Sidge Rushtonmember
1 post

Posted:
Hello!

I am extremely interested in learning Bolas (apologies if there is already a thread on this but I did a search and couldn't find anything definitive) and was wondering if anyone on here had any advice or information.

I am from the UK and was wondering if anyone knows a place where I could take lessons? Also I would like to know if anyone knows of somewhere I could buy bolas or what materials from home of poi would be best to construct my own.

Any comments or information on bolas in general is also very welcome.

Thanks

Sidge

ABOBer92SILVER Member
ABOB - Pois'n'us
178 posts

Posted:
when i first read this i thought you meant rola bola (was typing about just grabbing some thick pipe and a plank of wood) but did a quick google to check if there was anything else and wiki suggested this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolas
in which case im thinking you should look at rope dart. as a estimated guess, if you use the same set up for making the fire rope dart (ie a detachable head) but attach a set or meteor poi at the the centre then you can get a 2 headed version, the 3 headed version might be easier made by making 3 normal poi and then tying the handles together and then attaching them (though now im thinking you could make them using a plait without needing to make it detachable

I dont want to be called 'the greatest' or 'one of the greats'; let other guys claim to be the best. I just want to be known as a clown, to me thats the height of my profession. It means you can do everything-sing, dance, and above all, make people laugh