tipsBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
know its a long shot but anyone from hk here? would be ace to meet up and spin in the city or at the beach. by day im a diaboloist (cool i just made up a word) and by night im a fire staffer. biggrin

when things get tough turn up the music and crack open another beer

JustwalkMember
68 posts

Posted:
i'm a staff spinner, but only at hong kong during some summers

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
wow... i thought Spinnning is not popular in HK. But i am wrong. I will back to HK later this year for a short while. Would be cool to meet some local spinner~
Eccles

tipsBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
cool. im at uni in newcastle at the mo. but heading back for easter break and prob summer. anyone around let me know (pm me or something)- would be great to get a group together or something. weavesmiley beerchug

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
This is well weird! I was just talking to my friend about finding other spinners in Hong Kong. I said that I already did a search last summer but she told me its still worth a shot. Guess she was right. I think this thread started virtually the week after our conversation.

Anyway, I will be heading back to Hong Kong to stay for a relatively long time (until Summer maybe). I am a chain spinner and would love to spin at the beaches! I really don't think people would take kindly if we were to spin at the cities. Although, I would love spinning at the Victoria Harbour! The pictures would be soo good!! I don't care if I get arrested! tongue
EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1142486937)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Why not Lo? I'm sure you can get away with glowpoi on the habour front - best place would probably be in front of the Hong Kong Art Museum & Planetarium - wide open spaces.

Unfortunately I didn't have have any Glowpoi with me when I last when I only started spinning the week earlier.

Mum bless her collected a few stray glowsticks that were handed out at a Chinese show type thing to attach to my chains.

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yeah, why didn't I think of that? LOL! Probably didn't actualy give it much thought because I only have fire in my brain.

I was thinking about the same thing about the Planetarium/Art museum. You can look straight across the Victoria Harbour from there. Imagine doing glow-poi with the laser show in the back! Gonna need really bright glo-poi tho.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

tipsBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
ah sweet people are actually replying! cool. anyway ive done fire at repulse bay beach before during the lantern festival and also occassionay to practice and the police dont mind- they did flash a torch at me as i was splashing kerosene around but they didnt seem to mind. havent been in the city.. want to though. harbour would be cool- dont think fire would be n issue. hit lankwai perhaps biggrin anyway will be back next week!

tipsBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
ok its been awhile. just to let everyone know that i also started a similar thread on www.geoexpat.com forums. Found 2 people there who are also interested and even had a meet at deep water bay! hopefully you guys will check this thread again! ive also found a place which sells kerosene weavesmiley

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
i will be in HK at the last week of September.
hope i can meet hop people in my home town!

pm me if you want to meet up

festivalfaeryPLATINUM Member
stranger
5 posts

Posted:
OMG I am so glad I am not the only one as it would seem in HK that loves poi. It would be great to meet up with some likeminded peeps and not feel quite so alone and isolated in my fave hobby, Perhaps learn some new tricks.

EcclesGOLD Member
enthusiast
251 posts

Posted:
Will back to HK this Sept again for a very short while.

sunbunboyBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Nice to see you guys here. It would be really great if we can meet or practice or even have some exchnage about fire poi or staff in HK.

I play fire poi in Aus before but when i got back to HK, i feel i cant play or spin it anymore. I just wonder if there is fire spinning club in HK so that i could keep spinning it.

Is it possilbe to spin a fire poi in east victory harbour? it would be funny if all of us gather to spin there once a month in front of all Hk people and tourist.

I willl be in Hk in Sept and my email address is
sunbun@hotmail.co.jp

arnabBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
hi any one from HKG can suggest me any place where i can find fire spinning stuff in hongkong.

arnabBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
hi any one from HKG can suggest me any place where i can find fire spinning stuff in hongkong.

loewan1BRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hello all,

Anyone in Hong Kong would like to do some fire poi or staff. Give me a shout on ayhwan@gmail.com.

MortimeraBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Sorry for necro, I know this thread is super old.
I'm more used to spinning flowlights/glowsticks but would like to get into fire poi. I'm usually in HK during Summer and Winter break, away during the rest of the school year.
Two questions:
1. Where can you get fuel in HK?
2. Would love to meet up for a demo/if I could bum a try off someone with fire poi.
Parents are on my case about spinning fire.

JamboSnack GabbyBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hey Guys!
Gabby just wanna let you guys know if you guys feel like flowing or spinning I'm here in HongKong
Feel free to email me at c.r.gabby72@gmail.com
I do pooi spinning btw

JamboSnack GabbyBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
Hi Mortirema!
Im Gabby nice to meet you im a local spinner from HongKong feel free to email me at c.r.gabby72@gmail.com
and lets meet up for flows :)