Forums > Help! > Drying out dunked handles

Login/Join to Participate

neothermicmember
1 post

Posted:
Helloo!

First post here and typically it's a question I predict the community will be able to answer very quickly, just havn't found the answer anywhere else yet...

Pretty simple/stupid situation, when spinning with friends, someone dropped a whole set of poi in the fuel. Nay, by the end of the night it was 3 whole sets. I now have 3 sets with soggy, fuel drenched handles which I'm not too confident in lighting up!

Is there a 'best way' to deal with this? Currently I plan to hang them all up and let them air dry for a while, as I'm thinking the parafin will evaporate off? Does anyone have experience of this? I don't want the handles to go up in flames next time I use them!

Thanks in advance :D

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
for fabric handles soak in soapy water, scrub them a bit and then leave to dry. for leather handles wipe down with wet cloth and leave on a radiator (or something else hot....aside from fire tongue2 ) for a while. if theyre leather then they might feel a bit rougher after but its better than slightly flammable lol

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh