Page:
MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Does anyone here find they have different personalities for different scenarios....
I find when at work I am a serious, sometimes angry person (John prescott)
when at home I'm generally relaxed and withdrawn (dylan from magic roundabout)
when spinning / juggling I'm an arrogant, godlike being tongue (me)

...and when I'm hammered I'm a small chinese man...(seriously)

does anyone else shift persona with situations?

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
I can flip from my usual silly/chilled-out/dont-take-anything-seriously/make-to-many-jokes self to being quite stressy and snap at peeps for daft reasons, you can just leave me alone at this point wink

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Thats a defenit yes...I find there are a few opposing opinions that only seem to meet when i am hammered to see who will hang around until the next time I am hammered and they can battle it out again...

I know this stems from my tending to subconsiously sabotage myself and set little challenges for myself without my knowing...and my inability to form a firm opinion on anything or make decisions...it does mean that I argue a lot, but mostly with myself..and my arguments are nonsensicle and illogical

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

nancydrewBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
im here arty fartyxx

But her friend is no where to be seen as she walks through her sunken dream to the seat with the clearest view. . .and she’s hooked to the silver screen

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
I realised that i had personalities for different people/situations about two years ago. I came to find that you cant be the same with everyone because not everyone likes jokes about sex, and not everyone needed me too be serious either. Im absolute filth with my two housemates, but not so with others-that goes for madness, sillyness, gayness, dirtness, seriousness and angerness too.

There is a time and a place for everything, because everyone is different.
And I get the total work thing Mynci!!

You'll find me on the dance floor

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
i have about 5 different personas 2 are commonly out and about and 2 have been hidden very deep down but the 5th comes and goes as he pleases

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
the different types of Tammie

The Professional Tammie - fitted jacket and immaculately dressed

The Mumsy Tammie - being all... well, mumsy actually

The FunTime Weirdo - just with mates

The Drunk Tammie - usually replaces FunTime Weirdo after a while. she just won't shut up

The Paranoid Tammie - just when you thought it was safe

The Sexy Tammie - she exists alright...

The Online Tammie - a witty, remarkable and literate woman

The Wonderful Tammie - Most of the time. yeah baby!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hmm... yes! and i can't always find the one i want, tis quite annoying......

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I have found over the last 7 Months or so that I have two very different personalities. I used to have many more when i was younger but they seem to have settled down into just two. The person I am at HoP/juggly/spinny meets is completely different to how i normally am in the 'real world'

I am very shy and quiet, I like to stay in the background rather than any attention on me. I am often grumpy, I don't smile much and avoid talking to people as much as i can!

Anyone on HoP who has met me will proabably think differently but that is because when i am around hoppers i have way more confidence. I have surprised myself at how different I am around all you lovely people! I feel like i can be myself a lot more. I much more enjoy being the out-going me but i just can't do it when in the 'real world'!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Oh and around people I care about I can also be softer than the marshmallow man in a microwave........scary but carey..... (crap... think the THIRD is trying to take over again...shhh don't mention HIM)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Oh no ITS THE THIRD ARRRRRRRRRRGH lol
3!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
don't encourage HIM3

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
He's coming to getcha mynci boy....

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
He's PART ofthe Mynci.....

screechcircling on the edge of madness
889 posts

Posted:
i realised last night that the persona i have that i have no controll over is actually 3 personas itself so i actualy have 7 seperate personalities i just only know how to talk to/controll 4 of them the other 3 are random aspects of me that don't like being told how to behave.

its weird they never seem to fight each other for controll they just don't do what i want them to all the time

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

heyahoneyBRONZE Member
Redneck Woman
566 posts

Posted:
i have multiple personality disorder, does that count?

Top Three Things I've Learn While Being A Mom
1. Baby poop comes in many colors.
2. Makes sure all dirty diapers are not accessable to my dog.
3. Burp rags are not big enough.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hawoo!

ubblol

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...

Pretty much what Beth said. I tend to be more talkative when I have a ball or poi or something similar on my person. I am usually very shy, but find I can hide behind a ball, which somehow gives me more confidence.

But when with HoPpers, inhibitions tend to disappear for some strange reason...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
I have... 4 personalities.

1 is Online. I generally rant more, and pontificate (yes, I know it) and generally sound less intelligent than I am.

1 is Normal Me, everyday.

1 is "Responsible" me. Whenever I'm in charge of something, especially younger people (I have a lot of experience in that) I tend to act a lot more maturely.

Last, is "Work" where I have to pretend to be working class, and occasionally Cumbrian ubblol

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
hmmm, i think "moods" are a bit more of an appropriate term, different ways that people act in different contexts. i think everyone has this do varying degrees. i know i certainly do, and i tend to freak out a little when there's i'm around two people that i act differently around. i think there was a guy a while ago who talked about this concept as wearing "different hats", like you've got your work hat, and your friend hat and your parent hat for all the differnt roles in your life.

now the thing is that these are all under our conscious control, and we are aware of them, even if they are habits that are tricky to break or recognise sometimes. different personalities however, like what heyahoney and screech sound like they're talking about, aren't necessarily under any control, and might seem like a blackout to the person. conpletely different. it's something a lot diffent to the little inconvenience or quirk of acting differently in differnt situations.

sorry if i'm being anal, but i really wanted to point out how dissimilar these are.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
myco calling them personalities is
1 more fun
2 establishes that we are indeed crazy
ubbloco

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
There is a psychological thing behind this... we chatted about it one day in class... but I cant for the life of me remember what it was about, and I wont be near my text book for another 2 weeks.

Anyway, I have my:

The Venturer me
The me around my parents/family
The me around my boyfriend
Me around my group of friends (although this one and the one above mix alot)
The me around my Christian friends (this one does NOT mix with the above 2)
The online me
And a mixture of all of those

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
I have a split personality, Scary thing is I never know what the other one is up to.

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
Hey you [censored] I was gonna post in this thread. Looks like you beat me to it.

Colin Jsmall member
116 posts

Posted:
hahaha sucker!

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I don't know... I seem to be very similar at work and in play, which is especially odd since I now have rather a Serious Job... I don't know what this says about me! Either I'm happy with who I am or I'm going to get sacked soon.

I used to go out with a guy with proper split personality stuff. It was interesting, although frightening would probably be a better word.

to live at all is miracle enough

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
The FRD online is very different from the real life FRD.

The FRD HoPpers meet is very different from the FRD most non-HoPper people meet.

Its very strange, and at best makes me feel.... weird about myself...
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1126993400)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Colin - rolleyes I was waiting for someone to post like that... trust it to be you! wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i have a split personality...and so do i

smile

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I've found my dark side.....

ShuBRONZE Member
Retro Fyre Wizzard
538 posts

Posted:
Yea...

i have a serious MPD!

ubblol

(i'm outta my mind right now, but please feel free to leave a message!)

Regards hug

Shu
(Ice-E FyreStorm - Group Manager & Performer)

You know those people your parentals warned you about?... I'M ONE OF THEM! ubbloco
Yes, i do bite!!

Page: