• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Our Most LIKED Products!

Forums > Meet Others > South African spinners in the Pretoria/Johannesburg area

Login/Join to Participate

JonnyRok
BRONZE Member since May 2005

JonnyRok

Look! I'm Darth Bunny!

Total posts: 446
Posted:Hiya!
Ive been been spinning for a couple of months now and noticed a considerable lack of other spinners in my area. While I may not be able to meet up with people right now (sort of busy year) I would just like to know of any other spinners/gatherings around pretoria/joburg and I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me where I can get a hold of poi supplies here as I have been searching for a while and found very little if not nothing. So if you got some info, pls give it! biggrin

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Delete Topic

WOFT
SILVER Member since May 2005

Likes trees...

Total posts: 209
Posted:Hey Jon!

Why not post in the West Rand, Johannesburg, South Africa... anyone out there? : West Rand, Joburg, South Africa thread.

Also have a look at This thread

It seems like the south african spinning community is growing on HoP. Yay!

Cheers!

#*#*EDIT*#*#

Sorry, I left out poi supplies. Go to Firetribe. the guy who makes the poi (J-P) pretty much runs the Cape Town poi community. he makes good stuff and will give you good advice.

EDITED_BY: WOFT (1122834839)

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

Delete

MagicStunts
BRONZE Member since Dec 2007

MagicStunts

stranger and stranger

Total posts: 19
Posted:There's a whole bunch of us up here too! Every second weekend at klitsgras just outside pretoria there's a drum circle with a fire pit. 22nd Dec. at fossil's hennops there's a gathering. There's a big community on facebook. Contact me if you want more, or check on http://www.magicstunts.co.za for more upcoming events (if i had time to keep it updated weavesmiley)

Got a brand new gallery

Delete

MagicStunts
BRONZE Member since Dec 2007

MagicStunts

stranger and stranger

Total posts: 19
Posted:A category for fire performance has been added to the S.A. National champs for performing arts. This competition's been around for years and they have categories for just about everything showbiz (exept fire dance, up to now). semi finals start early Feb all over the country leading up to the finals in Rustenburg 19 - 27 April. I'll post more details about prizes, judging and all that as i get to know it. I've got entry forms (info@magicstunts.co.za) or keep an eye on our website http://www.magicstunts.co.za juggle
NOW GO PRACTICE

Got a brand new gallery

Delete

snowbeastie
SILVER Member since May 2007

snowbeastie

Total posts: 11
Posted:To all those in the JHB area. Would anyone like to join a spinning group? There are rumblings in HOP and some mates and i decided its time to do something. If there is an actual interest we will have an official event planned. weavesmiley

Faut souffrir pour tre belle

Delete

Posted:Hi

Im from westrand johannesburg area and looking for some people to spin with and learn from, please advise if you know of people or point me in the right direction.

thanks

Delete