Forums > Meet Others > New Jersey Spinners!!!!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
EddieGoJamBRONZE Member
A Dude
12 posts

Posted:
HELLO! Calling all Central Jersey Spinners! My name is Eddie G and I live near East Brunswick. I need some people to show the fire spinning love because I pretty much just go out and practice alone in parks where people just look at me like "What is the crazy guy doing?" I'd like to be around some people who say "Yo! I like that move, BUT HAVE YOU TRIED THIS ONE!" Send me a message if you're down for a session!

MizuBRONZE Member
Water
1 post

Posted:
hey ya! I'm in south jersey but i have no probs making the trip up there to spin with you. I kinda just started poi not to long ago so i can't say " have yew tried this one" but! would be cool to have someone to practice with tongue2

meshunderlayBRONZE Member
Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I know it's quite the trip, but in the summer ya'll should hit up Central Park ^_^

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
P.S. I might become a NJ spinner soon, depends on how things go....

rieannstranger
1 post

Posted:
northern jersey here! not too north, close to nyc. definitely more of a beginner. i'm interested more in staff, but i have fabric poi.

TechSpecnewbie
40 posts

Posted:
I have some friends up in that area, I live in the philadelphia area. I don't honestly see why people can't do a work shop for poi in the phili area sometime since their are so many performers.

Honniegalstranger
13 posts

Posted:
I'm totally green to poi (just started playing with spinning a tennis ball in a sock). So while I am in NNJ, I am going to continue hitting myself in the arms and whatnot for a while before I do it in public. I haven't found any teachers in the area (or classes and the like) so if you are ever up by Giant's stadium, you'll find this girl in her yard whacking herself in the face!

When people ask me how many tattoos I have, I usually say 1, but I have to measure in square meters.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
There are some poi classes occasionally in NYC/Brooklyn, and also, now that the nice weather is here, there is a FB group of people who are going to be meeting in Central Park on the weekends, most of which would be more than happy to help you learn a thing or three.

I'd be more than happy to give you some private help, but it'd require some traveling on either of our parts, as I'm out on Long Island myself.

Honniegalstranger
13 posts

Posted:
Thanks for that (I meant to say thanks on the introduction thread too and got side-tracked defending Nutella).

It is funny that as close as I live to NYC, I loathe the place for its crowded streets and over priced everything (Bottle of Iced Tea - $4). I am going to play around in my novice, clumsiness for a while then look into those Central Park meet-ups for sure. I might be good enough to do a turn without hitting myself by then! Thanks for the offer. Are you deep into the island or closer to the boros?

When people ask me how many tattoos I have, I usually say 1, but I have to measure in square meters.

Juggler/Spinner
612 posts

Posted:
I'm about right in the middle of Nassau County.

As soon as it's ACTUALLY spring.... stupid snow.... I'll be out in the park on weekendy type days with some other folks.

As far as prices of things are concerned *shrug*, I'd suggest bringing your own stuff along, make it a picnic. ^_^

And don't worry, you can only get better from here on out! I can do some pretty.... awkward moves, but I still hit myself plenty on other moves. It comes with the territory.

Sean_LeahySILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hey im in north jrsey to. Just got into poi a few months ago and cant put em down. where in north jersey are you lets spin??

SoothsayerSILVER Member
stranger
7 posts

Posted:
Another north NJ spinner here, Hackettstown if you want to google maps it. I'm not amazing but I get by just fine. Message me if theres ever a group gathering.

TJ_NJBRONZE Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
Hey all Im a new South NJ spinner, Im just outside philly. im pretty darn new, had a used set of fire poi given to me, ill be practicing for a long time before I light up, but would love to get together with someone and practice some time

NJPhoenixBRONZE Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi everyone!

I'm brand new, never spun before. Just put some rice in a couple of stretchy knee socks last night and started beating myself senseless with them.

I'm from Denville (Morris County, NNJ) and I'm looking for someone local to teach me the basics. Would anyone be willing to help me? smile

AJofKorskiSILVER Member
stranger
1 post

Posted:
Yo I'm in Washington. I've been learning new moves lately and am reaching the intermediate level. Hit me up sometime. I have a few friends who are also into glow gloves, the orbit and my on friend and i stick to glow poi. Message me back and I'll send you my number.

..yzarc.. ;)stranger
1 post

Posted:
just moved in to south nj right out side ac been spining for years and need to find some friends to spin with i dont kno any one out here and am dieing to play with some fire soon stickin to the glow sticks for now plz message me n lets spin smile

aquastar86GOLD Member
32 posts

Posted:
Hey I just moved to New Providence! Is there any NJ poi meetup going on? Or maybe we can set up a group spin in some park either in NJ or at Central Park one Saturday afternoon

Pixxie_HaxxSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey There ~ i'm in Dunellen & i'd love to set up a group spin ~ i see that these messages are from a couple of months ago, did a group ever get going?

aquastar86GOLD Member
32 posts

Posted:
I was looking online for a group spin and there seemed to be on in Morristown Green every 1st and 3rd Thursday back in 2009. I don't know if its still active. I'm up for setting up a group spin too!!

aquastar86GOLD Member
32 posts

Posted:
Is anyone available to spin tomorrow night Morristown Green?

br732member
1 post

Posted:
Hello everyone! Im in forked river and would like to spin with other people. It would be fun to meet others who like spin and learn from each other!

Amber Lynnmember
1 post

Posted:
Hey guys! I'm close to Philly in NJ actually! Looking for some peeps to spin with!

KarenHoodKasimBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Just got back from NZ and fell in love with POI. Want to learn POI. I live in North NJ. Does anyone know of classes near by?

Kat WilliamsMember
1 post

Posted:
Looking for fire poi performers for a wedding at my home on 6/17/17 South Jersey. An hour from New Brunswick. 25 mins from PA. Ten Minutes from Delaware. Gloucester Co! Hit me up if you're interested and available 🔥✨

Kitsune34SILVER Member
51 posts

Posted:
Hi, all! The Shore reporting in here! I'm actually looking to get a troupe together to perform locally. Give me a shout if you're interested! I'm even willing to help teach basic safety and beginner moves for poi and fans! :)

"Always forgive your enemies, for nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

willmadSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey Kat Williams,
I'm a poi fire spinner living in New Brunswick area and I'm potentially interested in performing at a wedding near your home! Hit me up, my email address is williams.mad@gmail.com ... Sounds like a cool opportunity!

L_Denise_HaSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
I live in the Vineland area, & am mostly self-taught, at an "Intermediate" level, I would say. Would love to meet fellow spinners, maybe pay you to help me master a few tricks I'm having trouble with.

Brian CraftBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hey, my name's Brian. I live in Williamstown NJ, and looking for people that spin. I have looked all over online and can't find people who spin like me. So if anyone is around the area hit me up

seanf232SILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Anyone spin, juggle, or do fire anything near bridgewater?

Edwin_AngsucoSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
I’m in central New Jersey I’m looking for poi player around me.

Edwin_AngsucoSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Any one giving poi lesson in Central New Jersey?

Page: