.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I was born and raised a spiritualist/pagan. If I were to get into it, this note would be a mile long. So my answer will be yes to spirits, yes to funky readings (I do Tarot and past life readings), things coming up missing and then reappearing for no apparent reason, my son even has a friend he calls ghost that he can only talk to or see in the upstairs of our home. But...I have two quick stories I can share.Two days ago my grandmother and I were chatting over many topics, legalization of pot for medical use, parents getting too hyper over children's minor illness, my cousin having a baby (and I haven't seen her in 5 years) as well as a few other family issues/jokes. In the 24 following our conversation everything manifested itself somehow. We watched the news where the two mid-line stories were the legalization of pot in Nevada for medical use and the vote resurging in NY again, as well as a doctors issue being filed about parents giving children over the counter meds out of fear of minor illnesses. Then I ran into my cousin with her new baby that night, after 4 years. And all of the family things we discussed actually came to pass. My mom has forbidden me to talk with grams unless it is about winning the lotto.The other is when we moved into this house we had someone constantly knocking on our back door, but no one is there. At least ten of us have gone to answer it. Once we stopped trying to answer the door, the knocking stopped. He now paces our upstairs hall instead, but he's a rather nice fellow.Okay...so those are the most recent two.next?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Flash, you've read about some of my experiences with the 'other plane' winkTwice that I can recall I've had vivid dreams that have come to fruition in real life. The best one was having a nightmare about being pulled over by the police in my local neighborhood. I woke up, sat bolt upright and my heart was pumping, I was so shitscared because they were throwing the book at me and I thought they were going to take my license away. (I should mention that I generally don't buy into ppls dreams cause I swear some ppl make this kinda shit up)Two days later, just down the road (it was 100 percent accurate, probably 50 metres away from where the dream occured) I was pulled over after giving a girl a lift in someone elses car. I was at a party and was the only one who hadn't been drinking. I was offered a car to transport a young girl home. I didn't have my license but was going straight to my house to pick it up (it was only 1 km away!!) along the way. I was booked by the pigs for driving without a license even though I explained the situation (they wouldn't even follow me to see my license first, which, was crap considering I was saving a young girl a LONG walk by herself at 2 in the morning, anyway).Just spooky considering the dream just before. This happened again but I've crapped on enough!! grin

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
ok so this could possibly be just a really weird cooincidence....while working on my honours project, which involved a lot of camping at my study site, i would have a lot of time to sit and talk about random stuff with my advisor who was there training me to band the birds. he is one of those people who is full of stories and he had lived in New Guinea for quite a long time so he had a lot of stories about it. he was telling me one night over dinner about this explorer (not cook, somebody else) who had sailed around new guinea mapping the coast line and documenting languages, and how this explorer had gone away for 20 years and when he came back the coast line had totally changed and the villages were mysteriously gone and a language gone extinct, and there were new Islands there...volcanos of course. the coast had been totally wiped out by a tsunami. i forget why he was telling me this story...but anyway when i got back to civilization the next day it was all over the news that there had been a devestating tsunami that previous night (about 2 hours after that converstion) in Northern New Guinea that killed a lot of people and wiped out some villages. so we vowed never to discuss natural disasters again.Pereps. isnt the vortex caused by fairies? wink i read somewhere there's something you're supposed to write on a piece of paper (the name of the fairy?) which you put under a rock until the fairy gives you back whatever it is they took. need this for a book i have missing actually.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Scary..When I was maybe five years old I was playing with my dolls in my room which faces the bathroom. It was Saturday and people were in and out of the bathroom all evening so I didn't pay much heed. At one point I head a noise in the bathroom and looked over. The light was off but I could see a shadow in the bathroom. 'Daddy' I called but he didn't answer. I called again and moved to the door. I don't know what I saw in the bathroom that night. Was I imagining things - but I can still see what I saw then. The shadow in the bathroom was just that, a shadow of a man holding an old fashioned razor. I was frozen for a moment and then rushed down to the kitchen and brought my toddler brother with me to investigate. There was nothing there. I told me friend in school and I was ridiculed. After 20 years that left a hell of an impression on me. It was after that I started having nightmares for years, and I have never been comfortable about been alone in the dark since. When I am at home, late at night and alone I run down the corridor, shut my eyes and turn on the light in the bathroom as sometimes I still feel that same fear as I had when I was a kid.When I was thirteen I started having deja vu a lot and about 6 weeks before I went to the gaeltacht (an Irish summer camp). That summer I had a dream that my Grandmother died. Later when I was in the gaeltacht I had word that my Grandmother was sick. The night before I was due to go home just before our curfew we were taking a group photo and I suddenly felt a deep heavy sadness. The next day I packed clothes to wear to a funeral and was not surprised when I arrived home and my sister asked to go straight to the hospital to hear my grandmother had died. My grandmother died the night before at around the same time that group photo was being taken.Miraculous cures..My sister nearly went blind when she was a kid from an eye infection. Nothing worked and the doctors were convinced she was going to go blind in her left eye. My mother had her blessed with the glove of Padre Pio and after a couple of days her eye was better. When she was 21 the same problem flared up again and once again creams and medicine didn't work - been blessed with the Padre Pio glove did.Tempting fate..When I was in primary school, around 11 years old my headmaster got cancer for the second time and (nearly) everyone was elated when he came though. One of the guys however sickly joked "better luck next time", which sent a chil down my spine. 3 years ago, my old headmaster lost the battle to cancer the third time round.My boyfriend often teases me that I am psychic as often when he says something I know what he is going to say next. I however think that it is that I have a pretty good memory and know my boyfriend pretty well. Maybe the potential is there though. I'm not a superstitious person but I do believe in the supernatural and 'other forces', whether it be God or whaterever. The world is too full of co-incidences for them to be co-incidences------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
heh - once whern I was 6 I was sitting at home and decided to just draw out schematic diagrams of imaginary aircraft, one looked a little bit like a space shuttle the other looked like a concorde. I did it in that kinda engineering cutaway view - I did them in a2 size - ie big, poster sized. a couple of weeks late I recieved in the mail 2 posters of engineering style cutaways of the space shuttle and concorde from my godfather in England. He had never sent me anything like that - and he never did again. He didnt tell anyone he was going to send them..but I predicted it - I even produced proof.Spooky.Josh

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
WARNING: BLATANT SARCASM AHEAD!!!yes, this is all *very* interesting, but why aren't you guys posting on a psychic or supernatural site? there are enough of them around...i like to think of the HoP as a place where we can discuss FIRE SPINNING....

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
that's why we have the *social discussion* section silly grinPere

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
ok so i was in my dorm room and i was going to bed and my sister was visiting and she was already asleep. i did not locked my door and i was wearing a tank top and pj bottoms.in the morning my pants were off and up by my head. first off if i kicked my pants of in my sleep they would be at the bottom of my bed not next to my head. secondly when i woke up in the morning i noticed the door was locked. ~now my door could lock from the inside (push the button in). if you push the button and close the door , the button pops open, therefore it's not possible to lock the door and leave unless you have a key.third of all my windows have locks on them and you need a key to get in from the outside, i dont even have a key for then , i can only open them from the inside.now i dont know if this is spirit related or if some one is i just severly messin with me but it was a odd experience.i've never encounterd any sort of spirit but i think the idea is facinating and kinda hope someday i will meet one.------------------the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

Plazmamember
73 posts

Posted:
i had a similar experience where everything i said in a conversation with a friend surfaced that day! spookyler! shocked Pele, you still inta the pagan stuff? curious here smile ! anyway, loven' this topic, keep the reply's comming! grin------------------My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master![This message has been edited by Plazma (edited 09 June 2001).]

My World is a world of one, and in being one they Rave! My World is a Godly World and I am its master!

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I guess I'm the official Scully of the group. (First season Scully, not pregnant alien breeder Scully) Nothing wierd ever happens to me. Ever. In fact, if something wierd is happening, and I walk in the room, it will stop. My friends are often quoting "Hey remember that time that wierd... oh no wait you weren't there..." I even had a friend call me up who was scared of some strange noises in her appartment. I went over. She hasn't heard the noises since.I can even jinx myself by posting this and guess what... nothing wierd will happen.Wierd huh?

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
BUMP! any of the newer people got some spooky stories to tell?

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
3 months later, tried to jinx myself, still no stories. smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Nezzamember
8 posts

Posted:
I fully believe in all this. My mother is quite psychic-ish, and is also part way thru a Jin Shin Jyutsu course, which is sort of like "hands-on" healing. Her hands get really, really hot, (she normally has ice-cold hands all the time) and they tingle. A couple of weeks ago she was running a stall with another JSJ lady, and got to have her aura photographed. It's huge, and extends about a foot & 1/2 around her. And the freakier thing, as she was holding it in her hands showing her friend, the colours in the photo started to change colour! My brother is quite accurate with a pendulum, and my boyfriend hears 'someone' in his room breathing heavily in & out. I believe in life after death, we've had proof of that. The only trick I have, is if I ask for a parking space, I can usually get one right outside or close to the shop I want, or with money still on the meter. Oh, and the other weekend, some sod stole my bag at the pub in Christchurch, with my car keys & drivers licence. None of the bartenders would help me so I left, feeling upset at being stranded in Chch. I asked my cousin (who was killed a few yeas ago) for help, and a bit later, had a real strong feeling that even though it was way past closing time, that I should go back to the pub and ask if anyone had seen my bag again. To cut it short, I did, and a while earlier, someone had handed my bag in. It's nice to know that someone is looking down on me!

The very existance of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done. - George Carlin

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
BROC-OLI

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
mwahahahaaaa!!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ROTFL!! smileYou rock NYC.If you come to Aus, we _have_ to hook up.ok we dont _have_ to, but I think it would be nice smileand if you want to see something weird - You should see Katinca go from a butterfly to a Weave..Now THAT defies the laws of Physics!Josh

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
It's on my list Josh, it's on my list. And from what I've heard of you guys, I'm planning on moving in. It cracks me up that you guys are BELOW me. Not east or west but DOWN. I once heard that if you dug straght down from the Statue of Liberty you'd end up in Australia. Guess I need a bigger shovel.If I could just get a stopover in France too... A little raspberry jam and tea might be nice too... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Ok i have to get in on this.. Ive grown up hearing my grandparents tell ghost stories from Tennessee. Believe me they have a million of them. From having to burn my moms bed because it would shake all night, to finding cousins (4 yrs old) in the morning in their bed with their pajamas off, their blankets, pillow cases, sheets, and covers all pulled off the bed and military folded and creased at the foot of the bed in the morning.I have always been intrigued, but i have always dismissed things i have seen untill these last few years. I have never been scared of the dark or of scary movies or believed in tarrot cards or palm readers....i think now that i have gotten older i have been checking out sites on the web, watching every show that is supernatural realted on tv, and reading everything i see on the subject. I have had a few occurences that i could not explain that led me into this new curiosity. I have become fascinated with it now as well i have come to the conclusion that i am in touch with something. Something that allows me to pick up on supernatural vibes, and allows them to pick up on me.Experience #1) i dismissed this when it first happened. Alone at home after school just laying on my bed relaxing. Im 14. ive been in there about 10 mintues and my stereo comes on. There is no alarm on it or anything, and it was turned off when i was in the room. When i lean over to turn it off, it shuts off. This happens three times in a row. i decide i am going to leave the room. "Electrical disturbance or something"i go into the Kitchen to get something to drink, as i walk out into the living room, the pantry door comes open and a box of something had seemed to have flown out the doors and onto the floor. The doors stay closed magnetically. I didnt touch them or even go near them when i walked in to the kitchen. I dismissed this as well. BUT id did wierd me out, so i went outside.Experience #2) I have always had eerie feelings in my grandparents house. I always had that constant feeling of someone in the house with me at all times. Day or night alone or not. I just found out that the guy that owned the house before them had killed himself quite grusomely in the kitchen. Experience #3) Wife's parents house. Someone died in this house as well back in the 70's. It was a man that was killed by what i think was a burgler. Wifes mom is real big on the angel thing. Shes always claiming she is seeing faces in old pictures and shit. She points out how one of the dogs they have will sit in front of the far wall and just stare at it. Bandit (hes a small pug dog) will sit there for two or three television shows and stare at that wall like hes watching something. Hes not tracking a bug or anything because its in the same place everytime. he does it like once a month. She use to say it was a ghost. i laughed it off.One night before we were married i stayed there at her parents house to spend the night. (she was still living with them) I was in her brothers room (he was out drinking) playing playstation. Its 2:00am or so. I can see her parents bedroom door and the bathroom door which are directly across the hall. Both are closed. Crystal (my wife) is in her bed with the door closed as well. if you open any door or window in the house you get a so noone else was in the house. Everyone has been asleep for at least 3 hours. The only light on in the house was the light from the tv i was playing games on. While i was playing, out of the corner of my eye, i saw a large figure standing in the doorway. I thought i was her dad cause he is a big guy. I didnt look directly at the figure cause i was into the game i was playing. I said "what are you doing up"...no answer "ooook"...i look a little to my left and saw the shadow figure and I said "whats going on?".... still no answerso then slightly annoyed paused the game and turned my head and looked into the hallway, and there was noone there at all. 2 mintues before that there was someone standing in that hallway in front of the door. I was like whatever..so the nexzt moring, we are all in the kitchen , everyone is in their pajamas. I walk in there and he was getting something out if the fridge. i ask him why he was standing in the doorway last night looking at me like a freak. He looks at me sort of crazy and responds in typical military form "what the hell are you talking about you retard?" I told him i saw him lastnight standing in the hallway. He said he never left them bed last night...then it dawned on me. i never saw or heard their door open. Their bedroom door also beeps because it is tapped into the alarm as well. I didnt hear crystal get up either. I never spent the night in that house again... ill save my best for later..Superman

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hmm.... I've had various odd experiences and eerie ones through my childhood to the current. When I was about 8 months old my father died suddenly after only a couple years of marriage to my mother. The story goes that they were very, very much in love. I have absolutely no conscious recollection of my father. All I know is my mom is still heartbroken to this day.However, around the age of 8/9 I dreamt my dad was dying and was on a stretcher being taken away to the hospital. In his final words before he was taken and I awoke. He told me to tell my mother that he still loved her.I have very lucid dreams, and when people die that I am close to,I have fairwell dreams from them to me or other people.I have experience with "ghosts" on several occasions. After I purchased an old quilt from a thrift store strange things started happening around the house, which I thought were coincidental at first. My first encounter, I saw the face of a girl in a dark room. I felt a little weird about it, but blew it off as a fluke. Things started happening such as knocking on walls, sounds of someone running up and down hallways in the morning, my dog would growl at walls, at night sometimes I could see outline of someone standing near me in the hall out of the corner of my eye and the thing that would bother me the most, scratching on walls where ever I may be sleeping, in sets of threes. For awhile, I thought maybe I was going crazy, but as the story goes I wasn't the only one experiencing such things in my house.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
NYC - if you did punch a hole through the earth, and pumped out all the air so it was a vacuum - if you jumped into it (like a little hop) would you accellerate all the way to the centre of the earth, and then slow down all the way out and be deposited in Australia with a little plop?you wouldnt want to stuff up the little plop tho, cuz otherwise you'd head back down again smile and it would really really suck to get stuck in the middle if you kept on stuffing it up and losing the required little hop velocity.would the spin of the earth effect it? Does the centrifugal force produced by the spin of the earth produce a significant effect on our experience of gravity?do you get whack kids asking you whacky questions all day at school, only to come online and get whacky grownups asking your whacky questions? winkJosh