Forums > Help! > Scorched knuckles with used medium lotus fans

Login/Join to Participate

Dnbullock
SILVER Member since Feb 2016

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hi!

I'm new to fire spinning and have been learning for about a month now. I am finding it very difficult to deal with the heat of my fans. Every time I use them it hurts (they are not just really hot, it actually hurts) and my knuckles are swollen and scorched afterward.

Could I possibly be doing something wrong? My fan is a bit bent form previous use, could that be an issue?

Please help!

Eva

Delete Topic

hersheyvolts
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Total posts: 2
Posted:too much fuel?

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1032
Posted:You will want to keep them moving. Do not hang them too long downwards as your hands will be directly above the flames and will begin getting burnt after a few seconds.
Keep an eye on where the flame is as you move them around.

You should be able to bend the frame back into shape. If it breaks get in touch with support @homeofpoi . com

May your balls always burn

Delete