Forums > Help! > Tying knots in chains?

Login/Join to Participate

Denver00162SILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
So, I have been spinning fire for a while now and have been using L chains that i feel are a tad long for me. I understand the absolute best way to go about this would be to purchase some M chains but I am curious about something. I don't know anything about what is unhealthy for chains other than the standard "Don't let them rust" so I'm curious if it would be unhealthy for the chain if i were to tie and overhand knot in the chain up near the handles in order to make them a tad shorter. This crossed my mind because thats what i do when i have fabric poi that are ot long and it seems to work really well for me, my only concern is I would hate to do that with chains thinking it's safe then come to find out it isn't. Does anyone out there happen to have the answers I need?

Denver00162SILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
I forgot there were different types of chains, mine are oval link. Thank you for the input, and i have have and always will inspect before lighting up, especially since the rapid links have a nasty habit of coming unscrewed after a few good spin seshes