Forums > Technical Discussion > Fire eating/bodyburning fuel

Login/Join to Participate

NoxsolBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hello, I'm based in the UK and started fire-eating with hollow stemmed torches this week, could I get some advice on fuel please? I know white spirit is the go to but the white spirit i bought doesn't seem volatile enough for vapor pulls or body-burning (i.e. fuel on skin doesn't readily ignite) - is there something to look for on labels regarding this or a UK brand other fire-eaters have had success with and could reccomend? I noticed there's a high percentage of 'aromatics' listed but not sure if this is relevant - thanks for your time :)

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
US and european white spirits are different (something to do with number of carbons in them). my friend has so far been using methylated spirits (usually a purple colour) for vapour tricks but ive read that it gives off a more harmful gas than the US white spirits

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh