Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Manchester Spinners Meet up Info + Stuff

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
juggle weavesmiley Manchester Spinner’s Meet up and stuff weavesmiley juggle

Hi all If you are looking for people to spin poi with in the North west this is the place to be.

For any one new to this sight DON’T READ THE WHOLE THREAD it has been going a long time and contains lots of old information and chat about previous meet ups and organisation stuff just go to the last few posts to find out the most up-to-date information on current events.

First a bit of info the Manchester spinners lot is no professional spinning troop or organised events it is just a group of people who get together to enjoy themselves. The first meet up was organised way beck in September 04 https://delizium.fotopic.net/c291964.html

The crowd has changed a bit from back then but we have kept a few old timers we welcome all along to come and join us for a spin whether you be experienced or a complete beginner we are willing to teach and learn from you.

Their is no set time for the meet ups they are usually organised around when people can make it and how long they can stay.

I will try to update this first post as often as I can with the most up-to-date info on meet ups and club nights that allow spinning but if I'm being a bit lax just find the last few posts foe up-to-date info (like I said before weren’t you paying attention)

To date the standard meets have gone as meet up in Piccadilly gardens at 4pm (nice central point where every one can get to) Then move on down to the Gas Works/CastleField or Plat fields Park depending on the wether till everyone gets to cold/tired/burned then on to the pub

( anybody who doesn’t know where this is it can be arranged for someone to come meet you at the train station or wherever you are coming from .) smile

{ ubblove We are a nice bunch like that ubblove}

Accommodation for a night can usually be arranged but you need to sort this well in advance no just turning up expecting somewhere to sleep eek

(more to be added and all to be spell checked soon)

pm me any info you would like to add

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
heya guys !

I was thinking, how round manchester the, home design store sellls juggling equipment at a very hight price and all the stuff in afflecs are pretty bad quality.

Soo

Im thinking of opening my own stall at the Student Market in manchester (every truesday) selling juggling equipment, various types of poi and diabolos. I hope to sell these at a relatiovely low price too since im buying in bulk.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about this, and if you think i would have enough passing trade for it to be a success.

thanks

tone xx

bing!BRONZE Member
i beat my inner child
184 posts

Posted:
theres no harm in trying. if its a sucess then great! if not you can always get rid of your stock on ebay.
never been to the student market, seen signs about but never bothered to go check it out. where is it?

--the spark what lit the flame which started the fire that burned forever--

nutellamember
87 posts

Posted:
the student market is in the academy. its worth taking a look round, there's little treasures in there, as well as a lot of junk. but definitely worth going to once in a while....

american components, russian components, all made in taiwan!!!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Cool, give it a go!

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

firelightBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:

hey tony 830

i think it it a good idea, to start your own stall. where would u open your stall.

firelight

love fire to play with, love the wonderful colours in the fire.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Right when is the next one? dont make it the weekend of the 7th or whenever of may cos its the clapham! looking forward to seeing you guys soon, and its gonna be warmer!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Bjc = Wow
(we even had a spot of Willy)

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ubblol OMG amazing bounce i ubblove BJC and all the lovely peeps. next up play!

hows about sunday the 14th?

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
 Written by: house_of_mill

Bjc = Wow

(we even had a spot of Willy)

there are no spots on my willy tongue

Was great arriving as the love bus crew arrived aswell!

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Bloody great weekend...

No no juggling whatsoever and probably never will (I'm a firm believer in 'if you can't do something right, don't do it at all') instead gonna focus on poi, doubles and CJ which I managed to get the basics of this weekend...

Yes Will that was an annoyingly brief fleeting visit from yourself there....

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I would have thought you had had all the willy you could handle Dave fromt he previous weekend, guess I was wrong.

Sunday the 14th suits me and I'll prob bring Ed along aswell and maybe 2 more Hull spinners

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
You can never get enough Willy....

A little Willy goes along way...

Across the country and back in fact...

14th you say? I'm sure that'll be do-able

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
the 14th sounds like a plausible date for the next meet, i may even be fit enough after my operation this weekend to actually attend biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
the 14th? Thats the day after my show! I will be still too drunk to drive, and going to a barbeque. So i'm out, even if I also like a bit of Willy, and actually being able to talk to Ed when he's not so f**ked, a la Cornwall.
ubbrollsmile
Heigh ho...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
AHHH sorry i missed your birthday lowan!! hope you had a great day!! and lots of lovely things!!!
ill hopefully catch people on weds for the next meet(rusholm however you spell it!)!!

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
heya guys, anyone up for a spin tonight? i know we had oen eysterday but it was awsome. ive got 4 litres of parrafin for everyone.
Oh yeah, and any work on the next big meet?

tone xx

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
the sunday the 14th i belive is the next big one, I'll be there hopefully with ed and at least one more hull spinner

iggsy :) love life!!!!!!!BRONZE Member
39 posts

Posted:
wicked meet yesterday peeps, ur all sound!!

smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I feel like I'm missing something with these little midweek mini meets... Damn my employment...

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
it turns out it wasnt that mini, there was almost 20 of us there smile

but we have to try tokeep the mini(ish) meets in the other thread so it doesn't get too confusing for everyone that travels from outside manchester wink

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Please smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Thanks Catt! Fire spinning on my birthday! Could ask for nothing better!

Ed is coming to Manchester? Sweet! Love his Contact Balls!!!javascript:void(0) biggrin

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Happy birthday Lowan! How old are you now?

And you leave the poor boy's balls alone...

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Contact Love Balls?? eek what the heck's going on now in this thread??!!! spank

Hi folks wavehello am inordinately jealous of you all at BJC and Falmouth frown and I can't make the 14th either grrrr so I guess it'll be june before i see you guys again! Play!!! bouncebounce2

Oh a plea! Got my stolen mobi replaced but of course have no numbers on it, so if you have my number can you txt me telling me who you are please?

ta very muchly hug

e
x

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

devilstarSILVER Member
blue haired pyrovixen monkey girl!
155 posts

Posted:
Aw, can't make the 14th. Have a good one!

Big fat hug to all the lovebuss passengers! I've never camped with such a big groupe of lovley people before biggrin Gotta be the best way to spend a birthday I can think of! bounce The Kent massive loved ya all too hug

devil Blue is best, blue is beautiful
If I knew what I was looking for, I would have found it by now, but that would take all the fun out of it. - me
I never wanted to be different. I just wanted to be me - bmeshop.com

tony830Member
58 posts

Posted:
heya guys !

nice mini meet, we need another one some tiem soon!

iggsy, those glow sticks looked wicked, i have purple and blue ones for monster tomorow biggrin

hope to see some of you guys there !

love tone xx

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Tone, get the glowsticks from ASDA - 98p each.

See you at Monster tomorrow...!

_Chris_GOLD Member
93 posts

Posted:
14 th sounds good! i have new toys to play with then as well!! new staff, contact ball and devil sticks!! cant wait!! the mini meet was awsome!! great to see so many ace people!! c yall 14th!!

Order and pyromancie as one, controlling chaos.
4 8 15 16 23 42

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Neon Shaolin

Tone, get the glowsticks from ASDA - 98p each.

See you at Monster tomorrow...!

eek oi! stop giving last min notice!

so is it definatly the 14th then?

hazey i agree so much, you guys were amazing and i cant wait for futre holidays, i had such a wicked time biggrin

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I will be ther with flags OW yeah, im so excited about getting them.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Page: ......