• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Beginner staff user needs help!

Login/Join to Participate

Posted:Hello everyone! I'm new to this! My name's Lucan and I'm from Australia!

I recently purchased a 6 light contacts flow staff and was looking for someone to help me with finding the style I want. I want to practice and be good for a Bush doof I am attending in November! (Earthcore)

This is a video of the style of flow I would like! If anyone could point my in the direction of a good tutorial or DVD I could purchase it would be greatly appreciated!

The link to the video. 😊

Thank you!

Delete Topic

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1017
Posted:Hi Lucan,

Have you got the basics sorted?
See http://www.homeofpoi.com/en/lessons_all/teach/Library-Staff-4_0_0
br>
I think that should cover what you see in the video and it's all free to download for our customers.

Otherwise MCP's staff video is quite good for beginners
http://www.homeofpoi.com/en/shop/productDetails/Staff-Manipulation-by-MCP-DVD
br>
All the best

Malcolm

May your balls always burn

Delete

Posted:Hi Malcolm! No I haven't got the basics down as I haven't known what videos yo watch ( have just been mucking around)

But thank you! I will watch those tutorials. 😊

Delete

Posted:Also, do I need to buy the MCPs DVD if I watch lessons you linked me? Or do they cover the same stuff?

Delete

Malcolm
SAPPHIRE Member since Nov 2003

Malcolm

HOP admin

Total posts: 1017
Posted:Do the free ones first. Then search around YouTube and check out other styles. You may get to like double staff or contact staff for instance. Then we can help you find the next step. If you can find others to spin with is great way of sharing and learning. Another tip is to learn in front of a reflective surface so you can see what you are doing in the same perspective that you watch lessons in. Or video yourself to watch later and decide what to do better or differently.

Don't try to get a single move for more than 15minutes if you're struggling. Have a rest and then try again.

May your balls always burn

Delete

trailatlas17

Total posts: 12
Posted:Nice video. Were you able to video your routine?

Delete