Forums > Help! > Thoughts on Elmers Glue to secure kevlar poi head rope ends, and this fold I'm planning to use.

Login/Join to Participate

joehenrySILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi guys,

I am making my first set of poi, and am using 2" wide kevlar.

I have created my own little twist on the crown knot, and what this guy does here:

Basically I'm using 3 pieces of kevlar to create a head like this: https://imgur.com/gallery/mgeBd

That's just a little test I did using an old belt as a 3rd piece of kevlar (didn't want to cut my full length strips down yet).

The guy in the video uses Elmers Glue to secure the ends of his kevlar at the top of the head where his folds end. Has anybody had experience with using Elmers like this? Will it really hold up for the lifetime of the poi?

This is also the first set of poi I've ever made, so if you have any thoughts about the fold or construction of this I'd be happy to hear!

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
i cant see the video you linked but the glue should be more of a bit of extra safety, the knot itself should be tight enough to hold itself together really

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh